My story has been pending for 10 days...

Be patient. Every time you resubmit you go to the end of the queue. 48 hours for a new author is unusual - even a long term writer like me works on 2 - 3 days when I'm lucky, 3 - 4 days when it's slow.

Don't expect feedback, you won't get it. Don't keep sending follow-ups either, not till it's been at least a week. A polite PM to Laurel can break a story loose, but many of us believe she's the only one screening stories, so patience is a virtue.
Thanks for the advice. I'll be patient. Also, I am not a new author. :) I have 26 (soon to be 27) stories posted so far, over the past two years... Also, I have not been sending constant PMs. I only sent ONE PM, and one feedback. My story had been submitted on 3/5 originally. As I mentioned, I submitted a SECOND story AFTER 3/5, and it got posted within 48 hours. So on 3/22 (officially 17 days after I originally submitted my 3/5 story), I deleted it and re-submitted. And I have been waiting for 5 days now and still nothing. So, I think you can understand why I feel this is unusual. Every one of my 25+ earlier story entries went live within 48 hours, so this seemed odd to me. Hence why I created this post to ask advice.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be patient. Also, I am not a new author. :) I have 26 (soon to be 27) stories posted so far, over the past two years... Also, I have not been sending constant PMs. I only sent ONE PM, and one feedback. My story had been submitted on 3/5 originally. As I mentioned, I submitted a SECOND story AFTER 3/5, and it got posted within 48 hours. So on 3/22 (officially 17 days after I originally submitted my 3/5 story), I deleted it and re-submitted. And I have been waiting for 5 days now and still nothing. So, I think you can understand why I feel this is unusual. Every one of my 25+ earlier story entries went live within 48 hours, so this seemed odd to me. Hence why I created this post to ask advice.
That put you at the end of the submissions queue again. I agree the delay has been so long. I'm not Laurel, though, so all I can do is sympathize.

Since this site is volunteer run, would it not be prudent to recruit volunteers from among the more prolific authors whose judgement can be trusted?
Make everybody have to vet one story before they can submit one of their own.

There's a site called Critique Circle that kinda does that. You earn credits by critiquing other people's stories, and posting one of your own costs credits.

Make everybody have to vet one story before they can submit one of their own.

There's a site called Critique Circle that kinda does that. You earn credits by critiquing other people's stories, and posting one of your own costs credits.
That would be a good idea. Or, for every so many you vet, your story gets bumped up on the list. Niantic does something like this for submitting new Pokestops. It sure gets people involved in vetting when the only other option is to wait an unknown amount of time.

Say a story goes to 10 people. 7 or more approvals, it goes live. 3 or fewer, it’s rejected. 4-6, goes to Laurel and Manu, who it sounds like are the ones trying to go through everything.

Back