Group Sex pending

Jay142

Really Experienced
Is anyone else experiencing longer pending times in the Group Sex category? I've written over 100 stories and most of the time, my stories are published within 2 days. Two submitted stories ago, it took a week. My next one was two days, and my latest is at seven days and counting again. The unusual thing is that I submitted it on Dec. 5 but it says it was submitted on the 6th. I contacted Laurel after the first one took a week. I didn't get a response but the story was published the next day.

Is this the new normal? Am I just being impatient? Did my story get lost in the shuffle?

Is anyone else experiencing longer pending times in the Group Sex category? I've written over 100 stories and most of the time, my stories are published within 2 days. Two submitted stories ago, it took a week. My next one was two days, and my latest is at seven days and counting again. The unusual thing is that I submitted it on Dec. 5 but it says it was submitted on the 6th. I contacted Laurel after the first one took a week. I didn't get a response but the story was published the next day.

Is this the new normal? Am I just being impatient? Did my story get lost in the shuffle?
If you mean Laurel not responding, then no, that has always been normal. It is quite abnormal for her to respond ;)

When it comes to story queues they vary in my experience. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, sometimes it takes longer. It depends on the day of the week when the work was submitted. Many authors time their submissions so they get published during weekends when the traffic is greater, so that practice creates longer queues near the end of the week, I think.

Every year around this time someone asks this question, and the answer's always the same. It's normal; yes, you're impatient; yes, it might have got lost, but more likely, the queue is longer than normal.

For me, it's usually 2 - 3 days, but I've seen up to a week.

The unusual thing is that I submitted it on Dec. 5 but it says it was submitted on the 6th.
This has happened to several writers, including myself. I recall reading about some cases where the "submitted" date changed several times.

Group Sex Pending would be great title for a story here…
I can’t quite come up with a plot, but am confident someone will soon!

Group Sex Pending would be great title for a story here…
I can’t quite come up with a plot, but am confident someone will soon!
Read my mind. Since the OP's issue has been resolved, I vote we hijack the thread and start posting story ideas...
Anyone got a good one?
Beuller, Beuller...

Every year around this time someone asks this question, and the answer's always the same. It's normal; yes, you're impatient; yes, it might have got lost, but more likely, the queue is longer than normal.

For me, it's usually 2 - 3 days, but I've seen up to a week.

RemindMe! 1 Year "Why is the pending queue molasses again? It's totally because of my story, right?"

Ack, the story I submitted recently is in Group Sex. Hope this isn’t a bad sign of a long pending time.

You aren't alone in wondering this. I am going through the same thing.

Unless somebody aside from TPTB* knows, I don't think there are separate queues for each category. Best I can determine, it's all one giant FIFO queue with two known exceptions, Illustrated, and Poetry. Those two categories (apparently) need more eyes-on attention, and it's my reading from postings here that manual intervention gets pushed to the side for supervisory "roundtuits".

* - The Powers That Be

Re: Group Sex Pending - Thanks for the inspiration! I write GS, and my little troupe of randy swingers could make for a rollicking fun time under that premise.

Unless somebody aside from TPTB* knows, I don't think there are separate queues for each category. Best I can determine, it's all one giant FIFO queue with two known exceptions, Illustrated, and Poetry. Those two categories (apparently) need more eyes-on attention, and it's my reading from postings here that manual intervention gets pushed to the side for supervisory "roundtuits".
That makes sense to me... EXCEPT that, if you browse the new stories each day, there almost always are exactly three Celebrities/Fanfic stories each day, as if they are being buffered in release to ensure a steady stream of this fairly rare category. Any one notice other categories like that?

That makes sense to me... EXCEPT that, if you browse the new stories each day, there almost always are exactly three Celebrities/Fanfic stories each day, as if they are being buffered in release to ensure a steady stream of this fairly rare category. Any one notice other categories like that?

Now that's certainly plausible - making sure there's fresh material in each niche. We also know that contest entries jump the queue regardless of category.

Yes, the site pretty much keeps up a steady flow into each category, but I've never sensed different category times - except to the extent they're volume dependent.

Now, where is the sign-up for this pending group sex? How many are attending it? Is this an officially sanctioned orgy by Leterotica?

2JvHaP6.png

My brain translates this thread to "Group Sex Spending!"

Let me check the budget

Back