Pending Stories

I haven't had many issues with the submission process, but my last chapter I submitted on April 9th, the date changed to April 13th as "Pending", and is just stuck there for nearly 2 weeks.
Same as me, I suspect we are stuck in the wheel of rejection once again!

IMG_0814.png

So I upload the next chapter, and within one day we have “New” and a date for publication, but the previous one - nope, nothing doing, still pending.

I am pretty certain it has been rejected for something, but until it happens I can do nothing.

It’s frustrating because I would like the other one published first.

Suddenly had my latest get a status update. It'll release tomorrow. I sent a message to the "contact us" user through the site yesterday explaining the issue and how it has sat in purgatory for two weeks. Not sure if that is just a coincidence, but thankfully not rejected!

Suddenly had my latest get a status update. It'll release tomorrow. I sent a message to the "contact us" user through the site yesterday explaining the issue and how it has sat in purgatory for two weeks. Not sure if that is just a coincidence, but thankfully not rejected!
I might try that myself if it doesn’t update by the weekend.

Are there such things as coincidences?

I have some data that might be useful, to anyone who has seen a delay in getting submitted stories approved and posted. The data are based entirely on my own limited experience, with my account.

I’ve been here for almost five years, and am therefore a known quantity to the site folks. My stories (and chapters within multi-part stories) are short, with only one longer than 20k words. I have never seen a submittal rejected for reasons of content or execution, nor have I been cited for use of A.I. Until recently, it was routine for the time between submittal and publication of my stories to be three days or less.

Within the past few months, however, that interval has stretched to six days. To me, that’s no big deal, because the stories were eventually approved and published. I’m doing this as a hobby. Nobody, myself included, is clamoring for my erotica to get onto the site immediately.

I’ve also seen that, in the past few days, the daily New Stories batch has often filled less space than two pages. (Today, April 24, it went onto the third page.) That seems shorter than the usual has been, although I haven’t dug through to see what a historical average might be. My theory is that, for whatever reason, the story approval process has recently taken more time than previously.

Anyway, it may be that one could wait longer to check on a pending story. Someone who had reason to PM Laurel after five days might choose to bide more time (eight or ten days, maybe). I didn’t PM Laurel during my six-day waits (although I was getting close), and I haven’t asked Laurel about my slower-approval theory. So, while your mileage may do that thing that mileage always seems to do--varying--I can tell you that my own experience is that the longer wait hasn’t foretold a rejection, nor indicated that the story has been lost.

I have some data that might be useful, to anyone who has seen a delay in getting submitted stories approved and posted. The data are based entirely on my own limited experience, with my account.

I’ve been here for almost five years, and am therefore a known quantity to the site folks. My stories (and chapters within multi-part stories) are short, with only one longer than 20k words. I have never seen a submittal rejected for reasons of content or execution, nor have I been cited for use of A.I. Until recently, it was routine for the time between submittal and publication of my stories to be three days or less.

Within the past few months, however, that interval has stretched to six days. To me, that’s no big deal, because the stories were eventually approved and published. I’m doing this as a hobby. Nobody, myself included, is clamoring for my erotica to get onto the site immediately.

I’ve also seen that, in the past few days, the daily New Stories batch has often filled less space than two pages. (Today, April 24, it went onto the third page.) That seems shorter than the usual has been, although I haven’t dug through to see what a historical average might be. My theory is that, for whatever reason, the story approval process has recently taken more time than previously.

Anyway, it may be that one could wait longer to check on a pending story. Someone who had reason to PM Laurel after five days might choose to bide more time (eight or ten days, maybe). I didn’t PM Laurel during my six-day waits (although I was getting close), and I haven’t asked Laurel about my slower-approval theory. So, while your mileage may do that thing that mileage always seems to do--varying--I can tell you that my own experience is that the longer wait hasn’t foretold a rejection, nor indicated that the story has been lost.
Right, but as you can see in my above post, one story submitted on Tuesday was published yesterday - 24 hours.

The previous chapter has been waiting since the 18th and is 1000 words shorter than the one that was published yesterday.

Right, but as you can see in my above post, one story submitted on Tuesday was published yesterday - 24 hours.

The previous chapter has been waiting since the 18th and is 1000 words shorter than the one that was published yesterday.
Yes, your mileage varies. The inconsistency in the treatment of your two items is, in my view, cause for a PM to Laurel.

Back