Publication Delays?

Naughtylit81

Dirty Daddy
Is anyone else experience delays for approval and publication of their stories? I have had a story in pending since the 30th of January with no feedback of any kind. Checking the category there have been 20 stories published in that 2-4+ day window for typical publication so I know stuff is getting posted.

Is anyone else experience delays for approval and publication of their stories? I have had a story in pending since the 30th of January with no feedback of any kind. Checking the category there have been 20 stories published in that 2-4+ day window for typical publication so I know stuff is getting posted.
Actually, I just had something go live in pretty much record time (barely 48 hours). But bear in mind that there is the 750 word Challenge ongoing plus the Valentine's Day Contest. I suspect I was merely lucky.

Ps. Love the avatar, great book...

It depends on how clogged a certain category is with submitted stories. My stories usually post within 2-3 days yet this one has been pending for four days and there is no publication date in sight. It's likely these (silly) 750-word challenges people keep coming up with that clog the system. On top of that, many authors here submit multiple stories for that challenge. You can do the math yourself ;)

So my submission date just changed from 30 January to 5 February. Does that mean I am back at the bottom of the queue?

This feels like a site-wide problem. I submitted a story on February 5th and it's still stuck in "pending".

UPDATE: My story was FINALLY approved and is due for release on the 15th.

Last edited:
Back