Pending Stories

SamBomb

Experienced
My story has been pending since the 17th, the longest I have ever had a story pending. Maybe a thread where we can keep each other updated on waiting times. Does anybody have a longer pending story now?

Is a week bad? I've never had a week before.

My last one simmered in pending for a week, and there was nothing special about it. Just about the moment I was going to say something to Laurel, it popped-up with a NEW flag and was queued for the next day. I'd wait a day or two more, then drop a PM to Laurel if it hasn't gone through.

I don't think a thread "monitoring" wait times would work well. The amount of time at any specific moment varies widely depending on category, content, the author's reputation, and whether there's contest about to break. It's just the way it is.

I don't think a week is bad at all, especially considering the time of the year. Several others have mentioned slightly longer pending times in the weeks after the holidays. I imagine there might have been an uptick in submissions with the holidays winding down, leading to more stuff in the queues.

I had one recently that I think took about 10 days, which I attributed to the post-holiday and the length of the story. I wouldn't worry about it.

All of my stories tend to go up within a couple of days. My most recent one however was submitted on the 10th and didn't post until the 19th. I just presumed there was a new years backlog from writers returning with a new year, new me attitude to posting!

My story has been pending since the 17th, the longest I have ever had a story pending. Maybe a thread where we can keep each other updated on waiting times. Does anybody have a longer pending story now?

There was a delay for a while. Not sure it’s still going on, but there may be a backlog. I had one story take a week to publish, but the last one was back to 48 hours.

The delay was due to changes to the story front page.

Emily

Posted one on 1/6 and it took 8 days, posted another on 1/9 and it is still pending, though the date of submission changed to 1/17 which was interesting.

Prior to that the norm for mine had been about 2 days.

My first few went in over night, my third (which was longer than the two others took four or five days).

My last was nine days, just after Christmas, and a PM to Laurel to break it loose. She apologised for the delay in a return PM, saying she had a huge backlog.

My story was sent back with this generic message:

Dear Writer,
Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.​
  • Are you using Grammarly, ProWritingAid, Quillbot or a similar software? Many modern writing packages incorporate AI. If you are using a grammar check program sparingly (as a spellcheck, to fix punctuation, review grammar, and/or occasionally as a thesaurus), that should be fine. If you are allowing a grammar check program to “rewrite” your words, that may cross the line into AI generated text/stories. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.
Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions on these, please let us know.
Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!
Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

So, annoying.

Dear Writer,
Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.​
  • Are you using Grammarly, ProWritingAid, Quillbot or a similar software? Many modern writing packages incorporate AI. If you are using a grammar check program sparingly (as a spellcheck, to fix punctuation, review grammar, and/or occasionally as a thesaurus), that should be fine. If you are allowing a grammar check program to “rewrite” your words, that may cross the line into AI generated text/stories. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.
Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

So, annoying.
It's the 5th part of a story where the first 4 parts were all written the exact same method and this is the one that is a problem? It's frustrating.

It's the 5th part of a story where the first 4 parts were all written the exact same method and this is the one that is a problem? It's frustrating.

Your mention of "exact same method" begs a question: were parts 1 through 4 written with the assistance of grammar tools? The submission process has been adjusted in the past few months and earlier submissions may not have been filtered under the new, more stringent evaluation system.

Your mention of "exact same method" begs a question: were parts 1 through 4 written with the assistance of grammar tools? The submission process has been adjusted in the past few months and earlier submissions may not have been filtered under the new, more stringent evaluation system.
I use Grammarly to fix my horrible spelling and commas, and take some suggestions. My last two stories were November 16 and 28th, both had no problems.

It's frustrating since the stories are all labelled with H and I get a comment every few days saying where is part 5.

Dear Writer,
Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

So, annoying.
I’m really not trying to sound smug, but I just had a story accepted in under 24 hours (posts tomorrow). Before that, I had three publish in three days (Jan, 19 - 21). I’ve had five 750 word stories approved in the same timeframe (all queued for Feb, 1).

It might be that @Laurel likes to keep me under her desk for amusement when things get slow. But it’s more likely my all too human approach to grammar and punctuation. Write poorly structured crap like me and all your problems will evaporate.

And no, I don’t use Grammarly or whatever. The only suggestions I get for improvement are from humans. Seems to work OK for me.

As I say, I’m trying to be helpful, not to rub your nose in it.

Emily

Yeah, maybe I need to worry less about grammar and such. Although I still had over 80 suggestions on the page I ignored.

Dear Writer,
Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

So, annoying.
I'm in the same boat, been trying to get the next chapter up since December. I rewrote it without Grammarly, still got rejected. Based on the other threads I read about this issue, there does not seem to be a path forward.

I have a story that's currently on its 7th day in pending it is my first illustrated story and first story in over a year so I'm just waiting.

If so, that's b.s.

My current story was originally submitted in the middle of December and took two weeks to be rejected for AI. PM’d laurel with the statistics showing how many hours I spent in the word file writing, explained I didn’t use AI, etc because what else can I do? No response. Took another 8 or 9 days to be rejected again. I used half a dozen sites to see what was being flagged for AI, none of them flagged anything in it, not even a single sentence. Whatever okay, I reluctantly made edits to the story without knowing what the issue was. PM’d laurel again. Resubmitted 1/15, still in pending without any update. I think the frustration with the site for me right now is the inaccurate rejections combined with taking near two weeks for every update.

My current story was originally submitted in the middle of December and took two weeks to be rejected for AI. PM’d laurel with the statistics showing how many hours I spent in the word file writing, explained I didn’t use AI, etc because what else can I do? No response. Took another 8 or 9 days to be rejected again. I used half a dozen sites to see what was being flagged for AI, none of them flagged anything in it, not even a single sentence. Whatever okay, I reluctantly made edits to the story without knowing what the issue was. PM’d laurel again. Resubmitted 1/15, still in pending without any update. I think the frustration with the site for me right now is the inaccurate rejections combined with taking near two weeks for every update.
What are they looking for? Yeah, that part is frustrating.

First four parts of my series have 4.63, 4.87, 4.85, and 4.68 ratings, so however I am doing it it's well received.

I'm doing a full re-edit, submitting it and we'll see. If this continues I will just have to go somewhere else to post stories I guess. I don't know.

I submitted one last night, it allegedly will be published on the 27th. There's barelly anything for her to review, so hopefully it really was super easy for her. I'm curious if it'll go live here first, or Lush.

SextacyLit won the race. Although I don't know how it ended up one less to a thousand words, while on Lush it was one more than.

My latest submission took about 12 hours to be approved. I'm not sure if we can draw any lessons from that, though, except maybe that Laurel likes brother-sister-girlfriend threesome stories.

Back