Wrong story pasted in my story

EmyS

Experienced
Hey everyone! So I submitted 2 parts for a story (Finally Free). However, I think that when the editors pasted the text in the first story, they copied the wrong story. So my Part 1 is someone else's story, and my Part 2 is ok. I reported the first story, thinking that someone would fix it, but it has been more than 10 days and it's still there. Any idea what to do?

You need to ask either for the story to be removed or resubmit the story. Or resubmitted the original story with EDIT included in the title, and ask them to replace the existing text with the new text. I don't believe they use a copy and paste; they use a conversion program to change your word or text submission into the HTML format.

Hey everyone! So I submitted 2 parts for a story (Finally Free). However, I think that when the editors pasted the text in the first story, they copied the wrong story. So my Part 1 is someone else's story, and my Part 2 is ok. I reported the first story, thinking that someone would fix it, but it has been more than 10 days and it's still there. Any idea what to do?
Excuse me for asking, but do you mean that Literotica itself made the error? You said "editors," so I'm assuming you meant Lit itself, not an editor working for you.

I don't remember ever hearing that particular problem happening. It may not make a difference, but maybe it would help to give a few days between two submissions.

Resubmit your Part 1 with a note to the editor that there's been a glitch. You need to get the correct content in front of @Laurel and a resubmission is the best way to do that.

Excuse me for asking, but do you mean that Literotica itself made the error? You said "editors," so I'm assuming you meant Lit itself, not an editor working for you.

I don't remember ever hearing that particular problem happening. It may not make a difference, but maybe it would help to give a few days between two submissions.
A similar thing happened a week or so ago, and got fixed in a day or two.

There's a thread just down the page from this one (I'm too lazy to link it).

A similar thing happened a week or so ago, and got fixed in a day or two.

There's a thread just down the page from this one (I'm too lazy to link it).
Yes, now I remember it. Maybe Laurel (?) is finally getting tired after twenty-three years of this.

You need to ask either for the story to be removed or resubmit the story. Or resubmitted the original story with EDIT included in the title, and ask them to replace the existing text with the new text. I don't believe they use a copy and paste; they use a conversion program to change your word or text submission into the HTML format.
Thanks so much for the response. I basically wrote it directly in the Lit text box and submitted it. When it was published, the first part had my correct title but a completely different story in it (written by another author). Unfortunately I didn’t save another version on my laptop so lesson learned! I’ll make sure to save a copy so that I can resubmit if this happens again. :)

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate everyone’s help! Fingers crossed that someone somewhere has the initial submitted story! ;) xo

Thanks so much for the response. I basically wrote it directly in the Lit text box and submitted it. When it was published, the first part had my correct title but a completely different story in it (written by another author). Unfortunately I didn’t save another version on my laptop so lesson learned! I’ll make sure to save a copy so that I can resubmit if this happens again.
That's exactly what the other person did, didn't save his own copy. What's the likelihood of that?

Thanks so much for the response. I basically wrote it directly in the Lit text box and submitted it. When it was published, the first part had my correct title but a completely different story in it (written by another author). Unfortunately I didn’t save another version on my laptop so lesson learned! I’ll make sure to save a copy so that I can resubmit if this happens again. :)
Yeah, that's one of those Lit quirks that are real pain. You can't just edit the published version; you have to resubmit it. But resubmit what?

After facing that problem, I use this technique. Just before I submit something, I copy everything in the text box - it edit mode, so I pick up any HTML codes I wrote. Then I save that as a separate file called, say, Gone With the Wind, Ch. 6 Submitted. That way I have something to work with if I do have to fix an error. (And your "error" was a huge one.) :unsure:

Back