It’s frustrating

Fran_cd

Virgin
I’ve had 2 stories rejected alleged use of AI. One was part 6 of a 6 part story, the wrap-up to end the story. When I got the first rejection I asked an editor to read it and offer advice. I DO NOT use AI to write my stories. The closest I get to that is the spellcheck that comes with MS Word When I didn’t get a response from the editor I re-wrote part 6 and it was again rejected. I then deleted part 6 entirely. I’m sorry to those who asked me to continue the story.
When “Caught wearing a bra, part 2” was rejected for editors notes in the submitted text I corrected that and re-submitted it. Now that has also been rejected for suspected AI, so I deleted it also.
I love to write erotica, and I think I’m pretty good at it, but I don’t know how to fix this problem and have not found any one to help me. I will admit that I am technology challenged, so maybe this isn’t the platform for me.
Fran_cd

I’ve had 2 stories rejected alleged use of AI. One was part 6 of a 6 part story, the wrap-up to end the story. When I got the first rejection I asked an editor to read it and offer advice. I DO NOT use AI to write my stories. The closest I get to that is the spellcheck that comes with MS Word When I didn’t get a response from the editor I re-wrote part 6 and it was again rejected. I then deleted part 6 entirely. I’m sorry to those who asked me to continue the story.
When “Caught wearing a bra, part 2” was rejected for editors notes in the submitted text I corrected that and re-submitted it. Now that has also been rejected for suspected AI, so I deleted it also.
I love to write erotica, and I think I’m pretty good at it, but I don’t know how to fix this problem and have not found any one to help me. I will admit that I am technology challenged, so maybe this isn’t the platform for me.
Fran_cd
I went to look at some of your writing. The first part of Caught Wearing a Bra is a little odd, in that each sentence is in its own paragraph. Maybe that's tickling the AI detector?

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear. There are lots of threads here about this. Please try reading them.

If it was me. I’d start a convo with @Laurel - if you don’t know who she is, she co-owns the site and - as far as anyone knows - is the only submissions reviewer.

Good luck

Em

I think the Next Big Thing won't be the perfect AI we're all anticipating; it will be an AI degenerator: enter a prompt, and the degenerator will output text that couldn't possibly have been output by an AI text generator.

But that said I don't have any particular advice that hasn't been given already: reach out to Laurel, explain your situation, try resubmitting with an editor's note, etc.

I sympathize with this issue, it seems like a real bummer. I'm not sure why it's happening, but it does seem to be happening fairly regularly.

Fran_cd
There are no "editors" rejecting anything--just one. Laurel. If you didn't use AI, you might try just resubmitted with the comment to that effect in the Notes box. Chances are good the story will then post as you originally wrote it.

The editor I referred to was one of the volunteer editors, not Laura’s. From my understanding there is a program that looks for AI and for some reason it’s flagging my story. It’s frustrating that I don’t know how to fix it, and no one seems to know or be willing to help. BTW, I did put a note in the notes box when I resubmitted it and it was still rejected. That’s why I just deleted it.
The editors notes in the second one were notes my Word program put in. I had to turn them off and resubmit so I did. Then it was rejected for AI.

I went to look at some of your writing. The first part of Caught Wearing a Bra is a little odd, in that each sentence is in its own paragraph. Maybe that's tickling the AI detector?

Thank you. I do tend to use paragraph breaks, especially when writing dialogue. Bad habit of an old journalist. I’ll go back and look at part 2 and consolidate some sentences. I will also be more cognizant of it in future writings.

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear. There are lots of threads here about this. Please try reading them.

If it was me. I’d start a convo with @Laurel - if you don’t know who she is, she co-owns the site and - as far as anyone knows - is the only submissions reviewer.

Good luck

Em
Thank you. I will do both of your suggestions.

The editor I referred to was one of the volunteer editors, not Laura’s. From my understanding there is a program that looks for AI and for some reason it’s flagging my story. It’s frustrating that I don’t know how to fix it, and no one seems to know or be willing to help. BTW, I did put a note in the notes box when I resubmitted it and it was still rejected. That’s why I just deleted it.
The editors notes in the second one were notes my Word program put in. I had to turn them off and resubmit so I did. Then it was rejected for AI.
You don't get "Editors Notes" specific to your story, just the generic rejection notice.

Unfortunately, AI rejections are becoming more and more common, and the site appears to be struggling to find a workable solution. Your frustration is understandable, but deleting your file is giving in too quickly, I think. The more people who fight for their own stories, the louder the noise to get a workable solution.

You don't get "Editors Notes" specific to your story, just the generic rejection notice.

Unfortunately, AI rejections are becoming more and more common, and the site appears to be struggling to find a workable solution. Your frustration is understandable, but deleting your file is giving in too quickly, I think. The more people who fight for their own stories, the louder the noise to get a workable solution.
The editors notes were inserted by my own Word program. I didn’t know it did that and had to go in and turn it off.

The editors notes were inserted by my own Word program. I didn’t know it did that and had to go in and turn it off.
Yes, that's a problem too. Copy paste into the submission form sorts that one out - WYSIWYG - but doesn't solve your AI problem.

Persevere, is all you can do. Some folk have got their stories published by hanging in there, having the dialogue with Laurel.

Yes, that's a problem too. Copy paste into the submission form sorts that one out - WYSIWYG - but doesn't solve your AI problem.

Persevere, is all you can do. Some folk have got their stories published by hanging in there, having the dialogue with Laurel.
Thank you. I will continue to write. And have a dialogue with Laurel.

Fran_cd
How do you delete a story?

Fran_cd
Fran, I'd contact an editor. They can be really helpful, but they're busy, so it won't happen tomorrow.

Back