A fetish can have two different meanings?

CurtGiles46

Literotica Guru
I noticed something interesting about people who have the nudity fetish, there’s one group of people who view nudity as empowering, like you are forcing others to look at your private parts. However, there is a second nudity group who feels the opposite way, for them being nude for others feels submissive and even humiliating.

So a single fetish has two opposite psychological perspectives by the individuals who have it.

Are there other fetishes which have wide ranging meanings?

I noticed something interesting about people who have the nudity fetish, there’s one group of people who view nudity as empowering, like you are forcing others to look at your private parts. However, there is a second nudity group who feels the opposite way, for them being nude for others feels submissive and even humiliating.

So a single fetish has two opposite psychological perspectives by the individuals who have it.

Clothed Female Nude Male (CFNM) has numerous meanings. For me it is a gentle thing between two lovers where they both enjoy the woman taking the lead at times. Some see it as BDSM and/or Femdom. There are other aspects as well, like humiliation.

Candualism can mean several different, but drastically different things.

The mild form of it is that a husband likes showing his wife off. That might be in the form of his wife dressing very risqué as they go on a dinner date, or sharing pictures with guys at work, or even posting pictures on the internet. The latter two could be just provokingly dressed, or nude.

A more stronger side of candualism is where the husband has sex with his wife where he video tapes it and shows it to others, or has others watch as he has sex with her.

Note: Candualism is different from cuckolding in that he is NOT sharing his wife sexually.

At my encouragement my wife has dressed to attract and I have even had men tell me how much they would like to sleep with her

I guess you could say I dipped my toes into the world of public nudity in a small way. I have got acreage, so I have walked around it naked before, and for me it was not so much the humiliation of being nude if I was discovered, but the constant mind-switch from the thrill of thinking, "oh my gosh, I am miles from my clothes and naked out here", which was an erotic rush, to the more subdued satisfaction of just being out of my clothing in forest and field that just seemed so natural. In that, at points of time I was rock hard, and others, completely soft.

It is hard to describe, but upon seeing a low flying plane, or hearing hunters approach, or ATV's charging up trails in the distance, it was utter panic and eroticism. Yet at other times, without clothing, I was not soaked through due to the dew, and could sneak up on wildlife and observe them, and just feel rejuvenated with sun and wind on all parts of my skin. The time frame could be as short as a minute between feeling those extremes, or as long as half an hour.

For me it was that constant changing back and forth that I enjoyed.

Regarding 'nudism'.

The two 'meanings' I get for 'nudism' or 'being a nudist' from my chats in the Lit 'Nudist' chatroom, is that 'nudism' is:

1) a healthy lifestyle based on being proud of our bodies, which is otherwise very traditional, but it's also

2) a lifestyle that involves full-family incest, swinging with friends and neighbors and a fully sex-oriented life.

And I find that the people who say they are #1 are VERY offended if you ask if they are #2.

I guess you could say I dipped my toes into the world of public nudity in a small way. I have got acreage, so I have walked around it naked before, and for me it was not so much the humiliation of being nude if I was discovered, but the constant mind-switch from the thrill of thinking, "oh my gosh, I am miles from my clothes and naked out here", which was an erotic rush, to the more subdued satisfaction of just being out of my clothing in forest and field that just seemed so natural. In that, at points of time I was rock hard, and others, completely soft.

It is hard to describe, but upon seeing a low flying plane, or hearing hunters approach, or ATV's charging up trails in the distance, it was utter panic and eroticism. Yet at other times, without clothing, I was not soaked through due to the dew, and could sneak up on wildlife and observe them, and just feel rejuvenated with sun and wind on all parts of my skin. The time frame could be as short as a minute between feeling those extremes, or as long as half an hour.

For me it was that constant changing back and forth that I enjoyed.
Very similar. I’ve walked most of my property nude - it’s a 26 acre wooded lot. I have 5-6 neighbors that border our property so it’s always a little exciting to do things in the nude back there.

Last summer I had someone guiding me virtually thru a cam which was hot. And my wife also handcuffed me to our tractor and spanked me in the nude last summer as cars passed out barn. Altho it wasn’t 100% visible, if any he was looking out their windows, they could have witnessed it.

Just that thrill turns me on.

Getting back to the original question, for me, it’s much more of a submissive/humiliation thing than empowering.

I talk to my wife about going to a nude beach this morning, but she is lukewarm on the idea…

Candualism can mean several different, but drastically different things.

The mild form of it is that a husband likes showing his wife off. That might be in the form of his wife dressing very risqué as they go on a dinner date, or sharing pictures with guys at work, or even posting pictures on the internet. The latter two could be just provokingly dressed, or nude.

A more stronger side of candualism is where the husband has sex with his wife where he video tapes it and shows it to others, or has others watch as he has sex with her.

Note: Candualism is different from cuckolding in that he is NOT sharing his wife sexually.
So true. I am on the other side of this as I like my wife to exhibit me. We had a lot of fun with this over the years. I am into CFNM not cuckolding.

So true. I am on the other side of this as I like my wife to exhibit me. We had a lot of fun with this over the years. I am into CFNM not cuckolding.
This is the way it is with me and my girlfriend now. I am not sure how it happened, but from the very first date, in this odd turn of events, I ended up being naked for her first. Since then, it seems I am always naked first, and quite often.

It's not unusual for her to ask me to cook dinner for her naked, which I do, probably one or twice a week. Not that I mind, just different from my previous marriage where she dressed up for the attention of other men.

This is the way it is with me and my girlfriend now. I am not sure how it happened, but from the very first date, in this odd turn of events, I ended up being naked for her first. Since then, it seems I am always naked first, and quite often.

It's not unusual for her to ask me to cook dinner for her naked, which I do, probably one or twice a week. Not that I mind, just different from my previous marriage where she dressed up for the attention of other men.
Sounds like you two are off to a great start. I loved being naked for my wife whenever and where ever she wanted. I never refused her requests. We had some fun and interesting times.

Last edited:
Back