Primal Secrets

kly400

Bumpish.
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Posts
2,814
((Closed for astralkiss))

Nick entered class with the same look on his face as the day before: calm and unemotional. In short, a poker face. Pushing his glasses onto his nose fully, Nick smiled at the teacher before sitting down in the middle of the class. Running his hand through his short raven black hair, he looked around the room with his confident hazel eyes.

Wearing a white checkered dress shirt and baggy blue jeans, Nick leaned back in the frail wooden chair as he waited for class to start.

If you had asked Nick about the supernatural such as werewolves, he would have thought you were kidding, or worse, crazy. He had a tight reality on things at this time in his life; sure, five years ago he believed in them but never had any evidence. Being an 21 year old senior had that effect.

But his entire life would change from that moment the new TA walked in...​
 
Last edited:
Nick shot his attention to the loud crash and the flutter of papers at the podium. "She must be the new TA..." he said just above a whisper as he looked around. No one was paying attention to what had happened; with a sigh, he slid out of his desk and and headed for the podium.

"Are you all right?" he asked, hopping up onto the ledge and walking over. Nick the crouched down and began to help her pick up the papers.

"You must be the new TA, right?" he asked her curiously.
 
Nick smiled at Ariel as he helped her up, taking the papers in one hand and her and in the other. She had quite a slender hand, something he didn't expect.

"Ha, it's no problem." he said with a cheerful note in his voice as he walked back to his seat.

Shortly after, he was silently taking notes on Animal Communication. Each time he had finished a single note, he would be a dot right next to it when others would number their notes. It was one of his quirks, and quite of it to be unique.

With a short sigh, Nick cracked his neck and gathered his papers before standing up and grabbing his backpack. Walking to the podium, he approached the girl once again.

"The class looks interesting; I can't wait to start it." he said with a smile, his eyes blinking once as they showed genuine interest in the particular subject. "Name's Nick Johanson, Ariel." he told her, extending his hand.
 
Last edited:
His hand shaking hers, Nick immediately felt that he was putting a bit too much grip on her hand, and quickly released the pressure.

"The name is Ariel, but you can call me Ari, Mr. Johanson," she replied.

Bringing his hand back to his side, he looked at her. "Ah... Ari, then." he said, satisfied with learning her nickname.

"What's your major?" she asked, noticing a shy smile vanishing on her face as quickly as it appeared.

"English." Nick answered, looking at her eyes and noticed something different about them... but couldn't tell what it was on the tip of his tongue.
 
Last edited:
Daniel trailed her nervous eyes with his own as they rested at the middle of her eyes just before they settle on his.

"Well it was nice talking to you Nick...." she began to say, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit disappointed that she was about to leave.

Darn... he thought, wondering what he did wrong.

"Hey, I was heading to the food court at the Union, if you are heading that way I would be glad for company, I need some intelligent ears to bounce some ideas I had for this class off of. Don't worry, it won't be cheating or anything, just a chance for me to get feedback from someone actually paying attention...?" she asked, his ears tuning into her last word.

With a smile, he nodded as he hiked up his backpack, "Happy to help."
 
Daniel smiled as they walked across the grounds of the campus, his eyes glancing everywhere, but always ending up on Ariel.

"So....you look a bit young to be a senior, Nick. What's your story?" she asked politely, obviously hoping to get more out of him.

With a smile, he responded, "Well, I'm only 21. I'm not 18 or something." he said sheepishly, then laughed. "What about you?" he countered, not wanting to be put on the spot quite yet.
 
The male smiled as she was shocked, and sat down.

"Uh...what to tell. I was an undergrad majoring in English and French last year, and now I'm a graduate student in the English Language and Linguistics program. I know, how did I get this class? Well, since my program covers many departments, they throw you where you can," she said, regret detected in her tone.

With a laugh, Nick replied, "Well, if they hadn't, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of meeting you." he said, cracking his neck as he settled on her unique eyes once again. He wasn't one to lie about that type of stuff, and he wasn't starting now.
 
Nick smiled at her answer, "Really, Oklahoma? Michigan." he replied. Pushing up his glasses to his nose, he shifted in his seat.

"But Animal Communications, though? Since this is my first year taking it, I don't exactly know what it entails." he stated truthfully.
 
Nick's eyes snapped to her long dark hair, his pupils traveling along the golden streaks. Snapping out of his daze, he rested his arms against each other as he leaned forward, more interested just because of her mahogany hair.

"Well, I always thought that animals were, in a way, more constructed. I know, it sounds weird. It's like with wolves; they are almost always in a pack, looking out for each other."
he explained, a certain enthusiasm in the tone of his voice.​
 
Nick stuttered as she stood up suddenly, "Uh, wait. Ari..!" he tried to say. What did he say? Standing up, he grabbed his bag and rushed towards her. Luckily he was athletic, so he could catch up to her after a while.​
 
Noticing that she wasn't going to stop, he stepped in front of her, making them collided gently.

"Ari, what did I say? I didn't mean to offend you." he said gently, his eyes looking into hers, searching for forgiveness.​
 
Nick moved again to block her way. "You're lying. We still have a while. What did I say?" he called her on it, his eyes looking at hers intently for an answer. His hands then gently laid on her arms, not trying to make her uncomfortable but instead to trust him.​
 
Nick was just about to press for more information, but he figure that if it was bad enough to lie to him, he would forget about it.

"Oh, okay... Bye then, Ari..." he said, hurt as his eyes shifting away from her gaze as he walked past her, pulling his backpack up.​
 
Last edited:
Soon enough, Nick arrived at his next classroom, but his mind was entirely on Ari's flustered behavior. His held his hands in his head, thinking up ways to know why she was angry or shocked.​
 
Still distracted by the conversation, Nick arrived to his dorms and sat down. A little ping!! caught his attention. Sitting at the chair, he looked at email and saw it was from Ari.

"Hm?" he wondered, still worried about earlier. He didn't reply though, as he went to bed.​
 
Nick woke up as he sat in the chair, and typed three words as a reply:

I'll be there.

Nick stood up and got ready then left, heading over to the library in anticipation.​
 
Walking in, Nick felt the obvious air of tension as he saw Ari. Exhaling nervously, he walked behind her and gently touched her shoulder.

"Hey Ari." he quietly.​
 
"Um, all right." Nick said slowly as he sat down in front of her. Folding his hands softly, he nodded as he noticed that her eyes were a obviously a different color.

"Hey, your eyes..." he commented, leaning forward and gently moving her hair our of her eyes.

"They're different."
 
Nick cocked his head as he looked at Ari.

"Why? I love the color your eyes had before. They looked exotic." he commented truthfully, not knowing that he was flirting with her. Looking at her, he noticed their faces were closer than before, but didn't move.

"Um..." he began to say, his heart beginning to beat a little faster.​
 
As Nick saw Ariel blush brightly, he knew that he did something right. A smile would have appeared on his face if not for the fact that he was inches away from her.
Something told him it was unusual for something like that to happen to her.

Knowing that his warm, inviting breath seeped onto her lips, his first probable action would have been to touch her lips with his. He possibly would have, but due to the obvious fact that she was his TA, he decided not to. "I'll see... you in class." he whispered quietly, standing up abruptly like she did before and grabbed his backpack.

Cursing under quietly under his breath, Nick slowly started towards the door.
What the hell was I doing..? he thought, his hand accidentally brushing her bright pink cheek.
 
Nick stopped suddenly in mid-step, obviously feeling Ari's gentle hand close around his wrist. His eyes traveling back to meet hers, he turned around and locked her gaze with his own. His ears picking up the hint of longing in her voice, Nick realized that she wanted him as much as he wanted her.

"All right." he said quietly, walking back to sit down. Gulping silently, he stayed silent as he waited for her to speak.​
 
Exhaling gently, Nick watched as Ari's tongue glided over her lips, and Nick wanted nothing more than to taste her lips with his own. But that was absurd, so he retracted his body to lean against the chair.

"Well, I don't call that exactly 'in tune with things', but I guess you can say that." he said with a small laugh.
 
Last edited:
Nick was shocked by this question, though he quickly recovered as he nodded and smiled.

"Well, we have about an hour or two. So uh... we could go to my dorm..?" he said, and immediately regretted it. He didn't want her to think that Nick wanted to make a pass at her.​
 
Daniel smiled, secretly hiding a breath of relief. Thank god! he thought, nodding.

"Yes, it does. Want to go?" he asked politely, slowly standing up as he looked at her eyes once again, seemingly trapped inside them.​
 
Nick nodded swiftly as he walked past her and brushed his hand against hers for her to follow. Walking out of the library with her, he walked across the grounds without saying a word, as he didn't want to ruin anything.​
 
Back
Top