*'Sanctuary' for Us *

Henry
Yes...good. And now you're safe. You're mother is here. She will care for you and you're safe.

Henry repeated the word safe over a few times to try and let it sink in. He was worried about Isis a little.

He reached for her and let his hand fall on her shoulder in a sign of support.
 
Isis

One arm moved in her own way needing Henry close as well.

We are all fine... everyone is fine... they will get me information on Little cub and baby but we are fine...

She hugged both of them nuzzling against both purring softly trying to sooth and calm Lyda.

Lyda

She curled close to Isis and closed her eyes.

They will tell you mother or they will answer to us.

Lyda was slowly coming back to the present though she was calmer than when she first snapped out of it.
 
New City Hospital: Maternity Nursery Lounge
Nikola Tesla

"No, thank you. " he said for the hundredth time as more nurses buzzed about asking if he needed anything. He was busy keeping an eye on his daughter.
She had been given a good clean bill of health and the nurses now washed her up and gave her a fresh diapering and before he'd left her with them they'd been preparing a bottle with some formula since she didn't stop wailing after her bath-time and once clean and dry it became obvious she was upset for other reasons. Being a newborn, her tummy was the next likely culprit and there was not going to be time or opportunity to let her drink from her mother's milk for several more hours at the very least.

The pediatrician, Doctor Harvey, suggested to Nikola that, given how many more surgeries Ashley would require during her hospital stay, breast-feeding would be too stressful on her healing body and it would be a good idea to wean baby Nikole now and get her used to drinking baby formula. Nikola was not happy about this at first but the doctor went for the hard sell, really punctuating the sense that Nikola would look like a careless asshole if he kept pushing on the mother's milk issue, promising that if Nikole had already had some of Ashley's milk in her first few hours she'd already upped her immune system with those important hormones and was already well protected. Now, to aid in saving her mother's life, it would be best to leave Ashely's breasts to dry up and let the baby learn to drink formula from a bottle.

Nikola eventually relented and consented to let the nurses dote over the sweet little infant while he took a shower and shaved and changed his shirt. He returned to see her being fussy about it but hunger finally making his daughter try the bottle.

A small part of him sighed with relief at the realization that having made this decision meant he'd actually have more autonomy in her young life, being able to feed her now without the help of Ashley...
He was also proud to have made a second important parental decision. First, naming her. Now, deciding to let her become a formula baby. These are such small things and yet each felt enormous. It was small decision which would have big impacts on a person's life. He was a parent. This was his child. Her entire existence depended upon him and his ability to parent until Ashley would be around to challenge it. This notion of parenthood felt huge and awesome to Nikola suddenly. Such power!
 
Iris

Iris still had no idea what had really happened. She knew she was in a different world to Victorian London and she kept hearing this name ‘de Blythe’ and Helen had described him as a ‘madman’ for bringing her back. But she was grateful to have another shot at life and she longed for the old days when she and Helen had been so intimate.

Roger de Blythe

Realising the scale of the disaster had not just affected the Sanctuary project de Blythe soon switched to his ‘physician’ mode showing his ‘Alan Bailey’ pass he offered his services to the paramedics fighting to save the lives of ordinary people who had been out celebrating the New Year.

Directing proceedings on the ground he soon had the local rescue plan under his control as he separated the living from the dead and the critical from the walking wounded.

Later he helped establish a mobile operating table for the critical cases that could not be moved.

Ashley Magnus

“I want to see my baby!” Ashley said for the umpteenth time but the nurses continued to make excuses. “I need to feed her!”

“You don’t NEED to feed her” a bossy matron type nurse said as she prepared another injection. “Your husband has agreed to put her onto bottle feed.”

Ashley sat up in bed “That creep is NOT my husband!” she glared back “He took advantage of me one night, that’s all! I wouldn’t marry him if he were the last man alive!” Seeing the nurse taking no notice she said “My Mother is DOCTOR Helen Magnus! Let me see my and feed my baby NOW or I’ll see she uses her influence to get you fired.”

“O we are a spoilt little brat aren’t we?” the nurse said as she came forward with the injection. “Your mother has already agreed to allow us to do all that is necessary to save your life.”

“Then I’ll send for my aunt, Aunty Isis! Believe me you won’t want to piss her off!”

“We’ll worry about that when it happens” said the nurse as she just went ahead and injected her patient sending her into instant slumber.
 
Kate

Once everything was set up and the Sanctuary was dealt with for now till Magnus decided what would happen to the remains of the building. She humored Declan and let him do what he could to organize everything and everyone then walking with him over to Henry Isis and Lyda she looked to Henry.

I know that they have been helped by de Blythe but I thin we should get them over to the hospital... kinda keep everyone close together. What do you think Henry?
 
She was fed, was now warm and snug in new, fresh clothes and was sucking on her fist, staring up at her father with wide, curious eyes (Helen's eyes!) and he was most definitely in love, a love he'd never known before. He'd move mountains for this little girl, most definitely.

He was carrying her around the hospital, asking questions here and there, finding various wards containing various Sanctuary residents and personnel although he was looking for someone specific. He knew no one was allowed near Ashley Magnus for the time being because of her sensitive healing and surgeries still in progress so he went to his baby's next nearest relative ( the one he truly longed was his daughter's mother instead of her grandmother) and found the room where Helen Magnus was...or was supposed to be, only she wasn't there. He saw detached monitors and i.v. and ruffled bedsheets where she had once been but Helen Magnus had left this room cold.

He laughed, yes, of course, it wasn't like his Helen to lie around waiting for other people to take care of her. Cuddling the tiny bundle in his arms who sighed in her cherubic way he murmured to her, ''Ok, more wandering the halls for Nikole and her papa. Where is that naughty, hot, grammie of yours?'' He started to turn the corner when he saw the woman in question. "Ah, Helen! I was going to check on you but it seems you had gone AWOL."

Helen rolled her eyes at Nikola but then looked down at her granddaughter and her expression softened, a smile warming her features. "Oh, hello there, baby New Year! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes!" she said softly, taking the baby out of Tesla's arms and cradling her to her chest quite naturally as she turned from him and led him back to her room. "I promised Will I wouldn't go too far but I loathe hospital gowns so I was just changing into some clothes he brought for me. He's gone to check on Ashley's condition for me." she explained. ''Was it at all possible for you to bring the baby to her yet?''

Tesla shook his head. He wouldn't explain that he hadn't tried very hard. He simply answered, ''I was advised against it. I was told to let Ashley heal and in the meantime little Nikole is being put onto baby formula so we can feed her without interrupting Ashley's healing.''

Helen looked up at him dubiously. "I think Ashley will be saddened by this turn of events." she said, not questioning his parenting directly but knowing how personally Ashely would take it. "I think you need to step lightly with her when it comes to these things. Nikole is her baby too, Nikola. "

He shrugged, ''I'll try, but you know she's also my baby. I have rights.''

''I'm not saying you don't, Nikola. But, please, don't make this any harder on us than it needs to be.''

Sitting beside her on the bed he looked down at his daughter as she fell asleep in Helen's embrace. He smirked and looked up at the door when he heard footsteps, realizing they must've made quite the idyllic family portrait when Will came into the room, observing them.
 
Last edited:
Will
Will went to return to Helen with information about ashley, but she was gone. He started looking for her and found her with Nikola.
"Hey guys, Magnus, I found information about Ashley and she's doing fine. She's upstairs in critical but stable condition."
He looked to Nikola. "Hey Tesla."


Henry
He did a little research and made a decision. He pulled out a radio and radioed kate and said "I've been doing some thinking and I think that Isis and Lyda won't be good in a regular hospital. Just to be on the safe side. I know of a hospital that Magnus used before you showed up kate. I'm texting the information and location to you now. We'll grab a truck and all head out."
 
Tesla didn't even move a millimeter for propriety or Will's sake. He just continued to murmur in Serbian to his child, temptingly close to Helen's breast, his head almost cheek to cheek with her's as he looked down with her into the baby's face. "Ah, William. The binds of family ties...have you and Helen discussed these sorts of things? I mean, you're a young, virile man, right? Despite her significant age and experience everything on her seems to function normally enough, right? Did you think to ask if she can still have children? If she would ever consider bearing yours one day?"

Magnus turned her head and regarded Tesla with distaste, "Really, Nikola...You're such an idiot sometimes." she said.

"What? It's a simple question."

''...AND completely none of your business!'' she reminded him. "Nothing of my relationship with Will is or shall ever be any of your business." she was embarrassed a little bit for Will's sake. Of course they'd never discussed these things. In the past month they'd barely had time to say a simple ''hi'' and ''goodbye'' to one another, their relationship was on quicksand every day they put work ahead of themselves and yet they kept doing it...No, family had been MILES away from their thoughts. But it seemed now Tesla was determined to turn the issue into an elephant in the room. Something they'd have to address. She looked to Will with eyes full of apology for Tesla's words. "Will deserves to have whatever he wants out of life. I'll always consider his needs even...even if it means he's better off without me one day. But, for now, things are fine. We need not worry about children." she said, watching Will's eyes to gauge his own reaction to these things because she really had no clue if he was a family man type or not. She hoped this was the answer he needed to let him know there was no pressure or expectation, not right now, anyway.
 
Lyda

Hearing the words hospital she seemed to become on edge... tensing she did not like the sound of hospitals at all. She began looking around for an exit... an escape as she stood there with Henry and her mother. She started to edge slowly away from them. Hospitals to her meant more labs and test and such. She was not liking that Henry was talking about stuff like this and wanted to begin pulling her mother with her to protect her but knew that her mother seemed to trust these people and would probably not budge.

Isis

She nodded agreeing with Henry that the other hospital would be better than a normal mortal hospital. Her eyes caught Lyda out of the corner of her eye and she held her hand out for the radio.

Kate... Henry and I will take Declan with us to the hospital perhaps Lyda can remain here with you and help you till everything is settled and maybe we can bring the Dr back here that could help her. I think that might be best just make sure she stays with you.

Lyda looked to her mother calming nodding a little she could help Kate.

Kate

Kate could tell Isis was trying to tell her something without telling her something.

Yeah... I... I could use the help that would be great... I am over by Big guy and the others in the makeshift Sanctuary tent. I will send Declan to you and you send Lyda to me... Fair trade I think for now.
 
Will
As usual when Tesla said anything he just rolled his eyes and said "Really?"
But it was true. He wondered if she would or could even have kids...or his? That was funny...or was it. He loved Helen and wanted the relationship to work but this constant back and forth of work and problems...would she consider him for the rest of his life? He knew what that meant..she wouldn't age but he would. And their kids....would be some kind of halfbreed with her genetics wouldn't age either probably...He nodded when he saw helen's eyes and an apology in them,

Henry

Henry got things organized and got a van ready. He parked it and let everyone know where he was and waited. Big Guy eventually showed up and he used his tablet to prgram in the gps coordinates to the van with the underground hospital location. Magnus had used it a couple of times for creatures of sanctuary that were a little more shy and sensitive to social atmospheres. It was discreet.
 
Isis

She smiled to her daughter and as Big guy neared them she nodded to him in silent understanding that Lyda was still fighting her way mentally out of her regression and to watch over her.

Big Guy simply patted Isis shoulder nodding and placing a protective arm around Lyda's shoulders guided her back to Kate but not before looking at Declan intently to make sure he got in the van.

Isis knew what he was waiting for and placing a hand on Declan's shoulder she guided him into the van carefully getting in after he did. She glanced to Lyda then to Henry and smiled a little.

Lyda

Looking to Big guy she just nodded.

Kate does a great deal for everyone for only being mortal... Then again the one that holds her heart is mortal as well why do they not just accept feelings and advance in their interest in each other? Strange... humans fight against something so basic and simple but do all they can to move mountains for difficult things...

Kate

She sat there motioning to Lyda when they got back over to the tent holding out a glass of water for her she smiled to the girl... they were not too different beyond the fact that Lyda could turn into a cat.
 
Isis

Shaking her head no she snarled a little as the guitar strings were starting to not really be all that comfortable nor helpful any longer. She tried not to move her leg much as she sat there motioning for him to get going.

Declan

Henry is this the Abnormal that we had trained in London due to his affinity for medicine?

He took a look at Isis leg and did what he could to wrap it to try to buy them a little more time.

Either way we need to get Isis there quick
 
Henry

Henry got the van in gear and sped off into the night. He made good time as they made their way there.
"Ya Declan. He's really good at working on abnormals. He specialized in adbnormal medicine with the resources we gave him. He's almost as good as Magnus but with a more medical background."
 
Declan

Great... Hopefully he can send us back with supplies and finish the job that De Blythe did fixing Isis leg.

He looked to Isis who simply nodded her eyes staying on Henry... The animalistic side on edge about "losing" Henry and Lyda once to earths chaos.
 
Henry

Henry called ahead and told him they were coming and he opened the doors for them. He drove the van in and there were two gurnys waiting there.

Out came the doctor. He was a abnormal feline. He smiled when he saw Isis and Lyda. He purred and said "Don't worry we'll fix your two up in no time. Help me get them on the gurneys." Henry went ahead of everyone and helped Isis onto her table.
 
Isis

She tensed a little till she realized he was not of her feline breed. Calming some she nodded to the Dr as he helped her then Declan onto gurneys and got them both set up quickly into operating rooms.

Declan looked to him...

My leg is plain and simple broken take care of Isis and let us know if anything happens I have some medicine for her is she flips out on you.
 
The doctor raised an eyebrow at the term "flip out".
"No worries." He assessed her leg and the brought her into the medical bay and started removing the guitar strings from her leg and then replacing it with proper bandages and stitching. He administered a local anethsetic while he worked on her leg. Slowly but surely he worked on it.
 
Isis

You are not of the Mountain lands... Himalayas... Straight HEP or Proto HEP?

She was curious about this being and a tad distrusting as most of her people wanted her dead for her involvement with humans. She did her best to keep an eye on where Henry was at all times He was her sanity for now.
 
Gregory looked up at Raina, his hand shook on the controls of the machine he'd helped to invent so many years ago built for this very moment. He'd known since the day back in 1946 when he'd first met the kind beast known to mankind as Bigfoot and sent him to work as an outside operative for him, later, when the man had succumbed to temptation and gotten inside the fortress his daughter protected with her own life, Gregory had set this gentle giant upon a long term mission. It was his duty to always be on alert, ready to follow any orders Gregory gave, no matter how unusual, whenever he would decide it was time for action. Every few years there was an order given to Bigfoot from the highest link in the Sanctuary chain of command through a microchip in his aural processing portion of his brain. Literally, he was able to communicate with Bigfoot by being a voice in his head.

The first vocal secret mission came fifty years ago:
''Bring out a small, green, box from the hidden compartment beneath the sixth floorboard from the main entrance to my study out of hiding. Replace the floorboard. Take this box, without anyone seeing you do so, to Raymond Crowley at 23 Jamison Street at four-fifteen on the 23rd of April. Don't let anyone know of this mission. Tell no one about the box.''

Forty-five years ago:
''Take a taxi to this address, find an empty room behind a locked door on the third floor. Behind a false copy of Dante's 'Inferno' on the bookshelf there is a green button flush with the wall beyond. Press it. Replace the book, leave the building. Never return. Tell no one.''

Thirty-nine years ago:
''There's a package coming to 274 River Street in New City for a Mister Bergen. That is you today. Retrieve this package. Do not open it. Bring it back to The Sanctuary and hide it in the lowest level of the wine cellar. Tell no one it's there.''

Always, the voice introduced itself unceremoniously, "Hello, Old Friend. This is Gregory Magnus. I have another secret mission for you..."

He sat now in his laboratory hundreds of feet below ground, a special guest in a secret world within the world at large which revolved ever in ignorant bliss of the Abnormals all around them, among them, and even his dear daughter would be shocked to find out about the billions of Abnormals living in a society of people more advanced than she could ever dream right below her pretty little feet...He couldn't tell her, no, the time had never been right. And, there had been Raina to consider as well, the new leader of Praxis, the place Gregory once called Paradise which had in recent years become his prison...Raina, a friend and foe all in one...She'd learned of his plans and had pushed his hand. Making him finalize the last move of his carefully plotted situation far sooner than he had ever wanted. New Year's, Midnight, yes, but he was waiting for 2015. It seemed now the Revolution would begin in 2012 instead. She held his life and the lives of so many he cared for in her hands and told him in no uncertain terms he'd push that button and change the course of history forever.
So, he'd done it.
No going back now.

His beautiful Sanctuary, his home and work, his daughter's home and work, were now destroyed by a false earthquake created by a machine of his own making, controlled by his own hands...He hoped against all hope she would survive this and live to find out the truth about what was happening down below...
 
Lyda

A soothing voice slipping into her mind talking longer and more... personal and family than before. Her eyes quickly snapped to Worth... No... it was not him... this was... Grandfather...

~I need you to listen to me kiddo... You are with family... and a most trusted ally of mine... You need to trust them... all of them... all of your family and those that work for your Aunt Helen... You are safe... no more tests from Dr Abbyn... no more Adam Worth manipulating you... You have to let the rest of your mind wake up from the darkness. Big Guy... He can help you with the machines you can't fully figure out... So can Helen... Your mother's mind will be fine... Declan had a little help in healing her... De Blythe may still be a problem but he is useful for now... please help your mother understand that... Isis has been through alot... unfortunately some of that was my fault... acting in what I thought was best interest of everyone. I see so much of your father and mother in you... you can help them all. Just be careful with the attitude with fangs... Matters seldom change him for long. Close your eyes now and rest letting the rest of the nightmare leave your mind. You're safe now... Rest

Lyda studied Big Guy for a little before doing as Grandfather suggested and closed her eyes whispering...

Grandfather...

A simple message once the link to Lyda closed slipped into the mind of the most trusted "spy" Big Guy

Lyda can help with what is coming and what has to be... Help her... When she lets everyone else into Abbyn's old lab... Get the 2 red stones from the DeathSpeaker in the wildlands... She will give them only to you.
 
Henry

THe doctor looked to Isis and nodded. "No Im' not a Mountain Dweller. I'm just a staight average Feline. I don't change at all. "He spoke with a bit of a cornish accent. "There we go. All done. Your leg will need a lot of rest. But you'll be fine. I apologize i forgot to introduce myself. My name is Artair. Feline doctor of the Sanctuary World." He nodded and bowed back to clean himself up.
 
Isis

Nodding she looked to the feline then Declan.

Dr Magnus British Sanctuary associate Declan now requires attention and if he argues with you about it I will knock him out for you.

Her steel eyed stare to Declan sealed her point as he sat down quickly and the laid back on the gurney. Declan looked to his old friend and laughed.

Don't know if you have ever met Magnus sister Isis old friend but trust me its far more insane to piss her off than Helen.
 
Artair looked at Declan. "I've heard of you sir. One of your assistants and I met in the British Sanctuary." He went to his leg and started to get ready to set it and get it casted. "Mr.Declan, this may sting a bit. I have to give you a strong anestheitc but the pain will come from the bone being placed back."
"3,2..." Artair set his leg and then prepped the cast.
 
Declan

He growled a bit as the bone was reset. Hand gripping the railing of the gurney as he took a deep inhale awaiting anything to kick in.

Isis

Dr. Is shifting... possible... or am I stuck in this form till my leg heals?

Isis waited till he was done with Declan to ask but she had to know... if she had to do anything to protect any of them she might need to shift and it was vital that she know.
 
Back
Top