Sanctuary for Us - Out of Character Discussion

slippedhalo

author, medium, witch
OOC: Alright gang, it's time for some major plot developments. I suspect no one wants to be the one to do the big decision making without consent of the rest. Next week tuesday I will try to set up an OOC thread and we can discuss where we would like the plot to go, character developments or changes, and any other concerns or ideas we may have so we can get this baby up and running properly again.

You all know I am willing to take on extra characters if I need to but we're limping along painfully now without writers for Will, Henry, Druitt, and I am only willing to take on Tesla full time if no better writer other than BehaviorMod or myself comes along to do it...This means we also need some heavy recruitment.

Let's take this week to think about how we can better this wonderful start to a really fun thread and we'll have an OOC ''meeting'' about it next week.

Love to you all, have a wonderful week! Don't give up on Sanctuary yet!!!

It's D-Day. We have a new character and Bi-Smiley also offered to take on the part of Druitt to help us out a bit.

I think we should go in the direction of a cloning sort of situation with Ashley only someone (Tesla or deBlythe) gets the bright idea to try cloning Helen as well. Perhaps the Melaven personality jumps into the Helen clone instead of the Ashley clone and I think the original Ashley body would perish for some reason (perhaps the Melaven personality was all that was holding the bits left of her together) leaving only her own clone to survive, without any of the previous life experience of either woman, a sort of Ashley blank slate, so to speak.

The Melaven personality in the Helen Magnus clone would, in essence, create a yin the Helen's yang, a much darker personality but with Helen's looks...interesting. I suspect both Tesla AND de Blythe would find the 'darker' clone exciting and attractive. Meanwhile, Will and Druitt would be in fierce competition for the affections of the real Helen.

I think we need to come up with something more interesting and group-encompassing for Isis to sink her teeth into and I think maybe she needs to get more involved with the plot including the new guy than the salizar hound thing. (Just my humble opinion) Because, no one seems to really know what to do with a bunch of demon dog thingys. This would give Isis, Henry, and Declan more to do.

Kate needs a love interest, will it be Declan? Will the new character try sinking his teeth into her?

And, yes....We need MORE WRITERS!

So, any complaints, concerns, ideas?

My word isn't always law so if I have suggested something just now that you don't think will work please debate it here with me and we'll come up with something we can all work with. I really want this thread to work and have mileage. I also want you all to have fun with it.

I have absolutely no problem working on the idea I have been running on alone if I need too till it works itself out. Brought a character and an idea to the table that has only remotely seemed to fit in so no worries on my typing it out to its conclusion on my own.

In storyline ya don't want Ashley having human blood... there are three creatures she could feed from beyond Helen's usual everything and everyone can be saved. Just an idea. Beyond that I have tried having Isis involved with the Ashley Melevan storyline.

Kate can barely handle feelings for Declan is tossing in someone else falling for her a good idea *lol* cost her whats left of her sanity... *lol*

I have absolutely no problem working on the idea I have been running on alone if I need too till it works itself out. Brought a character and an idea to the table that has only remotely seemed to fit in so no worries on my typing it out to its conclusion on my own.

In storyline ya don't want Ashley having human blood... there are three creatures she could feed from beyond Helen's usual everything and everyone can be saved. Just an idea. Beyond that I have tried having Isis involved with the Ashley Melevan storyline.

Kate can barely handle feelings for Declan is tossing in someone else falling for her a good idea *lol* cost her whats left of her sanity... *lol*

Well, it was just an idea. You know how I love urequited love, love triangles and sexual tension. ;)

Well I'll introduce myself

HI I'm smiley:D

That was over sooner than I'd like but anyway here's the info I've compiled on my character hope it helps you visualize him a little better and doesn't bore you all to death

Name:Astaroth
Origin: Babylonia , born 1866 B.C.
Sex:Male
Height:7’2”
Weight:440lbs (higher bone and muscle density than humans)
Eye color: Golden w/reptillian slits
Hair color/Style:pale blonde tied into a 3’ leather bound braid
Abnormality:Reptillian shape shifter, able to generate and conceal his wings with a total span of approx 24ft, but his mobility is severely hampered when concealing these wings leaving his upper body stiff.
Among his other concealable features are retractable claws and fangs his hair hides short spiralled horns. Six inches long each, a barbed prehensile tail
He is unable to have a 100% human appearance his body is riddled with dark grey and black patterned scales outlining his jaw hooking to the back of his neck flaring out across his back and under his arms across his ribs, a thick ridge running down his spine and flaring out again to curl around his hips and the inside of his thighs.
Has similar snake like senses, and organs including a venom gland filled with paralyzing nerve agent as opposed to a lethal neuro-toxin and fangs, as well as the ability to track body heat since his eyesight is rather poor especially in low light and close up but excellent in daylight and at range at night he doesn‘t rely on his sight at all.
Has another unique reptillian trait in regenerating flesh even loss of limb, but his major weakness like all reptiles is the cold, putting him into a coma like state.
Very Strong but not very fast on foot.
Personality:Cold, defensive, honest, hard to get close to.
History: A vampire experiment rooted in ancient Babylon in the time of Wise King Solomon, Astaroth was once a proud warrior, he was chosen by Solomon for this reason.
He became a dragon like creature and had propagated such legends throughout the history, a dragon in one culture a demon in another.
Made his home in the hanging Gardens of Babylon until they were destroyed, becoming a vagrant after that nations fall, but disappearing sometime during the dark ages.
Has had a sordid history not bending his code regardless of the culture surrounding him, earning him the title of demon.
Known as one of the Lesser Keys of Solomon, rumoured to be an ancient vampire scientist who consistently created new abnormals with his own blood as the catalyst whilst splicing other genetic material into the mix resulting in creatures like Astaroth and worse.
Pic refs:
Scales >>>http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/...iwan-beauty-snake-melbourne-zoo-australia.jpg
Human form Approx>>>http://images.wikia.com/suikoden/images/0/00/S3-yuber.jpg
Revealed>>>http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/202/1/c/1cbe3c6bbf98222b9060490082d45e4c.jpg

Beyond that I'm on my way with Druitt to scare the shit out of Will and get into a fight with Tesla

Feel free to make comments on Astaroth since he hasn't shown up yet I can still make necessary changes if needed

Last edited:
Just a very brief note while I have access to a PC. I want to thank you all for being so patient and understanding with me. Mum's funeral is Tuesday and after that I have to return to my lodgings. I won't be able to contribute much until then.

If anyone needs to move on with de Blythe, Ashley / Melaven then please do so.

But I am so touched by the Lit people who have tried to help me. Especially my Sister Slipped Halo.

YL :rose:

Hello my Sanctuary writer friends, I have been away, I've moved, I'm back in Canada only to come back to a death in the family. But I've come back from that and now, with some help, would like to take over Henry and Will if that's alright. =)
Hope everyone has been enjoying september. I havn't really but hey, with change in life, there are new things to see.

Oh sis, I am praying for you during this difficult time, you know that and you know to call me if you need me.

Achangel, YES!,yes,yes,yes OHGODYES! WE NEED YOU! Thank you for rejoining us. You'll find you've only missed about a day in Sanctuary universe. ;)

Nothing like an OOC thread to bring people together:heart:(I mean it goes up and boom! more people)

but in all seriousness, My sincerest Condolences to YoungLisa:rose:

With all this history and camaraderie I feel kinda like a third wheel here so feel free to go easy on the new guy.

I had some fun ideas I'd like to share if that's not too forward of me.

I'm still absorbing alot of the old posts so I'm not too solid on all the goings on and character development so I'm going to avoid making suggestions for the current crisis, but I do like Slippedhalo's Dark Magnus idea:D(better for me to sit back a 'little' bit and just plan ahead)

I'm just figuring out how to weave this oddity into the sanctuary rather than just drop him there and say 'hi'

I'm kinda flexible on the general intro so these are just my ramblings, and I'm writing them down so I can comeback and remember this when I get to the point, and to get some feed back on what works what wont ect...

So what I'd like to see when my character shows up is a kinda dust-up between him and the Sanctuary team, after the Museum folk wake this monster. Normally he's your typical eye-for-an-eye kinda beasty, fairly reasonable up until someone starts swinging or shooting, aka very frightened police or security guards, after the news starts to spread somebody would have to step in before the police force gets themselve killed or kill the abnormal holed up in the museum.
I wouldn't send Tesla though, he absolutely HATES vampires so he may try to rip Tesla's arms off and beat him to death with them, should be an interesting interaction though.

This may end him up in one of the Sanctuary's holding cells after they figure out how to drop him, the fight leaving a general misunderstanding between them all, Helen's the type to calmly figure out why this new critter went off on them and what he is,(if thats ok with you Slippedhalo) this little discovery could interest Tesla as well considering Astaroth is a unique abnormal born of vampire experimentation, Druitt would've simply tried to kill him or at least enjoy the challenge, not sure how much Isis would enjoy a fight but how often does one get to throw down with a 4000 year old Babylonian dragon:D

I was thinking he wouldn't speak a lick of english, at first but being as old as he is I figure he's a fast learner, or maybe Magnus or one of the other brilliant minds would discover what language he was cursing them with, Celtic maybe a little bit of Gaelic(his favorite ancient languages), not too mention he's been sealed up in a sarcophagus for a few hundred years, so again he'll be at a loss when it comes to the modern world tech ect... so all in all should be fun.

As per the romantic side of plotting, I dunno deal with it when we come to it.

if anyone has ideas I'd LOVE to discuss them

lol, I love the idea of him not speaking English or being familiar with technology ect. at first.

Magnus would be one of the first to figure him out. I think, perhaps Declan should notice the use of Celtic and Gaelic languages and that sets him and Magnus on a research frenzy. Once most of the hard work is done Tesla would exhibit some interest but perhaps keep his distance for a while after the initial fight the whole Sanctuary crew had to go through just to get him to holding. Perhaps he saw (or felt) some of that hatred of vampire kind in him as he passed through on his way to his holding cell and it was enough to keep Tesla at bay for quite a while. But, eventually, yes, his curiosity would get the better of him in regards to the new fellow in the house.

lol, I love the idea of him not speaking English or being familiar with technology ect. at first.

Magnus would be one of the first to figure him out. I think, perhaps Declan should notice the use of Celtic and Gaelic languages and that sets him and Magnus on a research frenzy. Once most of the hard work is done Tesla would exhibit some interest but perhaps keep his distance for a while after the initial fight the whole Sanctuary crew had to go through just to get him to holding. Perhaps he saw (or felt) some of that hatred of vampire kind in him as he passed through on his way to his holding cell and it was enough to keep Tesla at bay for quite a while. But, eventually, yes, his curiosity would get the better of him in regards to the new fellow in the house.

Sounds like a good plan of action

Yeah I can picture Astaroth being all calm sitting in his cell cross legged, then Tesla goes to visit Astaroth gets up walks over to the glass infront of Nikola then Astaroth hits the glass without warning, and hard enough to fracture it right where Nikola's face was (And considering what the breaking point would be knowing its meant to hold some nasty critters, that might deter even a vampire from getting too close:))

Interesting Ideas. Idea of Isis fighting is a good one. Gaelic or celtic languages would be ideal. Nice creativity!

I can't wait until Druitt returns to bother Tesla. Now, how will he find out that Tesla fucked Ashley? Is it going to be a slip up of Henry's? Declans? Kate? I can hardly wait, the suspense is painful...deliciously so...

I edited my last post about three times now so it can be as all encompassing as possible and give others a good point to move from. I can't seem to find, Magnus, though, is she still by Ashley's bedside? Ashley will be more alert soon after her own meal. Young Lisa may be out of commission for a few more days so anyone who'd like to write Ashley/Melaven opposite me for one scene has careful permission. Just be gentle with her and don't leave her worse off than you found her and we should all be fine for when Lisa returns.
Takers?

I can't wait until Druitt returns to bother Tesla. Now, how will he find out that Tesla fucked Ashley? Is it going to be a slip up of Henry's? Declans? Kate? I can hardly wait, the suspense is painful...deliciously so...

Oh sorry that my cue I guess:D

I could actually see Melevan telling Druitt what his "friend" did to his little girl

I could actually see Melevan telling Druitt what his "friend" did to his little girl

Thats actually kind of wicked
In a twisted way is 'straight from the horses mouth' so to speak I'd agree with that means we wait for YoungLisa, I'm willing to be patient if that's what everyone agrees is better for the plot:D

*lol* WOuld be entertaining as then Isis would have to point out to John that Tesla is helping De Blythe to help Ashley and he can't kill him... yet.

Sounds good guys, shall we wait for Lisa or would you like me to try writing up a post for Melaven later this week?

I know she'd understand if we used her characters for one scene anyway as long as we relinquish them back to her when she returns. So, I leave ti up to you all to decide what you would like best.

I'll go send Druitt to check on his darling daughter, whether you wait or post is up to your best discretion

There we go. I hope that was very Lisa-esque.
It was damn fun to be evil ;)

Isis will be standing by for preventing Druitt from tearing Tesla apart *lol*

Back