Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the hardest time with 50, due to some personal stresses at the time...60 came up kinda easy...now I just want to enjoy life and not project too much into the future.

To me regardless of the year a birthday is just another day of the week. Many people call me odd for thinking that way but ever since I was a kid birthdays were never a big deal to me. Other people make it a big deal but for me its just another day of the week.

I, too, feel this way about birthdays. I do enjoy trying a new or special restaurant I might not normally go to on that day but that's the extent of any celebration.
However, I do find myself fretting about turning 60 in a couple of months for some reason.

At 50 I think I needed to prove that I was still a tough guy. I have surrendered though.

birthdays have never bothered me, but at 59, the next one is bugging me quite a bit, cant seem to shake it

I, too, feel this way about birthdays. I do enjoy trying a new or special restaurant I might not normally go to on that day but that's the extent of any celebration.
However, I do find myself fretting about turning 60 in a couple of months for some reason.

birthdays have never bothered me, but at 59, the next one is bugging me quite a bit, cant seem to shake it

Sympathetic but poking fun after reading your profile:

You have "fixing old junk" as a hobby.

You do know they have pills to fix old junk?
😉😔😹

Made it my first day & trip out of the sling and house.
I didn't do anything hard but between driving, a small grocery run and an acupuncture appointment....
I am wiped out. this getting old isn't for sissies!!! :cool:

at what age did we start talking about our aches, pains, and medication when we are together? I bumped into friends the other day that I havent seen in over 10 years and within seconds we started talking about aches & pains. I even said something about that.

I don't know is as I don't have many aches or pains. Next month I will be 54. No routine meds and no aches worth complaining about. I feel very blessed

Got health now all I need is a feller :)

I don't know is as I don't have many aches or pains. Next month I will be 54. No routine meds and no aches worth complaining about. I feel very blessed

Got health now all I need is a feller :)

You should be VERY blessed. You my friend is a rarity.

Is 58 old.

Hey, pretty new to Lit. I'm 58 from Iowa where it was a balmy 76 degrees today. I live in a Big Ten college town. I think I'll take the dog for a walk and look at pretty girls!

at what age did we start talking about our aches, pains, and medication when we are together? I bumped into friends the other day that I havent seen in over 10 years and within seconds we started talking about aches & pains. I even said something about that.

40..yep that's when we tend to make sounds getting up from chairs then the GP's want a piece of you when you get to 45...they say it's for your own good. Was essentially told off for not having a full medical once I got to 45. Now on pills and doing blood tests at 55 apparently for my own good. And what's with the hair in the ears?

Afternoon all,

We finally have turned off the humidity here in Melbourne and things are on the cooler side. Leaves are falling except for our native trees. Easy way to tell the imports.

New couch arrived last week and it's so damn comfortable. First couch I've had to plug in. Not happy that the power board failed the day before it arrived. Hard to find a power board with the cord on the same axis as the pins, most are 90 degrees to the pins which makes for an issue if you have a power plug on the skirting board.

My knee is appreciating the electric foot rests also sitting a lot higher than the old couch. Still have the old couch, served me well for 23yrs, lasted longer than some marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back