Real Talk - No pretend hangout allowed

Fantasies_only

Literotica Guru
This space is a hangout thread, but only if you chat as if you are on an Internet forum, not in a hotel, motel, inn, club, apartment, flat, or love shack.

Get to know one another better, talk about things not listed on this site, or discuss aspects of your SRP (or ORP).

Last edited:
Hello,
I thought I'd drop in to say hi. It seems a bit odd to me to not write in character. I personally think that my character is very much who I am as a person, especially in terms of action and reaction... besides several of the entrances and exits people make in the lounges add character, if we we're writing, I suppose the only limit is our imagination.

(and now I feel a bit silly because I think I'm just rambling)

Hello,
I thought I'd drop in to say hi. It seems a bit odd to me to not write in character. I personally think that my character is very much who I am as a person, especially in terms of action and reaction... besides several of the entrances and exits people make in the lounges add character, if we we're writing, I suppose the only limit is our imagination.

(and now I feel a bit silly because I think I'm just rambling)
No need to feel silly.
I think fictional characters are great in the appropriate forum, but the description to this forum never once said to make off topic discussions in a fictional environment.

The people who say "I'm not encouraging this behavior," is full of it.
The thread starter is giving an opening for fiction.
For instance "drop by the jacuzzi", "grab a glass of champagne", etc., but I digress.

I'm the one who's ranting now.

"This is a place for social circles and story discussions."

Is it such a bad thing to imagine a place where we'd like to hang out? Lit is a place where we get away from RL. (at least for many I know) If our "hang out" area is only defined by the words we write and the imagination in our heads, who's to say we can't make it as fantastic and relaxing as possible?

The point of something like this is to unwind and talk to people, and maybe burn off that extra bit of sexual energy by finding an almost anonymous person to play with... No where did it say that we couldn't write in a fictional environment.... Besides 'social circles' can talk about whatever they want, who's to say if it's off topic or not?

Is it such a bad thing to imagine a place where we'd like to hang out? Lit is a place where we get away from RL. (at least for many I know) If our "hang out" area is only defined by the words we write and the imagination in our heads, who's to say we can't make it as fantastic and relaxing as possible?

I may be presuming too far on fantasies_only's proposition, but it seems to me (s)he's working from the idea that the Lit SRP forum is already choked with such places. At what point does the idea of a fantasy hangout become trite simply by the nature of its premise? If one DOES see the vehicle of let's-play-pretend as overused, a thread where the writers conduct themselves merely as writers (rather than "characters" or "avatars") can be refreshing simply by its lack of affect.

Back