Distance Domination-Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for jet lag, speaking as someone who flies transatlantic frequently: lots and lots of water is one of the main keys. The other is to force yourself to keep local hours from the beginning, no matter how much your body protests or how tired you are. If you're busy with other stuff, it won't be so bad. Going east tends to be worse for me (I'm not a morning person to begin with) than coming back to the U.S. from Europe.

:) That would be because flying west lengthens your day, and the body's natural circadian rhythm is about 25 or so hours... going west makes it happy, whereas going east shortens your day and disrupts you more.

:) That would be because flying west lengthens your day, and the body's natural circadian rhythm is about 25 or so hours... going west makes it happy, whereas going east shortens your day and disrupts you more.

And I'm not a morning person in any time zone. Coming back west means it feels like I'm sleeping in (which is AWESOME) but still get up early enough to get things done.

And my little random blurt for the day: Middle-of-the-day phone calls to assure me that my point is valid and I'm not crazy make me oh so happy. Sometimes it's really hard for me to be completely honest or open about things that don't work for me or about little needs I have, but this was validation that when I can express what I need, I'll get it. Yay!

See I'm wierd. I adjusted to Dublin time very easily, pretty much no effort at all. But then I kind of live off of Dublin time anyway, just my sun sets differently. *giggles*

That's why I like living in EST, but kind of being more closely tuned to CST. Love that extra hour! :D

I :heart: voice mail. When I get to missing him I can pop on my voice mail and hear 2 minutes of his voice. :cathappy:

But my vm deletes it every 3 months. :(

I am in a fantastic mood/state of mind at the moment.

I just got off the phone with Sir, and we finally made definite plans to see one another. I am excited/nervous/slightly terrified, and all I can do is grin from ear to ear! I can't wait until that day comes.

Thought this thread was the best place to share my happiness.

ee! :D

Really happy for you!! hope your visit goes well!

I'm missing Sir alot atm, we dont have another visit planned :(

Last edited:
Hello all
i'm a sub living in N.Z. my Dom is in America and we are embarking on a long distance D/s relationship.

i am finding that the time differences are difficult so it is lovely to see a thread here offering support and advice to many of us who are on common ground.

Slightly envious of those of You who are about to / have made the trips to take Your relationships further!

:rose:

Hey how are the visit plans coming on hon.....you still aiming for October?:rose:

So far it's all on track. I'm looking to book my flight next month, God willing. I've found a few apts that let by the week right there in the heart of Dublin city center so I'm hoping to snag one of those. They really aren't that expencive considering they are in the city center. And we both think it would be a bit more convenient. Not to mention I could cook insted of having to dine out all of the time, and with as often as I have to eat that adds up to a lot of savings!

I am in a fantastic mood/state of mind at the moment.

I just got off the phone with Sir, and we finally made definite plans to see one another. I am excited/nervous/slightly terrified, and all I can do is grin from ear to ear! I can't wait until that day comes.

Thought this thread was the best place to share my happiness.

ee! :D

*giggles* I still get all butterflies when I think about our plans, but that first trip, I was glowing for about a month before I ever stepped on the plane. :eek:

Really happy for you!! hope your visit goes well!

I'm missing Sir alot atm, we dont have another visit planned until March, although will try to get together in Feb time allowing, just seems so far off :(

I know what you mean. Last year seemed to fly by, this year is dragging on. But then I guess I need the time to save money as this is going to be a fairly expencive visit. But October is so far away!

Hello all
i'm a sub living in N.Z. my Dom is in America and we are embarking on a long distance D/s relationship.

i am finding that the time differences are difficult so it is lovely to see a thread here offering support and advice to many of us who are on common ground.

Slightly envious of those of You who are about to / have made the trips to take Your relationships further!

:rose:

Welcome. :)

Time differences are a pain, and working out time to spend together mixed in with obligations and THEN the time difference, it really can be difficult. But if it's something you really want, then there's always ways to work it out.

Unfortunately for me, I can only engage in distance relationships since my current living situation doesn't allow me to be very free, to do a lot of things. Which is also a good thing because the distance means that I can eventually travel and move away if necessary.

So much is going on in my life...very exciting things. I think we have found the secret to adding a 3rd which won't generate jealously and will instead be an amazing experience for all of us. We are taking it slow and keeping all lines of communication open and honest.

And I am just whispering this because it seems too good to be true and I won't believe it until it actually occurs but Daddy and I are getting together for a quick, spur of the moment 24 hours..soon very soon...<<happy dance>>

So much is going on in my life...very exciting things. I think we have found the secret to adding a 3rd which won't generate jealously and will instead be an amazing experience for all of us. We are taking it slow and keeping all lines of communication open and honest.

And I am just whispering this because it seems too good to be true and I won't believe it until it actually occurs but Daddy and I are getting together for a quick, spur of the moment 24 hours..soon very soon...<<happy dance>>

Congrats. :)

I don't think we could go back to having seperate relationships, and I don't think a third would work for us. We're just too selfish when it comes to the attention and time we get from the other. :eek: But I do remember some fun times. I hope it works for you all, and enjoy every moment of it as long as it does. :)

I recieved my 4th quarter bonus check today. So now I need to decide if I want to book my flight, or if I should buy some more euro, or if I should try to hang onto it. I'm usually pretty good at saving money, but lately I've been collecting material while it's cheap. Besides that, having a plane ticket would make it feel more final, and having euro would make it harder for me to spend.

But I promised not to make a move until I talked to him, so I'm hoping I won't chicken out of asking him tomorrow durring our traditional saturday phone time. :eek:

lol I never would have thought of that. But I'm not sure how I can record it and get good quality. hmmm....something to think about.

You can contact your cell phone provider. They'll do it for you. Usually free of charge.

Or, if you have any type of decent phone, there's a voice recorder on it. You can put your phone on speaker, play the message, and set the voice recorder. Now you have a digital recording of the message. The quality won't be as good, but it will do.

You can contact your cell phone provider. They'll do it for you. Usually free of charge.

Or, if you have any type of decent phone, there's a voice recorder on it. You can put your phone on speaker, play the message, and set the voice recorder. Now you have a digital recording of the message. The quality won't be as good, but it will do.

my phone won't multitask like that.

But thanks for the tips. :)

Or, if your phone won't record while playing the message, you can use your computer, too. Play the message on speaker phone and have your computer record it. If you have any kind of smart phone, you should probably also be able to plug it into your computer and download the message. Supposedly I can do that with my phone, but I haven't figured it out (nor had the need to, frankly) yet.

Or, if your phone won't record while playing the message, you can use your computer, too. Play the message on speaker phone and have your computer record it. If you have any kind of smart phone, you should probably also be able to plug it into your computer and download the message. Supposedly I can do that with my phone, but I haven't figured it out (nor had the need to, frankly) yet.

Yeah, if you happen to have a Nokia, you can download Nokia PC Suite and you can back up everything, messages, contacts, pics, the works, to your pc.

:)

Other brands, I can't help you with.

I have a motorolla and it's a fairly basic phone. But VM isn't stored on it. I wish there was a way (that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg) for him to leave me a message on the vontage phone. Those VMs go right to my email.

Oh well, I he'll just have to keep ringing and leaving me more for now. :cathappy:

I have a motorolla and it's a fairly basic phone. But VM isn't stored on it. I wish there was a way (that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg) for him to leave me a message on the vontage phone. Those VMs go right to my email.

Oh well, I he'll just have to keep ringing and leaving me more for now. :cathappy:

Hehe, I think that's the best option! :D

I wish I had a voice mail to listen to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back