Is submission best left to the imagination?

So I've fantasized about being dominated by a woman sexually my whole life, ever since puberty. I've never tried to get a woman to dominate me in real life, but once I sent some money to an online financial dominatrix. Leading up to sending the money, I had all these hot fantasies about being dominated by her, what would she do? Etc. But after I sent the money and told her I wanted to be dominated, I was suddenly repulsed by the whole idea of it. I mean, what could she really do online? I didn't want someone sending me instructions, etc. The whole idea just seemed appalling suddenly. I wanted all kinds of domination in my mind, where I was safe from actually being bothered by real instructions in real life. But actually having someone give me "tasks" or whatever was a total turn off. Can anyone here relate? Has anyone here had a similar feeling or experience?

So I've fantasized about being dominated by a woman sexually my whole life, ever since puberty. I've never tried to get a woman to dominate me in real life, but once I sent some money to an online financial dominatrix. Leading up to sending the money, I had all these hot fantasies about being dominated by her, what would she do? Etc. But after I sent the money and told her I wanted to be dominated, I was suddenly repulsed by the whole idea of it. I mean, what could she really do online? I didn't want someone sending me instructions, etc. The whole idea just seemed appalling suddenly. I wanted all kinds of domination in my mind, where I was safe from actually being bothered by real instructions in real life. But actually having someone give me "tasks" or whatever was a total turn off. Can anyone here relate? Has anyone here had a similar feeling or experience?

For some, a fantasy is better left a fantasy.

I find it very erotic. My wife is my domme. She was always a strong woman but after I retired from the service the dynamics of our relationship changed. It’s cheaper than a shrink and more enjoying.

For some, a fantasy is better left a fantasy.

I find it very erotic. My wife is my domme. She was always a strong woman but after I retired from the service the dynamics of our relationship changed. It’s cheaper than a shrink and more enjoying.
I think for me, the problem was that it was an online experience. Things would probably be a lot more fun in person. :)

Maybe you just meet to find a real woman. And submit to her a little bit at a time. And let the fantasy go.
Would that be the ideal?
I think you've got the right idea. I think trying to be submissive to someone online would just be annoying, but if you meet someone in person, things could be exciting in real life.

Fantasies are perfect, real life isn’t. If you’re into real submission, find someone to devote yourself to. Having a list of things you want to have happen to you isn’t submission, it’s called topping from the bottom.instead, try focusing on pleasing your partner, then you can talk about all those kinky things you want done to you.

Also, your Dominatrix was probably working out of a call center next to somebody trying to get senior citizens to pay ransom ware demands.

Fantasies are perfect, real life isn’t. If you’re into real submission, find someone to devote yourself to. Having a list of things you want to have happen to you isn’t submission, it’s called topping from the bottom.instead, try focusing on pleasing your partner, then you can talk about all those kinky things you want done to you.

Also, your Dominatrix was probably working out of a call center next to somebody trying to get senior citizens to pay ransom ware demands.
I know what you mean about fantasies being perfect vs. real life. I think my issue was the lack of real human contact when you're being "dominated" over the internet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

I know what you mean about fantasies being perfect vs. real life. I think my issue was the lack of real human contact when you're being "dominated" over the internet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

You also have to remember that some of the activities you see in the memes and stories here are fantasy.

Last edited:
You also have to remember they some of the activities you see in the memes and stories her are fantasy.
So you said your wife dominates you. Do you mind if I ask, how did this come about? How did you let her know that you wanted to be dominated by her? How did you explain your tastes and interests to her?

So you said your wife dominates you. Do you mind if I ask, how did this come about? How did you let her know that you wanted to be dominated by her? How did you explain your tastes and interests to her?

It’s a long story. She was already strong, we were both in the military when we met. It happened slowly and I kinda pushed it on her but she was happy to take it. I had no real tastes or interest, she found them.

Having a list of things you want to have happen to you isn’t submission, it’s called topping from the bottom
It could also be a sign that you are a bottom, rather than a submissive.

Having a list of things you want to try, ideas about when etc and finding some who wants to be the top in that scenario is a totaly valid way of having fun with these things too.

Back