Potentially controversial story idea - HELP!

I'm in the middle of writing a new story, and I'm slightly concerned about posting it.

It's about a bad cop who abuses his power, takes advantage of people and uses his position to manipulate women to do sexual things against their will. My concerns are, a) are people here super pro-Police, and if so, is this a controversial subject? And, b) is having a story with such a negative character likely to turn off my followers/potential readers? Most of my other stories have fairly sympathetic characters.

I have begun the story with an Author's Note, explaining that I do not condone with character's behavior.

Please give me your thoughts/advice.

Thanks!

Write what you want. Maybe include a preface warning, "Ideas expressed are not necessarily the author's." And don't generalize about LIT readers. Pro- or anti-cop or -faith or -tech -- some will love, some will hate. They're a mob.

If you post it in Non-Con, I'd have thought that's your filter, to let your fans know you're going somewhere darker. And somehow, I don't think that Non-Con readers are going to give too much thought as to good cop, bad cop. Why would they care about that? They don't want consent. I think you're chasing subtleties that don't exist.

There are no "people here" that control the reader response here. There are probably over 100,000 readers at Literotica, all with unique likes and dislikes. I've just edited a story where a cop makes the effort to save a guy from a sadistic gangster and then fucks him rough four times himself. I have two separate, well-selling series of vice cops (one in NYC and one in D.C.) who are captive of the vice themselves and give it rough while catching the bad guys. Write it to please yourself.

If you post it in Non-Con, I'd have thought that's your filter, to let your fans know you're going somewhere darker. And somehow, I don't think that Non-Con readers are going to give too much thought as to good cop, bad cop. Why would they care about that? They don't want consent. I think you're chasing subtleties that don't exist.

Bingo.

Bottom line there is exactly one person that matters, and that is Laurel. Fair warning, I had her kick back a story because a non POV slave character was screwed by two other characters. If you don't show that a character enjoys the sex at some level. even though they feel guilty or regret it later. If i understood her correctly, the character must get some pleasure form the act or Laurel may turn it down. I would really go over the submission guidelines if I were you.

Last edited:
Write what you want. Maybe include a preface warning, "Ideas expressed are not necessarily the author's." And don't generalize about LIT readers. Pro- or anti-cop or -faith or -tech -- some will love, some will hate. They're a mob.

OK, cool. Thank you. I'll make the caveat is clear!

Good advice, thank you. It will definitely go in non-con.

There are no "people here" that control the reader response here. There are probably over 100,000 readers at Literotica, all with unique likes and dislikes. I've just edited a story where a cop makes the effort to save a guy from a sadistic gangster and then fucks him rough four times himself. I have two separate, well-selling series of vice cops (one in NYC and one in D.C.) who are captive of the vice themselves and give it rough while catching the bad guys. Write it to please yourself.

Right, that makes sense. I'm sure there are all sorts on here. I just didn't want to turn people against me for writing about someone vile and reprehensible.

Bottom line there is exactly one person that matters, and that is Laurel. Fair warning, I had her kick back a story because a non POV slave character was screwed by two other characters. If you don't show that a character enjoys the sex at some level. even though they feel guilty or regret it later. If i understood her correctly, the character must get some pleasure form the act or Laurel may turn it down. I would really go over the submission guidelines if I were you.

Interesting. Well, if Laurel turns it down, I can always edit it :)

Right, that makes sense. I'm sure there are all sorts on here. I just didn't want to turn people against me for writing about someone vile and reprehensible.

Don’t worry about it. If that’s what you want to write, go for it. This is Literotica, not Seventeen or whatever. There’s readers here for every type of story.

Don’t worry about it. If that’s what you want to write, go for it. This is Literotica, not Seventeen or whatever. There’s readers here for every type of story.
Quite right. LIT readers are a varied mob -- desire for something pr0n-ish is their only commonality. We have enthusiasts for every conceivable perversion. Pander to the pervs.

LIT authors are anonymous by default. Who wrote any certain story, essay, poem, etc? We can't know unless an author gives their 'real' name. Assume .alts to take blame for itchy stories. Re-invent yourself as desired. On the Interwebz, nobody knows you're an incontinent transsexual poodle.

I wrote a story about a horrifically abusive and corrupt cop. It opens with him getting anal relief from a crack whore in exchange for drugs. I even wrote a continuation, which I almost never do.

Both stories did very well, though in fairness there’s a darkly comedic element to them. Neither is in NonCon, incidentally.

Knock yourself out, OP.

I've written several police/detective stories and I never saw a political piece of feedback and/or hate mail from it.

The non-con aspect might get you some hate unless it's in the non-con catagory.

You could also have a more sympathetic character as a foil, and make it clear that the bad cop is the villain of the piece. Readers love to root against a well-written villain, even as his exploitation of the helpless women you described turns them on.

The hero/heroine of the story bemoans his awfulness, so the readers understand that you aren't condoning Bad Cop's horrible behavior. If you have done a good job of writing the story and developing the characters, you will get comments like, "That bastard needs to die!" rather than hateful comments directed at you personally.

I only mention this because you might have had elements in mind that wouldn't land your story in the Non-Consent category.

Back