Do you remember when your first story posted?

Yes I do.
In fact, Laurel and I were laughing about this just last week.

My 1st "published story" on here was actually, the 2nd story that I submitted.

Between the mistakes in the 1st story and my 2nd submission, they got crossed on publishing dates.

Lucia - was supposed to be published first.

Stepmother Drunk Again - ended up being published first by 2 days.

Very well. Oct 2022 and the great reader reaction helped cement my continued enjoyment of this hobby.

Like some others here, my "first" story was technically my second. The first version ran afoul of content restrictions (my bad) and Laurel bounced it in April, 2023. I ended up rewriting it completely and it was finally published in early May.

While it sat in Pending, I came very close to pulling it several times. I made a deal with myself, I'd delete it if it didn't do well because it sucked. When it went live, I watched the My Stories page maniacally, just looking for an excuse to pull it.

It had problems because I didn't have a clue on how to edit it but it did well enough to convince me to write a second story, then a third...I just submitted my 12th for April Fools 2024.

I think I've learned something from every story I've written.

My first story that I think I published on here was in 1999.

I had found Persian Kitty and from their web ring found literotica or a site like literotica. The formatting changed a whole lot and I am not sure if the site I posted on was this site.

I had had sex, it was sort of a secret, I had written down some of the events. Young lady had used me, taken my virginity as part of a plot to piss off her parents. Then decided it never happened. I sort of just wanted to get it off my chest.

The first story I know I put on this site was when covid started and people were getting sent home from work. I tried to write something funny to maybe get people to smile a little.

I am not a writer and that showed. But people did read it so I was happy with it.

Yes, 2017, an account of a scene with a friend which had been interrupted, only describing what might have happened if we hadn't. I wanted to get it to him without using his work email address, so posted it here and texted him the link.

He liked it. So did thousands of others (well, they looked at it and didn't all downvote it).

Compared to works on AO3 that might struggle for 100 views, that was amazing. So I wrote some more - no.62, Making Lemonade, has just gone live.

Yes, mainly because it was 5 days ago and i got two 750 word pieces published. Too many longer drafts laying around in various states of unfinishness but maybe this will help me bring some of them done.

my first was published in 2005.

I was quite surprised when people liked it and I didn't understand the red H (only did last year, I think). I added several more parts, then went away for a while, just came here to read. Then had some crazy idea and wrote some more stories - including one concluded series and another ongoing

A few weeks back i posted the finale to the original series, bringing the characters up to date.

02/02/2020 was the palindromic date that my first story was published. I then went on to write two sequels and two prequels to it.

I started writing my first story (untitled at the time) in 2015. I don’t recall if I ever intended to publish it. After 3 years and 350k words, I finally formally joined Lit and posted the first chapter of UCLA To Big D in March of 2018. I thought it was going to take Literotica by storm.

But, I naively posted the first 5 chapters in 5 different categories and it wallowed in anonymity (although the scores were generally good). Long story short (pun intended) all 18 chapters eventually earned red-H’s and a few chapters have since reached 100k views, but it had humble beginnings.

I’m still proud of it, but unfortunately, the things many authors learn from posting their first couple of stories, I didn’t really discover until I had 18 chapters already published on Lit…

Last edited:
I think Lovecraft made this thread years ago, but anyway, here it is again.

I first posted a story all the way back in 2012. Back then, if I recall, stats on stories were hard to find, or maybe not there yet. If it was, I never saw it. I was unaware of any top lists and things like so I didn't have a gauge on views and votes and so forth. I wrote a story for fun, but I did put great effort into it (except for the fact that I submitted it with a ton of typos and had to re-edit it later because of negative comments, but that's another topic.)

Anyway, days later I remember getting on the computer late morning and seeing a few emails. Lit readers using the messaging system. At first I wasn't sure it was, then it clicked that I had submitted the story days ago. So I went to my profile and saw the favorites and comments, then looked at the stats and first I wasn't sure what I was looking at, with votes and views, it took a while to get the hang of it. I remember being thrilled with the result. It was exciting to have a number of people reading but also commenting. It was a taboo story so the views/comments were plenty.

How about you? Any interesting feelings or thoughts?
My first one posted in July 2006.

Back