Story incorrectly rejected due to AI

Is there a thread or somewhere I can go to to ask for help regarding my work being rejected due to AI? My story has just been rejected a second time, and I would like to have someone help me figure out why it might be getting rejected as AI. I know we can't really tell the real reason or criteria, but i dunno maybe a second set of eyes could help me identify something im missing?
I resubmitted mine with a note "This is not AI. You think a computer could be this dirty?" or something like that. Sails past with a sarcastic comment to the moderators!

I suspect something is changing in this area...

Submitted several stories in Dec, all were approved and posted in less than 3 days each. Submitted a story 1/6 that took a week to approve, the another 1/9 that is still in pending, but this morning the date changed from 1/9 to yesterday. Looking at some of the comments above, the process is appears to be adapting to one where things are being flagged and reviewed rather than just rejected. May slow the approval process down for a bit, but it seems to show progress...which is a good thing.

I suspect something is changing in this area...

Submitted several stories in Dec, all were approved and posted in less than 3 days each. Submitted a story 1/6 that took a week to approve, the another 1/9 that is still in pending, but this morning the date changed from 1/9 to yesterday. Looking at some of the comments above, the process is appears to be adapting to one where things are being flagged and reviewed rather than just rejected. May slow the approval process down for a bit, but it seems to show progress...which is a good thing.
Weird, I've checked my pending story and the date underneath it also jumped to the 17th for some reason. Maybe you are on to something, maybe its just some random thing they did with their database that caused the dates to change.

My story finally got published. (https://literotica.com/s/stuck-and-fucked)

In the end I pasted my story paragraph by paragraph into an AI detection website and re-wrote so many of my own lines that "sounded robotic."

The problem was that I (intentionally) wrote this with the broadest audience in mind, so I used short sentences, simples structures. Once I removed them, it no longer read as AI.

So basically you get punished if you write in simple english. Whatever AI checkers Literotica uses mustn't like simple, robitic sounding text.

What an ordeal. Took more work to get that story published than it took to write.

In the end I pasted my story paragraph by paragraph into an AI detection website and re-wrote so many of my own lines that "sounded robotic."

The problem was that I (intentionally) wrote this with the broadest audience in mind, so I used short sentences, simples structures. Once I removed them, it no longer read as AI.

So basically you get punished if you write in simple english. Whatever AI checkers Literotica uses mustn't like simple, robitic sounding text.

What an ordeal. Took more work to get that story published than it took to write.
Which AI detector did you use?

The auto generated message is mind-blowingly frustrating.

The story I wrote is all my own work, save for some spell checking and grammar checking.

So I resubmit it with a note saying it's all my own work, saying that the use of Australian vernacular is reasonable proof that it's not generated by Ai because they just don't speak like that.

Rejected again. The auto generated response tells me reword it, or to approach an editor what use would that be when there's no way for me to know which parts of the text and tripping the AI sensor.

My other big problem with the auto generated response is that there's nothing in it explaining what to do next. Like do I contact someone and say I think there's been a mistake? If so, who. And why isn't that listed in any of the rejection emails.

I know the surge of Ai generated content is a problem, but there's got to be a better way to deal with it that making author's feel like they're in a impossible battle against a faulty Ai detection bot.
I've been having a similar problem. I added a story (would be the 5th one) to my "Dorothy" series. It was rejected for AI. NO AI was used. I didn't even use the grammar programs, as I am a pretty strict grammarian myself. I got a very similar note. I submitted the story and it was rejected on November 14, 2023, again on November 28, 2023, again on January 22, 2024, and finally on February 2, 2024. I am extremely frustrated. I have written to Laurel explaining that no AI is involved; they just keep sending me the same rejection note over and over.

They write,
Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

• We appreciate the effort you put into your work. We've checked this work several times and it is still coming back as being composed largely of AI-generated prose. Using a grammar check program sparingly (as a spellcheck, to fix punctuation, review grammar, and/or occasionally as a thesaurus) should be fine. But if you are allowing a grammar check program to “rewrite” your words, that may cross the line into AI generated text/stories. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.

Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions on these, please let us know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!

Laurel & Manu

I wrote back,
Dear Laurel & Manu:

This is the latest in my Dorothy series, following up on her previous adventures. I do not understand why you rejected it.

What is the problem with this story? You keep sending it back and I can't figure out what your reasoning is. This is the latest in the series of Dorothy stories I've been writing.

I've been contributing to this site since 2006.

I'm very frustrated by this and I don't know how to resolve it. I had an editor, then suddenly he wasn't an editor and stopped communicating. I am in contact with other editors.

I love this site and have contributed 63 published stories, but this is irritating me.

Where do I find AI detectors?

I've been having a similar problem. I added a story (would be the 5th one) to my "Dorothy" series. It was rejected for AI. NO AI was used. I didn't even use the grammar programs, as I am a pretty strict grammarian myself. I got a very similar note. I submitted the story and it was rejected on November 14, 2023, again on November 28, 2023, again on January 22, 2024, and finally on February 2, 2024. I am extremely frustrated. I have written to Laurel explaining that no AI is involved; they just keep sending me the same rejection note over and over.

They write,
Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

• We appreciate the effort you put into your work. We've checked this work several times and it is still coming back as being composed largely of AI-generated prose. Using a grammar check program sparingly (as a spellcheck, to fix punctuation, review grammar, and/or occasionally as a thesaurus) should be fine. But if you are allowing a grammar check program to “rewrite” your words, that may cross the line into AI generated text/stories. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.

Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions on these, please let us know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!

Laurel & Manu

I wrote back,
Dear Laurel & Manu:

This is the latest in my Dorothy series, following up on her previous adventures. I do not understand why you rejected it.

What is the problem with this story? You keep sending it back and I can't figure out what your reasoning is. This is the latest in the series of Dorothy stories I've been writing.

I've been contributing to this site since 2006.

I'm very frustrated by this and I don't know how to resolve it. I had an editor, then suddenly he wasn't an editor and stopped communicating. I am in contact with other editors.

I love this site and have contributed 63 published stories, but this is irritating me.
This is exactly the type of crazy behaviour from site administrators that is going to kill this site

Back