Story incorrectly rejected due to AI

I ran this entire thread through an AI detection app and it scored 82% fake. So you’re all a bunch of bots debating with each other. I should have known.
As a premier bot - I object to being lumped in with the other guys/girls/bots! This would be funny if the subject were not so fraught with tears by several who have left the site.

It is crazy in writing a story to have to think of the plot, the dialogs, and the grammaticals, and now, in the back of my mind, I have to contemplate if I smack of 'botness' [I claim dibs on this new word!]

Well, I guess I can see why your style would get flagged... I don't mean to insinuate anything, of course, it is just that I had the opportunity to read some of the actual AI-generated stories, and I could see for myself that AI favors these kinds of declarative sentences. For all of you who favor such a style, I guess it might be tough not to get at least partially flagged by an AI detector. It sucks, but I believe it will only get worse. 🫤

No, it's just this particular detector; the others seem to have no issues with my style.
But that's the issue, isn't it? It's not that most don't, it's that at least one does. Since we have no way to know the method being used here to make the determination, that's all it takes and we get to suffer it's slings and arrows. I made the suggestion that perhaps it was a non-varying style in perhaps this thread or another and another author commented that AI in fact looked for variation. Again, the same point. Since we don't know, we are left to wonder.

Thanks for proving that it is so hit or miss.

This is so weird. Am I a robot?
flatten;crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

That sapling.ai detector really shows the weakness of the process. On that chart above, it is listed with a 68% reliability and 0 false positives, but I seriously have to question the accuracy of that chart then. :)

The sentence by sentence breakdown and analysis is just weird and makes zero sense to me. Here is a short snippet from something I know is not AI:
1704980487160.png
I mean, I look at those lines and honestly am unable to tell WTF makes one of them "AI" and the other not. It's just arbitrary: "if you write like this, you are likely to be an AI." A joke, really.

You have nothing to worry about...View attachment 2305148
How come you get 0.0% and I get 99.6%? This is so weird. Am I a robot?
Cant say. All I can offer is that I would have written your first paragraph thus:

Naked and sweaty, Molly Bloom sauntered into her kitchen. Bach floated in her thoughts as she hummed to herself with a smile on her lips as she took a cold bottle of water from the fridge and took a long drink.

Leo's equally naked, sweaty form wrapped around her, nuzzling her cheek as he relished the soft buzz her humming created. He knew she was oblivious and that made it all the more special. It was so specific, always Bach's 30th of his Goldberg Variations that filled his ears post coitus. Like this morning, it frequently lingered long after the physical euphoria faded.

Last edited:
It was literally the first piece I ever wrote in English, except for a few unkind comments on the other side :D. I believe my writing style has evolved since then, but that darn algorithm doesn't seem to agree. It certainly seems to favor you though...
View attachment 2305175
In any case, I wouldn't adjust my style to match yours or anyone else's.
Didn't intend to suggest that. You should write as you and for you, just as I do.

This is gonna be interesting when I submit HORNMANJI at the end of February. I wonder if it thinks I’m human.

Meep morp zeep, robot writer.

Just sharing something very odd. My story got rejected for AI 2 days ago (this was the 2nd time) but today it suddenly got published without me resubmitting it. Very happy this happened, but very confused lol. Has this happened to anyone else?
Capture.PNG

Not laughing at you, but rather that poorer word choice is Less AI. Come on, that's BS... :)
It’s working off of “perplexity,” or how uncommon a series of words is. “I’d like a cup of coffee” is low perplexity, and would likely not pass muster. “I’d like a cup of spiders” is high perplexity and likely would. Poor word choice actually IS a way to trick AI detectors, which is part of why they suck.

It’s working off of “perplexity,” or how uncommon a series of words is. “I’d like a cup of coffee” is low perplexity, and would likely not pass muster. “I’d like a cup of spiders” is high perplexity and likely would. Poor word choice actually IS a way to trick AI detectors, which is part of why they suck.
Which is exactly why using detectors like these is not working as intended. You don't want to intentionally obfuscate your words, just to artificially appear "unique", by being hard to understand.

Not only does it make your story harder to read, it also takes your own style out of the equation, when you have to write in a specific way to "not trigger" the system.

Just sharing something very odd. My story got rejected for AI 2 days ago (this was the 2nd time) but today it suddenly got published without me resubmitting it. Very happy this happened, but very confused lol. Has this happened to anyone else?
View attachment 2305221
Things are getting more puzzling by the day. Things that are rejected should require corrective action. And yet you have experienced the exact opposite. Indeed this is puzzling.

First time I've seen that. My guess is the site has started working through the AI Bot reject pile and is adding a human eye to the process. I reckon the first rejection is always automated, no human involved, and you only get eyes on the second pass.

Hey, it's OP of this thread again.

My story just got rejected for the third time for being AI written even though it's my own work.

Is there anyone who could help me run it through an AI detector and try to get around whatever robot is rejecting it? I ran it through one and it said definitely written by a person.

I'm very drained by this process. Whatever system they're using is getting way too many false positives.

My story just got rejected for the third time for being AI written even though it's my own work.

Is there anyone who could help me run it through an AI detector and try to get around whatever robot is rejecting it? I ran it through one and it said definitely written by a person.

I'm very drained by this process. Whatever system they're using is getting way too many false positives.
If it doesn't pain you too much, maybe some misspellings or a couple of grammatical mistakes would help.

We don't know what tool the site might be using, so that's not going to help. You can only keep trying, or giving up and coming back later, when hopefully there might be better guidance.

We don't know what tool the site might be using, so that's not going to help. You can only keep trying, or giving up and coming back later, when hopefully there might be better guidance.
Can confirm. After having a story kicked back twice for AI, which to be clear, I don't use, I actually was curious enough to pay for a service to detect AI to see if there was something about the writing that was tripping it up. For the rejected story, it detected 0/665 sentences generated by AI and a 0% chance of being written by AI. It is impossible to know how to rectify whatever the issue is when I can't even replicate the results. It's unfortunate since other sites have such a small readership compared to Literotica, but it doesn't leave a lot of other options.

View attachment 2305221
That is wonderful news to see.

I finally got mine posted last week after doing some heavy editing. Despite how much I complained on this forum, I am going to tip my hat. I know I did not use AI, which is why I was so upset being falsely accused of it, however, my story could've been edited better. I had COVID throughout the first few weeks of December and half of it was written during that time frame. That falls on me for being lazy with editing once I finally got over the sickness and Christmas had passed.

Another story I submitted last week went through without a single rejection, so maybe there is some progress here after all.

Some advice I can offer, which helped get mine through the detector, is to look for repeated word usage in sentences. Break out a thesaurus and mix up some of the words, so you aren't repeating the same verb or adjective when describing action in your sentences. That seems to be something these detection tools focus on with patterns and a specific style of writing.

It's still a coin flip though if you'll be flagged, since the detection tools are proven to be junk.

It's still a coin flip though if you'll be flagged, since the detection tools are proven to be junk.
Pretty much this. I went through my story with a fine-tooth comb 4 times before I even asked someone to help me with editing. The editor also fixed a boatload of grammar and stylistic errors both me and ms word has missed, i rewrote parts with that experience in mind and just for shits and giggles pasted a few pieces of the story into an AI checker. 100% AI.
Not holding my breath what the verdict will be :p but hey, prepare for and expect the worst, so your only outcome is to either be at where you expected to be or have a pleasant surprise. That's my philosophy :p

Back