Ever actually MEET a guy from Craigslist?

I'm in a similar boat. I'm married and curious, so I'd want to set up a discrete first time and I'm not sure where to start.

My hesitation with CL and hookup sites are that I could meet someone shady (I'm in a big city). Any suggestions from those more experienced?
 
My brother uses a website called grinder I think? It's an app on his phone I know for sure. I know that he's had a couple of successful hook ups.
 
I have had the same issues with being able to chat and meet up with someone
 
Have been fortunate enough to find 2 sane married men there. Have to be very careful though but it is possible.
 
At the end of summer, I met a guy on CL. He was a lot of what I was into - I LOVE big guys, he bottomed, he let me do pretty much anything I pleased, and he was dressed exactly as I wanted him when I showed up (just a jockstrap.) He was looking for a lot more than I was, however, and I only saw him twice.
 
was on squirt for a bit, met a regular had fun together for about 6 months moved away haven't found anything similar since..
 
squirt

I have met about 5 different guys on Squirt. Never on Craigslist.
 
I enjoy an occasional MM experience. I have met every one of my regular guys off of Craigslist. Some have been a one time deal, some have been multiple play and it all depends on how both get along. If one takes the time to read and post ads on CL and proceed cautiously, then one can meet other guys who match up nicely.

Craigslist is used by many for cars, motorcycles, art, whatever..... and is safe to read ads there for curious men. Craigslist doesn't require one to create an account to answer ads. Totally anonymous by design.

Squirt and those other hookup sites are specifically for hooking up with other men. When someone logs on there, they are searching for either a feeder or a eater... or a combination of.

I have met quite a few men from CL over the years and I am selective in the process. I usually set a boundary about meeting in a public place, regardless who is going to host. It creates an safe environment for both people. I meet at a coffee shop close by to whomever is going to host and make sure there is a "no guarantees" but to meet and discuss. I like to talk about things other than the sex act and then when we get ready to leave, we both know if we would wish to follow either to where the hosting is.

There can be quite a few factors in not hooking up. It can be frustrating to have a meetup go south, but I am always prepared for me or them to back out. It is not all about attraction or lust. It has to look and sound good for both parties. If the other person has ill will, then they will "cull themselves" from the prospects. They don't want to waste time in email dialog or a coffee chat. But before I head out the door, I make it known that it is my intention to meet, greet and suck or be sucked sometime in the future..... and if time permits immediately after coffee.

I have tried to meet folks from CL but for whatever reason, there are not that many lit folks from the Seattle area willing to meet up. I have never meet anyone from CL for coffee, much less for MM fun. It is probably my age... but I have no problem making a connection on CL.

I have been contacted by forum members by PM that are in far away places. They are looking to chat / online discuss the idea. Some call it cyber sex. If I am going to masturbate, I am going to do that to reading some stories or some porn...... Not my intention to get into cyber sex and I usually state so when I do get approached on Lit.
 
Last edited:
my one and only time having sex with a man originated from CL, but that was one success from 40 attempts. i actually only ever even saw just that one guy face to face.

my biggest problems are that a) i can't host b) i am looking for a top out of hundreds of bottoms a c) i demand that he be able to carry on a conversation, either by email or verbally.

the last one is the most troublesome. i constantly get "ur hot" and "suk ma dik" emails, even though i state that i won't respond.

i am very picky and try to weed out the spam by saying that I'm going to ask us to chat over email for a bit before we meet up.
 
just me

Met two older fellows and no problems but most never follow through.
 
I'm in my mid fifties and about 10 years ago discovered that exchanging oral sex with other men turned me on. I've had maybe 30 or 40 encounters since then, almost all through CL. I had a couple of no shows but no truly bad experiences. I have been very cautious and selective and make clear what my limitations are. Lately I don't seem to find guys in my age bracket and rarely go on it anymore.
 
I have met maybe 20 guys from CL. None were horrible -- one was bad and I just bailed -- the others ranged from okay (just the usual or strange questions) to amazing (the guy who needed his huge 8+ and thick cock sucked -- I came without touching myself just sucking him off because he enjoyed it so much and his cock was so huge; when he shot his cum went up into my sinuses he blew so hard). Some of them I met more than once (there was a really nice guy on the way home and I would email him and stop by, we would suck each other off and then I would continue my drive) and others were only in for the night. Overall positive experiences though. You just have to trust your instincts, have a number of email exchanges, and blow off anyone who gives you a weird vibe.
 
You just have to trust your instincts, have a number of email exchanges, and blow off anyone who gives you a weird vibe.

I am with you on this. From the beginning, be ready to bail out, answer questions as best you can, and if something isn't right.... cut it off.
 
I have posted on CL and met with men for casual encounters and haven't experienced a horror story, yet. Of course I don't use it as a dating site. I know I'm meeting someone who just wants to get off...but so am I.
Everyone I've met was clean and polite, even a little bit shy at first. Of course I only chose men who replied with a picture and were willing to email back and forth a little. This gives me a sense of the kind of person I'm dealing with. I pay attention not only to what they write but also how they write it. A guy who writes only in lower case and pays no attention to grammar is immediately discarded. I also only meet with older men, 40+, who are married. Less chance of meeting someone with an STD. Also, no guys with tattoos. To me, tattoos imply a certain lifestyle that I don't want to have a casual encounter with. And I always insist on him wearing a condom.

You seem to be the exact type person I would love to meet. I have the criteria you are looking for, and you appear to be exactly what I am looking for......It's too bad you are on one coast and I am on the other.
 
I've met someone on CL, and it ended up being one of the hottest experiences of my entire life.

Now, if I could just make something like that happen again...
 
I have met maybe 20 guys from CL. None were horrible -- one was bad and I just bailed -- the others ranged from okay (just the usual or strange questions) to amazing (the guy who needed his huge 8+ and thick cock sucked -- I came without touching myself just sucking him off because he enjoyed it so much and his cock was so huge; when he shot his cum went up into my sinuses he blew so hard). Some of them I met more than once (there was a really nice guy on the way home and I would email him and stop by, we would suck each other off and then I would continue my drive) and others were only in for the night. Overall positive experiences though. You just have to trust your instincts, have a number of email exchanges, and blow off anyone who gives you a weird vibe.

I am with you on this. From the beginning, be ready to bail out, answer questions as best you can, and if something isn't right.... cut it off.

Most of my hookups occurred through CL and never had a bad experience. However, most were in the early days of CL and I'm really cautious to at least get a sense of the person I'm thinking about meeting.

I'll still post an ad and reply to one every so often but rarely get a response. (could be that I'm older than most) That said, I imagine that most of the guys looking on CL are in a similar boat... decent people who just want to get off but for whatever reason can't pull the trigger, maybe they're still in the closet, married, can't host and don't want to travel to a strange neighborhood, or they start thinking about all of the bad things that could happen.
 
Back
Top