Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Year!

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year - as always - starting out dreaming of better and hoping to see the next ball drop. As long as it’s not mine.

Afternoon all,

It's Australia Day here in the lucky country. Should be a happy time but this day celebrates the coming of the first invasion fleet to the new land so naturally our first peoples are rather annoyed at celebrating that event. However the other part of the country is having BBQ's and all manner of weird events like thong throwing (not the underwear, you guys call them flip flops), cockroach races and of course we do have sport on a public holiday like the cricket and of course dinking beer especially since it's so damn hot here at the moment.

Afternoon all,

It's Australia Day here in the lucky country. Should be a happy time but this day celebrates the coming of the first invasion fleet to the new land so naturally our first peoples are rather annoyed at celebrating that event. However the other part of the country is having BBQ's and all manner of weird events like thong throwing (not the underwear, you guys call them flip flops), cockroach races and of course we do have sport on a public holiday like the cricket and of course dinking beer especially since it's so damn hot here at the moment.

I am in the wrong country right now!!

Afternoon all,

Well, then I guess that it is time for a "Happy Australia Day" to our mate darkelf9.

I am in the wrong country right now!!

Yep and it's probably not just cause of the weather :D, then again we here in Aussie land don't really need much of an excuse to fire up the BBQ even in Winter whilst your hand turns blue searching for another ice cold beer thru the ice slurry in the esky (cooler).

Well, then I guess that it is time for a "Happy Australia Day" to our mate darkelf9.

Yep everyone loves a public holiday. I have the beer chilling in the fridge waiting for the cricket to start on the TV, then the Aussie Open semi-finals tonight. Just not a fan of the humidity stuff we are currently having in most of the country.

Afternoon all,

Posted a Happy Australia Day on Facebook to my family in Oz.
Do it every year and still have my Flag too for Coalition waves here.

Posted a Happy Australia Day on Facebook to my family in Oz.
Do it every year and still have my Flag too for Coalition waves here.

Hey Starry,

It was a very warm long weekend here not very high temp wise just very very humid, didn't get below 30 C (86F) on Sunday night here in Melbourne so the rain was very welcome late on Monday. Was only 0.1 below the all time record high for an overnight temp in Summer. Nice and cool for the past couple of days so the house has finally cooled down.

So where is Aussie land are your family?

Hey Starry,

It was a very warm long weekend here not very high temp wise just very very humid, didn't get below 30 C (86F) on Sunday night here in Melbourne so the rain was very welcome late on Monday. Was only 0.1 below the all time record high for an overnight temp in Summer. Nice and cool for the past couple of days so the house has finally cooled down.

So where is Aussie land are your family?

I have people in Wagga Wagga, Perth and one family member just moved from Sydney back to New Zealand to be near her kids.

I have people in Wagga Wagga, Perth and one family member just moved from Sydney back to New Zealand to be near her kids.

Ah yes Wagga Wagga. The only place that you can say sober or drunk and it sounds the same. Only been to Perth once. From Melbourne, Auckland in NZ is closer than Perth.

Hope it isn't too cold in your area. We're about to get another heat wave here in Melbourne.

Just saw the Super Bowl and Philly deserved to win. Wasn't going for either team, just hoping for a close game.

Greetings to all from Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador, the city of eternal springtime.

Afternoon all,

Well the Winter Olympics are on shortly. Good thing about being retired you can see the sports stuff in real time.

Still hot in Aussie land. Looking forward to the end of Summer and the rather warm nights, hard to get a proper night's sleep.

Afternoon all,

Well the Winter Olympics are on shortly. Good thing about being retired you can see the sports stuff in real time.

Still hot in Aussie land. Looking forward to the end of Summer and the rather warm nights, hard to get a proper night's sleep.

It's finally gotten back to a better temperature here for me.

It's finally gotten back to a better temperature here for me.

Hey Starry,

Temps have been cooler for a few days but still humid. Managed to complete another painting task for the Summer while it was cooler. Temps due to go up again over the weekend. It's a bit like riding a roller coaster temperature wise and not in a fun way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back