A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

lolololol... look atcha alll *blows smoke rings*

grroooooooooooooovy, baybeeeee

It smells like Woodstock up in here!

shakes out long blonde curls, dances, eyes-closed and barefoot, in dungarees and off the shoulder gypsy top, flowers in my hair, bells on my toes...

ha, time-warping
my hair's no longer blonde, and i wouldn't rock the dungarees anymore but damn, i loved mine. soooooo comfy!

/loves you best when you're you! :heart:
the earlier version was me as a teen, there's a bit more of me now :D

you know, i never was an abba fan - but i flippin' LOVE that movie and want to dance through the streets when i watch it :D

:heart::kiss:

the earlier version was me as a teen, there's a bit more of me now :D

you know, i never was an abba fan - but i flippin' LOVE that movie and want to dance through the streets when i watch it :D

:heart::kiss:

We went to a showing where they had the words up on the screen for everyone to sing along :)

from Sir Winston

My cousin sent this today, and I smiled...

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill:

If you can start the day without caffeine;
If you can get going without pep pills;
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains;
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles;
If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it;
If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time;
If you can forgive a friend's lack of consideration;
If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when, through no fault of your own, something goes wrong;
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment;
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him;
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend;
If you can face the world without lies and deceit;
If you can conquer tension without medical help;
If you can relax without liquor; If you can sleep without the aid of drugs;
If you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed or color, religion or politics; then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.

My cousin sent this today, and I smiled...

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill:

If you can start the day without caffeine;
If you can get going without pep pills;
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains;
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles;
If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it;
If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time;
If you can forgive a friend's lack of consideration;
If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when, through no fault of your own, something goes wrong;
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment;
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him;
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend;
If you can face the world without lies and deceit;
If you can conquer tension without medical help;
If you can relax without liquor; If you can sleep without the aid of drugs;
If you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed or color, religion or politics; then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.

Unashamabley (is there such a word?) stolen!

To clear up any confusion in Three words or less. I was mooned at from HMS Belfast. It had been hired out for a private party and as we went past in another boat, one of the male partygoers (in a bright red curly wig!) mooned us!

I've already done this somewhere else on this site (but it's gone now!) You hooked me with A Poet walked into a bar...cruel joke. It looks like work here. (Ah, Friday night, pour me another DeLord) You want to know something about me? I could write a book (Oh, thats right ...did that too.)

My first taste of the erotic was the book 'Candy' (Rub a Dub Rub A Dub) that and the fold out Christmas card that the bus driver showed me of Santa Claus. (now I know why he's so jolly!)

I joined the Navy after highschool What an education that was. I saw many exotic countries from the inside of a bar, but I wasn't a poet then. Sometimes I wonder if I am now.

Taking my discharge in Cali after four years of floating in the USS Twilight Zone, I investigated the bars of L.A. (Fuck, I should be writing this down)

A Poet walks into a biker bar In San Diego; eventualy he gets his ass kicked; no one is really mad at him though, it's just a thing that happens. The bikers buy him a beer, shoot some pool and talk about motorcycles and women.
Ten years later He's drinking beer, shooting pool, and riding motorcycles and women every day.

Where was I? Poets/Poetry/Stuff: I think Lord Byron rocks, Haiku can be fun (I'm counting sylables anyway) Query letters are like Poison Ivy, irritating as hell and endured till healed, There's no bad poetry, only bad poets.

Thirty years later he has no beer, motorcycles, or women... the table needs new felt too.
Oh you push button verbose archaeology
to uncover remains near 0 B.C. (before Chipper :p )
no surprise to be buried in a bar
break out the whisk broom,
clean the dusty glasses (points for duality)
now where's that quality twat?

Last edited:
Oh you push button verbose archaeology
to uncover remains near 0 B.C. (before Chipper :p )
no surprise to be buried in a bar
break out the whisk broom,
clean the dusty glasses (points for duality)
now where's that quality twat?
*claims a bar stool... *

i'm a history fan; pour me a long glass of fables and high hopes? :kiss::kiss:

Back