"The Exchange": a post-apocalyptic roleplay (closed)

Billy:

As he struggled against the Security Officers dragging him away -- enough so to look legitimately angry but not so much so to either get away or get hurt -- Billy could hear Crystal still screaming obscenities at him. He had to fight laughing at the whole encounter; simultaneously, he had to hope he was following her game plan.

Once through the door of the Security office, he settled down a bit, still struggling but now walking fully on his own power. The four officers handling him had thinned down to just two, although the other pair stayed close. They dragged him through the office area, down a hallway, and through a reinforced door to one of several doors lining one side of the wall. The detainment center had the look of having once been a commercial storage area: cinderblock walls, lots of overhead pipes and conduits, etc.; the only alteration were the solid metal doors where once upon a time there had likely been much lighter aluminum doors.

Billy pretended to pitch a fit about being tossed into one of the cells, surging at the officers as they tossed him inside. One of them growled, "We don't take kindly to brutes beating on women."

"Fuck you!" Billy hollered as he pounded once hard against the inside of the door. As he turned away, he smiled and murmured, "Brutes...? Really?"

Victor:

He was sitting at his desk when one of his Sergeants appeared at the door to report, "We just brought in a guy from the Bazaar, Colonel. He was beating on one of the brothel whores apparently."

Bothered, Victor growled, "And...?"

"I don't recognize him, sir," the Sergeant explained. "You said to be on the lookout for unfamiliar faces...? Might this be your guy?"

"Put him in a cell," Victor ordered. After the Sergeant reported it was already being done, he waved the man away -- then quickly asked, "What whore? What's her name?"

The Sergeant looked back over his shoulder toward the Corporal and the bosomy prostitute with whom it appeared he was becoming a bit too intimately familiar. He told Victor, "Crystal. I don't know her surname. Do you want me to--"

"Get out," Victor ordered, waving the man away but then quickly telling him, "Inform this woman that I am busy but that I'll be available in a few minutes."

"Yes, sir," the Sergeant said before turning and leaving.

Victor sat there in silence contemplating the situation a minute or so. He couldn't imagine that this was a coincidence; the man from whom he'd wanted Crystal to gather information was likely now in his detainment center, and Crystal herself was sitting in his office under the guise of having been assaulted by said man.

"Sergeant!" he hollered out. When the underling reappeared, Victor asked, "Was this man searched for weapons?"

The Sergeant looked uncomfortable as he responded, "I ... I'm sure he was, sir. But I'll do it myself right--"

"Down to his skivvies," Victor ordered before again waving the man away.

The Sergeant departed quickly, gathered up four of his officers, and headed for the detainee's cell, where he oversaw Billy essentially being stripped down to his tee shirt and boxers in the name of a search. He returned to Victor's office again, carrying Billy's clothing, and reported, "He's clean, sir. No weapons, nothing of interest. Not a Credit to his name, which is strange as one of the men reported he was at the Gatekeeper's yesterday morning when--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Victor cut in. "Give him his pants back for Pete's sake. Where's this whore?"

The Sergeant pointed back over his shoulder, then -- after being waved away for a third time -- departed. Victor rose, pulled his 9mm to see if there was a round up the pipe -- there wasn't, as was his routine for here in the office -- and holstered the weapon again. He made his way out into the office in time to see the infatuated Corporal groping Crystal's tits ... or nearly so anyway.

"Can you feel it?" she asked with a feigned tone of panic. "It's pounding with fear."

Victor shook his head slightly. He listened to them talk about getting Crystal safely home later, before she stood taller and kissed him on the cheek.

"When you're done making out," Victor growled at the Corporal, "I'd like to talk to our assault victim if you don't mind ... Private."

The man's joy of having been in contact with the well known and sought after whore faded away in an instant. "Yes, sir!"

He spun on a heel and hurried out of the office, likely hoping that his Commander's last word would not turn out to be his imminent fate.

Crystal looked to Victor and smiled; she could be so charming and had no shame when it came to manipulating men. She headed toward Victor.

"Please, miss, have a seat in my office," he said with a lack of familiarity toward her. He glared around the office at the many pairs of eyes that were following her swaying ass. Clearing his throat loudly, every one of those pairs of eyes found something else of interest to them. Victor closed his door behind him, returned to his desk, sat, and studied Crystal for a moment. He lifted a hand, palm up, and gave her a come on, give it to me gesture with curling fingers. "Spill it."

(OOC: For anyone following our story -- I doubt anyone is, but that's okay -- we had intended on writing something that was a little more desperate in scope: people struggling to find food, water, security, etc. We got distracted and took our characters in directions we hadn't intended. Therefore, we are starting something new ... again!)

Back