OK. I'll jump right in. Why is rape given special status as a crime?

And some fall out of the tree and just don't have the energy to climb back up it.
Professional slots know very well they simply have to lie there long enough and a new tree will grow under them.

* sloths, Wanda. The h is important. slots is something too derogatory even for you.

Now we're on to slot-shaming?
chloe-moretz.gif

I want to apologize for this reply: "Sorry. What you describe doesn't amount to major, life changing trauma to me." At least you addressed my question about what makes rape different instead of berating me for asking it. I'll add it to my collection of reasons people have for their attitude toward rape, even though I can't get my head around caring about what a rapist does or doesn't think about you.
Thanks for noticing I addressed it. No worries. You just ring to me as a very emotionally detached person, almost scarily so. I wish I had some reading recommendation to get you to see it, but someone else may have already provided that.

Fuck off.
My apology to MadelineMasoch
@AG31, I get that you’re new to the internet but there is absolutely no need for you to link to your thread posts in the same thread they’re posted in. And rarely in any other thread either.
I wanted to be sure that those particular individuals saw my reply to MadelineMasoch. There's no reason to assume that they're following all the conversations here. I'm not new to the internet. I've been here since it was being invented. Started my programming career in the late 60's.

The punishment for rape dropped considerably in the 20th century. Before 1900, the punishment was death by hanging or firing squad. There are reasons for rape to have a stricter punishment, but it won't happen. Putting their name on the Sex Offenders list seemed, at the time, to be a good step. But honestly, how often do you check for registered sex offenders near where you live? The rape of the woman by the defense during the trial isn't prevalent now, but sometimes still happens. A majority or at least a large percentage of rapes are never reported. If a man (or woman) is arrested and convicted for rape or statutory rape, you can bet the number of rapes he's committed is larger than what he is arrested for.

It's treated as a big deal because it is a big deal. However, as I pointed out, the punishment isn't nearly as harsh as aggravated assault.

Back