I went back to a forum I had been banned from, but...

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
Recently, I had to make a new email account, because reasons. Then I considered using it to go back to the very first forum I was ever banned from, back in 2013. Back then, I really was an asshole online, and I knew I had brought that to myself. It wasn't like my bans over the following years, in which I never found out why I was banned. However, even back then, I regretted my behavior and apologized in the appeal thread (back then, that forum had a thread where banned members could apologize). And even after my apologies, the mods were like, "No, you're not coming back."

Anyway, as soon as I joined that forum again recently, I opened a thread in the introduction section, and I titled it, "Do you believe people can change?" I explained that I no longer condone physical violence, that I'd changed over the years, and that it would give me joy if someone believed I have changed and gave me a second chance. The response I received was disheartening: "It's OK. The mods from 2013 are no longer here anyway. You can stay."

That made me realize that the only reason I was allowed back was that the mods were different. The old mods would have never forgiven me and given me a second chance. Nobody will ever forgive me and give me a second chance. Even you people here, when you inevitably ban me (because I'm 1000% sure you will do so sooner or later) will never forgive me, never give me a second chance, never reply to my ban appeals. No one forgives in this world, no one gives second chances. Hell no one even gives first chances. I'm the one who registers into forums unsolicited. In my real life, no one would ever even spend five minutes talking to me.

So I never posted to that forum again, since I know now that the old mods wouldn't have given me a second chance even if that meant the end of the universe. Once again, I request that you ban me from here too, so I can get it over with already, accept that I'm undesired everywhere online, and move on.

Last edited:
Just move on from Lit if you want to. Your requests to be banned (which you’re posting on an unmoderated forum, incidentally) aren’t accomplishing what you’re begging for.

I hope your humiliation fetish isn't as powerful in real life as it is online.
I don't think it's a humiliation fetish, actually. I subscribe to the belief that this a rather poor attempt at performance art trolling, laid on way too thick to be truly credible. A real class troll would be much more subtle, but I don't believe our OP has it in him/her/them.

I don't think it's a humiliation fetish, actually. I subscribe to the belief that this a rather poor attempt at performance art trolling, laid on way too thick to be truly credible. A real class troll would be much more subtle, but I don't believe our OP has it in him/her/them.
If I recall correctly, he began last summer by complaining that it was only a matter of time before he was banned from Lit for reasons unknown. A few weeks ago he posted that he wanted his account to be deleted, probably because he hadn't done anything to deserve a ban apart from whinging and whining.

By now his trolling is just tiresome.

Recently, I had to make a new email account, because reasons. Then I considered using it to go back to the very first forum I was ever banned from, back in 2013. Back then, I really was an asshole online, and I knew I had brought that to myself. It wasn't like my bans over the following years, in which I never found out why I was banned. However, even back then, I regretted my behavior and apologized in the appeal thread (back then, that forum had a thread where banned members could apologize). And even after my apologies, the mods were like, "No, you're not coming back."

Anyway, as soon as I joined that forum again recently, I opened a thread in the introduction section, and I titled it, "Do you believe people can change?" I explained that I no longer condone physical violence, that I'd changed over the years, and that it would give me joy if someone believed I have changed and gave me a second chance. The response I received was disheartening: "It's OK. The mods from 2013 are no longer here anyway. You can stay."

That made me realize that the only reason I was allowed back was that the mods were different. The old mods would have never forgiven me and given me a second chance. Nobody will ever forgive me and give me a second chance. Even you people here, when you inevitably ban me (because I'm 1000% sure you will do so sooner or later) will never forgive me, never give me a second chance, never reply to my ban appeals. No one forgives in this world, no one gives second chances. Hell no one even gives first chances. I'm the one who registers into forums unsolicited. In my real life, no one would ever even spend five minutes talking to me.

So I never posted to that forum again, since I know now that the old mods wouldn't have given me a second chance even if that meant the end of the universe. Once again, I request that you ban me from here too, so I can get it over with already, accept that I'm undesired everywhere online, and move on.
I'm betting that you get banned because you're just so fucking annoying. I've seen you start several completely obsequious threads. Do you just get absolutely no attention from anyone in your real life?

You made your own point. which is only you are able to forgive yourself. Just accept that you've changed and able to love and forgive yourself then move on. It's a good thing to look back and not repeat the same mistakes but we cannot live attached to the past. And yes, some people will not like us, never forgive us. That's the reality of life and it's okay. So you have you. Appreciate yourself while you can.

Back