Why do men keep trying to move from literotica chat to snapchat/skype?

Kimmyxwu

Virgin
Recently joined and I wanted to chat about fantasies and writing erotica as I start to build up my courage to post a story. I've had lots of men message and ask to chat on skype or snapchat. Whats wrong with the chat here and why ask someone on a forum that they have no idea what I look like to move to a more personal chat? One start instructing me how to set up skype after I polietly declined. I know what they hope to get but does this ever actually work?

Chat here, and on other platforms, can be cumbersome, so moving to another channel does make it easier. However, anyone asking to move off platform after a handful of messages gets a quick, terse end to the conversation from me. I've got couples profiles on other sites, so I totally get where you are coming from. Guys (it's nearly always guys) want to trade pics and get on cam with minimal effort.

Chat here, and on other platforms, can be cumbersome, so moving to another channel does make it easier. However, anyone asking to move off platform after a handful of messages gets a quick, terse end to the conversation from me. I've got couples profiles on other sites, so I totally get where you are coming from. Guys (it's nearly always guys) want to trade pics and get on cam with minimal effort.
I was polite at first but realized that doesn't work

I was polite at first but realized that doesn't work
And I've learned you CAN'T be rude enough. It's disheartening and try not to let it effect every conversation but you can smell these out pretty quickly.

Hint: tell them you are a dom and only want to peg them with your strap-on. Pick a dildo size that sounds scary , found that takes care of most of them.

"Hi. Welcome. What are you wearing? Come to chat and naked for me." Men are visual learners. They want to see you naked. Period.
LOL, but all true. I would also say that men that have the alone time for video chatting are single and...well, have a lot of alone time.
Stick with it and you'll find a few guys that will message/email/chat and share with you what you are looking for. Prob 5 out of every horny 1,000.

And I've learned you CAN'T be rude enough. It's disheartening and try not to let it effect every conversation but you can smell these out pretty quickly.

Hint: tell them you are a dom and only want to peg them with your strap-on. Pick a dildo size that sounds scary , found that takes care of most of them.
I'll take the onboard and use it in the future :ROFLMAO:

Lit chat suffers from being unable to leave messages. So I find the forums and apps like Skype to be much more conducive to keeping in touch and getting to know someone better.

Don’t threaten me with a good time 😂😂

I agree with Oxbowma, messaging here be very cumbersome and functions more like email than chat. The chat rooms are nice but there is no "friends list" function or chat history. Which is another reason men may be trying to push you into other platforms.

Back in the Glory Days of the GB , chat was a standing joke. I don't think it ever worked. When it blinked on momentarily, someone would get accused of sticking something where it didn't belong. Yeah. It was fun...ny. :)

It depends what you are looking for. When it comes to interacting with other Lit users, if you just want casual chat or want to make an observation, the Lit forums are great. For video camming people are likely to suggest sites like Skype. For real time private messages or chat, I find Chat or DMs on Lit are adequate for my purposes. But for ongoing private contact where long personal messages are involved, I find that old fashioned emails work best. This is especially true for people in different time zones, like most of my closest Lit friends are.

Recently joined and I wanted to chat about fantasies and writing erotica as I start to build up my courage to post a story. I've had lots of men message and ask to chat on skype or snapchat. Whats wrong with the chat here and why ask someone on a forum that they have no idea what I look like to move to a more personal chat? One start instructing me how to set up skype after I polietly declined. I know what they hope to get but does this ever actually work?
For me, messaging and private messaging on the Forum is a safe anonymous way to get to know someone, to sound them out until there is a degree of trust established. From that point it may or may not be possible to advance things into other forms of social media. In the meantime, we should enjoy each other here...

Back in the Glory Days of the GB , chat was a standing joke. I don't think it ever worked. When it blinked on momentarily, someone would get accused of sticking something where it didn't belong. Yeah. It was fun...ny. :)
I remember those days. I stopped using the chat function then :) I didn’t even know they had one here.

That’s not always true. And not all guys are that burdensome. Some know to back off and I’d like count myself as one of them. Aren’t you a guy - way to throw all your brethren under the bus dude 🤣

Back