Why do men keep trying to move from literotica chat to snapchat/skype?

I thought chat was down.
Wasn't the chat a Java applet that requires installation of a Java Runtime Environment? Do modern browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari) even support JRE plugins any longer?

Wow this thread has kicked off again. I might do an experiment and set-up skype and then post all the responses I get here.

The seeming predominance of stupid and selfish men on here was a major factor in my wife's complete disavowal of this site. There are exceptions of course, but finding considerate chat partners here was largely a bust

So I am reporting back after I tested adding someone on Skype. It was very boring. He asked to play 21 questions. I asked him what the worst thing he'd done was and he said he slept with his stepmom and his dad thinks the child is his. I told him that this might be a crime and that I'd forwarded his details to the police.

Because lit chat is often down? I like to move to voice because I read people better aurally.
They also sometimes do it to isolate you from competition.

I frequently go for months without even logging into this site for much the same reason as the OP. I am male but the private conversations I have entered into here with females have proven tedious to say the least.
Often barely literate, with a 'let's get straight into role-play' approach, they don't seem to appreciate that desire for any kind of stimulation begins in the mind. 'Literotica' is composed of two words; 'literature' and 'erotica' - yet many participants ignore the former in their eagerness to get straight on to the latter.
Sexuality, as with everything in this fleeting life, should be savoured like fine wine or beautiful music - everything has its own poetry and flow but most people are in too much of a hurry to appreciate that, alas.

Thus speaks an old man.

Recently joined and I wanted to chat about fantasies and writing erotica as I start to build up my courage to post a story. I've had lots of men message and ask to chat on skype or snapchat. Whats wrong with the chat here and why ask someone on a forum that they have no idea what I look like to move to a more personal chat? One start instructing me how to set up skype after I polietly declined. I know what they hope to get but does this ever actually work?
Messaging on Lit is slower given you have to refresh to see the message. I’d also guess they want to move to snap/skype in hopes of pictures or camera being shared.

That said, going to those places is a highly personal experience. Some people aren’t ready or into that. People need to respect that decision, if that is what someone chooses.

Back