The women whose husbands don't get sex because they are boorish clods

Oh this is my new favourite thread. I'm guessing it's in response to the men's thread? I've very nearly commented that half of them probably aren't getting any because they're lacking elsewhere. If your wife isn't giving you sex, you're most likely doing something wrong somewhere... just saying

That may well be true, often. But it ain't necessarily so.

I most certainly agree, it's not a one fits all. I know of some men in particular who don't get any and why they don't, and it's not because of anything they're lacking.

But there is still that percentage of men who it does apply to. The same thing can be said about women

The thread doesn't make sense to me.

Why give sex to a boorish clod in the first place, much less marry him.

ETA: Ah, the OP...never mind.

Last edited:
So what kind of behaviour makes a man a boorish clod?

I know lots of guys who I think fit the bill.

But I also know lots of women with unrealistic expectations.

I think most of the time that men or women end up with a partner who turns out to be a jerk, the evidence was there all along. I am thinking of a couple guys I know who are boorish, misogynist assholes who have a great deal of success with women. They are frauds but they have gotten good at telling women what they want to hear just long enough to get into her panties.

As the last post said......why would you marry a boorish jerk? It isn't up to the world or men at large to filter out the assholes for you. There are lots of good guys in the world. But a real man knows who he is. He treats women properly but he also expects to be treated properly. He wants an equal partner to actually conduct herself as an equal which includes seeing the world for what it is. Real men hold the door for both genders most of the time but occasionally forget. Real men enjoy a good fart joke once in a while. Real men swear once in a while. Real men don't treat people poorly but they won't take shit either - and they expect women to know the difference between starting a fight and finishing a fight.

Parents should teach their sons to be better men.....and they should teach their daughters to look for character in a man, not superficial behavioural traits.

There is no excuse for being a boorish clod. But if you want to be an equal and a grown-up there is no excuse for not taking responsibility for your own choice of mates.

If what you say is even remotely true, then the woman should divorce the man. It is so much more mature and relevant then to deny him of his basic sexual needs.
No, I think in many cases, it comes down to ignorance, and complacency on her part. Her feelings and needs become much more important than his. Children arrive, obscuring the picture even more, and sex was for the young.
My experience. I am sure there are exceptions that somehow fit your twisted scenario.

I am not sure who Syrah is addressing but I agree with SA that the question needs to be asked - what do you consider boorish behaviour?

There is a big difference between being a jerk and just not fitting somebody else’s ideal. And it is always very troubling when one partner feels that it is their prerogative to unilaterally decide what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour.

If you marry a man whose behaviour you find boorish then jomar asks the pertinent question. Why did you marry him? If his behaviour changed later one must again ask why, as there are two sides to every story.

It’s tough to know everything about a person until you been through the good and the bad together. I’ve certainly known couples where one or the other turned out to be a jerk or a bitch as time went on. But in my anecdotal observation the one accusing the other of such behaviour is equally likely to be the nasty one.

A good friend of mine has a step mother who is the epitome of social decorum and sophistication. She also a passive aggressive back stabbing cunt who can goad a decent and honourable man into fits of anger until he says something boorish.

Last edited:
So what kind of behaviour makes a man a boorish clod?

I know lots of guys who I think fit the bill.

But I also know lots of women with unrealistic expectations.

I think most of the time that men or women end up with a partner who turns out to be a jerk, the evidence was there all along. I am thinking of a couple guys I know who are boorish, misogynist assholes who have a great deal of success with women. They are frauds but they have gotten good at telling women what they want to hear just long enough to get into her panties.

As the last post said......why would you marry a boorish jerk? It isn't up to the world or men at large to filter out the assholes for you. There are lots of good guys in the world. But a real man knows who he is. He treats women properly but he also expects to be treated properly. He wants an equal partner to actually conduct herself as an equal which includes seeing the world for what it is. Real men hold the door for both genders most of the time but occasionally forget. Real men enjoy a good fart joke once in a while. Real men swear once in a while. Real men don't treat people poorly but they won't take shit either - and they expect women to know the difference between starting a fight and finishing a fight.

Parents should teach their sons to be better men.....and they should teach their daughters to look for character in a man, not superficial behavioural traits.

There is no excuse for being a boorish clod. But if you want to be an equal and a grown-up there is no excuse for not taking responsibility for your own choice of mates.

I love this post, if we don't like something in our marriage, we have to do something about it. Its perfectly ok to complain about it but then its equally fair to do something about it. If we see a problem, we are the right ones to address it and hopefully be on a journey of change.

Its never too late.

When you look up "boorish clod" in the newest dictionaries, it shows a picture of Donald Trump. Don't screw him or any of his closest followers.

Oh this is my new favourite thread. I'm guessing it's in response to the men's thread? I've very nearly commented that half of them probably aren't getting any because they're lacking elsewhere. If your wife isn't giving you sex, you're most likely doing something wrong somewhere... just saying

Guess the opposite could be true, eh?

Maybe he isn’t giving you sex because you’re “doing something wrong somewhere else?”

What a fucked up attitude about a loved one. Men and women aren’t machines that return favors or behavior with sex.

Guess the opposite could be true, eh?

Maybe he isn’t giving you sex because you’re “doing something wrong somewhere else?”

What a fucked up attitude about a loved one. Men and women aren’t machines that return favors or behavior with sex.

Of course the opposite can be true, but I haven't seen women making a support group about it online because they consider it to be an injustice to their human right. But at the same time I don't judge any of those men because of their situation, I realise they're venting about something that they feel incapable of changing for whatever reason. Heck I even know some of those guys in that group! But everyone, including myself and every other woman, finds it hard to see things from the other person's point of view.

Sex in a relationship is more than just carnal need or lust - sex can be affected because of all sorts of reasons from lack of affection to incompatibility in sexual needs or even more irrelevant things that build up over time. These things will affect sex in a marriage

Some people have genuine reasons as to why sex is lacking in their relationship, others it's because they haven't figured out what they need to put into it to make it well rounded enough. Not everyone just fucks for the sake of fucking

It's fine for men to be able to say these things about their wives, to find what they need elsewhere, but when a woman is brutally honest - best get the torches ready

Or perhaps, god forbid the woman could have issues.

The thread doesn't make sense to me.

Why give sex to a boorish clod in the first place, much less marry him.

ETA: Ah, the OP...never mind.

Very sadly, there are plenty of men and plenty of women who were all romantic and sexy and attentive to their date = boy/girlfriend = fiancee/fiance = newlywed and then ....

They have slumped into taking their spouse for granted at all sorts of levels which are not about sex, and long for it as the other partner wishes, the fire to get intimate with this "person who takes me for granted except when they want sex" just can't get lit. And that is very understandable, as no-one can thrive as someone else's 'object'.

Last edited:
Very sadly, there are plenty of men and plenty of women who were all romantic and sexy and attentive to their date = boy/girlfriend = fiancee/fiance = newlywed and then ....

They have slumped into taking their spouse for granted at all sorts of levels which are not about sex, and long for it as the other partner wishes, the fire to get intimate with this "person who takes me for granted except when they want sex" just can't get lit. And that is very understandable, as no-one can thrive as someone else's 'object'.

This is very true. If your marriage is out of kilter one of the first things to go is intimacy.
So it may be that a husband started out all right but then gave up trying or equally found his wife not to be as he thought.

Money problems, work problems, one partner hankering after an ex.
It indicates a problem.
How you solve it defines the marriage.

This is very true. If your marriage is out of kilter one of the first things to go is intimacy.
So it may be that a husband started out all right but then gave up trying or equally found his wife not to be as he thought.

Money problems, work problems, one partner hankering after an ex.
It indicates a problem.
How you solve it defines the marriage.

I'll just leave this here...

https://m.imgur.com/x2dGroh

Lol.....that is a pretty harsh representation. But there is an element of truth to the notion that men are expected to make their wives feel special but you don't really hear about the opposite.

I agree, it is a harsh representation. But I also agree that men are put under the spotlight far more than women and I think that's what the contributors to both threads experience; the lack of attention and feeling wanted/desired/loved. Atleast 98% of them - there will inevitably be that 2% who just feel they deserve far more when even the entire world wouldn't be enough.

Back