The 2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Thread

I can't complain either. Scores are well above my expectations. Not that many comments though. I thought I would get a lot more complaints about how the thing ends or at least a few replies in regards to the little game I proposed. Oh well. I take what I get :)
 
I was surprised

My story seems to have been well-received - good score, actually better than I expected, but the numbers are low - compared with some of my other stories, and as other people have noted there aren't many comments.
 
I wouldn’t know. It’s a rare day that I get any comments on any of my stories at all.

But I’m gobsmacked not so much by my rating, but by the number of voters. SF/Fantasy always surprises me with its warm reception.
 
First time in Sci-Fi...

And the readers seem to be quite generous in their marks, I note a couple of 5s in there, Incest/taboo can be quite hard work, brutal at times.
 
I almost made the Geek Pride deadline.

I hate it when real life smacks you around like a racquet ball and you can't seem to get the fun stuff done.

In any case, I tagged it, so it should be findable. Once it gets approved and published it will be out for all to see.

The title is "A Job Too Far".

James
 
I almost made the Geek Pride deadline.

I hate it when real life smacks you around like a racquet ball and you can't seem to get the fun stuff done.

In any case, I tagged it, so it should be findable. Once it gets approved and published it will be out for all to see.

The title is "A Job Too Far".

James

Put the Geek day thing in the notes box and I’ll ask Laurel if she can add it to the event page
 
Put the Geek day thing in the notes box and I’ll ask Laurel if she can add it to the event page

Thanks Chloe. I did put the tags in when I posted it for review.

I have been surprised by the response. My story was a slap together piece that has been kicking around my head ever since I found one of the channels on my cable provider was running the old Babylon 5 episodes.

I did get one helpful comment though, reminding me that this is "an erotic literature site". That made me laugh. Out loud.

Thanks again Chloe for taking up the mantle and MCing this event. It was fun.

James
 
My story (You Promised Me Geeks) is in NonHuman and it's received more views (just under 7K) than many of my much older stories have. Almost double the views my "One Night in Vegas" got for the One Night event in Science Fiction & Fantasy. It's the very last story listed on the official Event page so no idea if that's been any kind of factor in the number of views.

It started with a high rating then got hit with some possibly concerted down voting for no knowable reason and has slowly climbed back to the 4.5 "Hot" level.

Only three comments but all were extremely positive and asked for "more of these two girls." They were all Anonymous, but hey, I'll take compliments from anywhere!

I'd always planned a sequel, Real Life has a way of getting in the way and I also had some other stories already in the pipeline to finish.

A fun event and a story that I had lots of fun writing. It didn't really go the way I'd originally anticipated but my lead characters convinced me where it needed to go and since the story existed because I'd come up with them, not the plot so much, I listened.
 
Back
Top