YES. You buyin'?

I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin here
Your voice sounds so wonderful
But yer face don't look too clear
So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o brew
Honey, why don't we get drunk and screw

;) Hi Ella

This event in Cincinnati looks like a blast Bockfest

Anyone want to try out to be the Sausage Queen ?

checkin_yelp.jpg

In the weeks leading up to Bockfest™, each participating venue will select its Queen contestant for the 2014 finale, held at the Hall during Bockfest™. At each venue, a panel of “expert” judges (“expert” means easily bribed with Little Kings) will determine the best applicant based on the following criteria:

Personality
All contestants are required to have one, and having a good one is typically helpful. The sum total of a contestant’s personality is arbitrarily judged by his or her responses to a series of ridiculous questions.

Presence
The contestant must look good carrying a sausage and have diva tendencies. The winners of each preliminary round will represent that bar in the Sausage Queen finals. Therefore, you must possess the presence to fulfill this heady responsibility with honor, dignity, class, grace, or the complete and utter lack of any of these traits.

Talent
What kind of “talent” should the Sausage Queen 2013 display? That is a question that only you can answer. Surprise us. (But be warned that after seven years of conducting this competition, it is getting progressively harder to surprise us.)

I had roughly 26 kinds beer over the weekend. Mostly from local dayton, ohio breweries as I went on a tour of 6 of them.... .. well 5 but had beers of a 6th...

Delish....

This event in Cincinnati looks like a blast Bockfest

Anyone want to try out to be the Sausage Queen ?

checkin_yelp.jpg

In the weeks leading up to Bockfest™, each participating venue will select its Queen contestant for the 2014 finale, held at the Hall during Bockfest™. At each venue, a panel of “expert” judges (“expert” means easily bribed with Little Kings) will determine the best applicant based on the following criteria:

Personality
All contestants are required to have one, and having a good one is typically helpful. The sum total of a contestant’s personality is arbitrarily judged by his or her responses to a series of ridiculous questions.

Presence
The contestant must look good carrying a sausage and have diva tendencies. The winners of each preliminary round will represent that bar in the Sausage Queen finals. Therefore, you must possess the presence to fulfill this heady responsibility with honor, dignity, class, grace, or the complete and utter lack of any of these traits.

Talent
What kind of “talent” should the Sausage Queen 2013 display? That is a question that only you can answer. Surprise us. (But be warned that after seven years of conducting this competition, it is getting progressively harder to surprise us.)
Bockfest is awesome ;)

I've been drinking cask-conditioned beers at this event for the last three hours with a daughter's boyfriend. They were very good. Although it is only 4:15 in the afternoon, it feels like 11 pm at the moment. :D

I had some fantastic beers last night...... had 3 fat heads...oompa loompa..holly jolly..and bumble berry...man that fucking oompa loompa was amazing.

I also had hobbling chouffe. ......ooooo and I entrenched blithering Idiot which was amazing..

Also had ten fidy and black b utte porter... ooo and mystic mama...and brooklyn blast..

After looking through my untapped..now I know why I feel crappy.

Near St. Paddy's Day, I went to a beer store to pick up some beer/liquor and was beckoned over by a gentleman showcasing Belgian beers. I tried several in all….about 7-8 of them and sadly for the life of me, I can't remember them all. We started light and all were good save for one (it wasn't terrible, just not for me) until we got to the last beer.

Rodenbach Grand Cru…..it had more of a red wine taste to it than beer, which not being much of a wine fan, I was shocked that I liked it. Definitely will pick up some more my next visit to that store.

rodenbach-grand-cru.jpg

I had an awesome beer haul on Monday out of Dayton.

Last edited:
Another successful Beer tasting last night.... introduced good beer to those who would not normally drink it.

My new current favorite is raubeus from founders and samual smiths organic chocolate. ...amazing

I like the Samuel Smith Taddy Porter and had an Innis & Gunn Rum barrel that was really tasty!

The problem with rum barrel aged beer is that it makes it taste like rum. :rolleyes: The I&G Irish Whiskey Cask, however, is exceptional.

hi. I don't know you, and I don't know very much about beer, but I like to be tipsy.

you think i'm friendly on the boards, you should see me after I've chugged four greyhounds back-to-back.

I'm a big fan of friendly. ;)

attachment.php

I'm working late tonight, but hopefully I'll get into the cooler full of these....

BigSkyIPAHoldMyBeer1013.jpg

Last edited:
Back