Punk rock, Hardcore, Oi!, Metal, Ska, Indie (and whatever else) Discussion and Anarchy thread

I remember hearing “I hate people” on a the local college radio station. We used to tape the shows with a cassette recorder, to listen to later.

There was no internet then! It was prolly 1983/4! 😀
I was doing that in the mid 90s too 😂

I didn't exactly live in the middle of nowhere, but I was 12 so I definitely didn't have any money😂😂
I didn’t really either. West Jersey almost PA. It was rural back then, but it prob felt worse that what it was bcz we couldn’t drive yet.

I was thinking about the tracks that didn't make it to the album version of my favorite movie soundtrack, and had to go find this one.

"Urban Struggle" The Vandals

the Ramones played their first show on March 30th, 1974. (I was 7. No I was not there 😀)

Show was at the Performance Space in NYC.

Last edited:
Theee years later, they played CBGB, opening for the Talking Heads on March 31, 1977.

released on March 31st 1982, the album Generic Flipper came out.

Always liked Flipper, Altho I only saw them once and they were awful.

Sex Bomb - Flipper

More Ramones history. on April 1, 1979, it’s alive, came out.

I saw them several in the 80s. They were always incredibly tight, and fast. Nothing fancy, no talk between sets. They would stop one, Dee Dee would wait three or four seconds and then shout out “1,2,3,4” and they’d launch into the next song.

If you’ve never seen the Ramones, try to check out Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg. It’s as close to the real thing as you’ll get. my wife and I saw them last December and they played 44 songs in a little over an hour!

On this day in 1976, The Buzzcocks played their first ever live show at the Bolton Institute Of Technology.

The power was turned off after three songs. But they persevered and turned into one of the most influential pop punk bands of all time IMO.

Yesterday was Ian MacKaye’s birthday. Born in 1962, Washington DC.

The singer for The Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Fugazi. He left a massive impression on all of hardcore in the US abroad.

Not only was he in all of those bands, but he was the co-owner of Dischord records, one of the most important and successful independent labels in the hardcore scene.

Also, a musician, songwriter, and seemingly all around great guy!

41 years ago on Monday, April 15th 1983, 'Rock for Light' is the second full-length album by The Bad Brains, produced by The Cars' Ric Ocasek.

41 years ago today (April 13, 1983), The Clash's Joe Strummer ran the London Marathon, finishing in 4 hours 13 minutes.

He claims his workout included 10 pints of beer the night before. Not sure if true, or urban legend or a little bit of both!

Photo by Steve Rapport

On April 18th 1977, the Misfits played their first ever show at CBGBs.

That was 46 years ago. I was not there… I was 10 yo! 😂

33 years ago yesterday, 1991.

John Anthony Genzale aka Johnny Thunders, probably best known for being in the New York dolls, and Heartbreakers, passed away. RIP

One of the saddest songs ever ever written IMO. “ you can’t put your arm around the memory.”

Most people probably know the song as the New York dolls version, but he was the loan author. “ subway train”

Back