😔What do you miss? 🤔

I like them all but prefer the earlier 71 thru 75 models
I wish I could say that I like them all but frankly, I think the 79-81 is hideous. The bumper is gross. I think most of the Gen 3 Trans Ams were cool, but there was one or two years that the nose was ugly… and a frankly think all the 93 and newer F-bodys were gross (not talking about the modern “wish I were a 69” cars… they are s subject all to themselves).

I do dig the early 70’s T/As.. I would gladly build any of them, given the opportunity. 😊😊😊

I had to think about this for a bit.
I think I miss college. I miss that security and simplicity and freedom I had.

I remember being a child and walking down to the Penny Candy Store, with my allowance and getting a brown bag full of.....wonderful, delicious, sugary goodies.

Laffy Taffy, flavored tootsie rolls, Mike & Ikes, chick-o-sticks, candy cigerattes, etc, etc.

The pure joy of picking your treats out, the excitement of getting home and eating them.

The world has stolen and pounded out the joy of childhood anymore.

I remember being a child and walking down to the Penny Candy Store, with my allowance and getting a brown bag full of.....wonderful, delicious, sugary goodies.

Laffy Taffy, flavored tootsie rolls, Mike & Ikes, chick-o-sticks, candy cigerattes, etc, etc.

The pure joy of picking your treats out, the excitement of getting home and eating them.

The world has stolen and pounded out the joy of childhood anymore.
Oh yeah! I grew up in Portland and as a kid would walk the 10 blocks or so to the neighborhood pharmacy, are 12 blocks or so to school and the local Plaid Pantry… like, at 8 years old. I don’t think I would be willing to do either of those same walks now, unless I am armed (which is probably illegal there now). 🙄

I moved away years ago when it was clearly turning into a crap hole)

Oh yeah! I grew up in Portland and as a kid would walk the 10 blocks or so to the neighborhood pharmacy, are 12 blocks or so to school and the local Plaid Pantry… like, at 8 years old. I don’t think I would be willing to do either of those same walks now, unless I am armed (which is probably illegal there now). 🙄

I moved away years ago when it was clearly turning into a crap hole)
What would you get at the Pharmacy or the Plaid Pantry Brenda???

I never go anywhere without my 9 and 3 clips.

What would you get at the Pharmacy or the Plaid Pantry Brenda???

I never go anywhere without my 9 and 3 clips.
Candy! And the pharmacy still had an old school soda bar!!! Plaid Pantry put in a pepsi machine so I could get 32 ounce pepsi… that was more than I could drink, but oh so cool! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Candy! And the pharmacy still had an old school soda bar!!! Plaid Pantry put in a pepsi machine so I could get 32 ounce pepsi… that was more than I could drink, but oh so cool! 🥰🥰🥰🥰
The old school soda bars were so cool.
All the different flavors and kinds of sodas.
You could pick a new one, everyday.

The old school soda bars were so cool.
All the different flavors and kinds of sodas.
You could pick a new one, everyday.
Frankly, I am kind of glad I am not there. Today there is likely graffiti over everything, bars on all the windows, and the two big parks in my neighborhood are probably full of homeless folks. I already know for sure one is, I stumbled onto a news vid about it. I doubt I will ever return there.

Frankly, I am kind of glad I am not there. Today there is likely graffiti over everything, bars on all the windows, and the two big parks in my neighborhood are probably full of homeless folks. I already know for sure one is, I stumbled onto a news vid about it. I doubt I will ever return there.
I'm sorry to hear that your childhood home has become the shithole that it is today.
I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak it gives you.

I used to want to go to Oregon.
Now, I don't even wanna look it on a map.

I'm thankful that I was able to get to see Seattle, before it turned into the human waste disposal system that it has become.

I'm sorry to hear that your childhood home has become the shithole that it is today.
I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak it gives you.

I used to want to go to Oregon.
Now, I don't even wanna look it on a map.

I'm thankful that I was able to get to see Seattle, before it turned into the human waste disposal system that it has become.
in all fairness - if you are not in the Portland, there are lots of wonderful places in Oregon still. The coast from Newport on down to California is still awesome. Rural Oregon still has it’s personality. I love going up to Crater Lake… that place is mesmerizing and totally freaky at the same time (not the people, they are great).

in all fairness - if you are not in the Portland, there are lots of wonderful places in Oregon still. The coast from Newport on down to California is still awesome. Rural Oregon still has it’s personality. I love going up to Crater Lake… that place is mesmerizing and totally freaky at the same time (not the people, they are great).
I can imagine there are still some people there with common sense. LOL.
I'd love to meet and talk to those folks.

I wasa theater kid in high school and a bit in college, lately I've been missing those days of rehearsals and hanging with fellow theater nerds.

I wasa theater kid in high school and a bit in college, lately I've been missing those days of rehearsals and hanging with fellow theater nerds.
Reading this, made me realize something I really miss… I played in professional cover bands around Reno and Lake Tahoe… that was so much fun! Really challenging, but so much fun!

Not quite theater, but I totally get it. 🥰🥰🥰

Back