• 6 - 10

Votes: 39 14.0%
  • > 10

Votes: 59 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa Chained. *snicker*

I apologize for the derailment. I couldn't help but be amused at that.

Carry on.

*still chuckling*

Have my Lit friends gotten soft? Preferring the fluff of Christmas vs the deeper question? I hope not, nothing wrong with fluff per se, but sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate much deeper. And we all like it deeper, don't we? :devil:

But how deep, no sense going too deep, because what's the fun in that. So, as everything, it's a balance. Keeping the balance is always harder than going too deep or too shallow. the question here is how deep is is deep enough? When is introspection no longer fun? What's the threshold where you say "not today" and go in search of fluff?

Have my Lit friends gotten soft? Preferring the fluff of Christmas vs the deeper question? I hope not, nothing wrong with fluff per se, but sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate much deeper. And we all like it deeper, don't we? :devil:

But how deep, no sense going too deep, because what's the fun in that. So, as everything, it's a balance. Keeping the balance is always harder than going too deep or too shallow. the question here is how deep is is deep enough? When is introspection no longer fun? What's the threshold where you say "not today" and go in search of fluff?

I have none. I go too far, always.

Have my Lit friends gotten soft? Preferring the fluff of Christmas vs the deeper question? I hope not, nothing wrong with fluff per se, but sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate much deeper. And we all like it deeper, don't we?

I avoided yesterday’s question intentionally. I wasn’t sure that I could articulate my feelings on the matter and still remain tactful. The question was one that could have become quite controversial, so I chose to refrain; however, Collar N Cuffs definitely expressed an opinion that would be very close to mine. In many ways, I tend to agree with her. The line in the sand is a difficult one to draw and I think if we were all honest with ourselves, we have all been there, and it’s a difficult place to be.

I can’t turn it off, deep introspection. It is just something that I do, an inherent part of who I am. I don’t feel a need to turn it off. I can introspect and do many other things at the same time. The challenge with deep introspection, for me, is when I finally come full circle on something that I have been pondering, and along with that comes the opportunity for personal responsibility or growth on a matter, having the tenacity to stick with that, accept my reality, and not go in search of fluff at that point, if that makes any sense. In other words, “own my shit”.

I always prefer fluffglitter on the threads. I visit the PG for fun&silliness&frivolity. That said, I will turn SeriousMouse when I feel I must. PMs, emails, and such are for the deeper discussion.

Answering today's question...

As I said before, I am deeper than whale pussy. Some conversations are nice to just be fluffy and light, but for the most part, I enjoy a few quality conversations or relationships rather than carrying on with half of the world. [begin sarcasm]While I'm definitely that interesting, not everyone else is. :D [/sarcasm]

And Papa Chained, your question from yesterday was a good one. I liked it and the responses.

Last edited:
While I'm definitely that interesting, not everyone else is. :D

Pmann, really? Everyone is interesting because everyone is unique and different. I've always admired you for your rock hard...

Uh-hum...

Confidence.

But, you're getting a little carried away here, just sayin'. :rolleyes:

I could have answered yesterday’s question. Did, in fact. I see the question and get like a dog on point, all serious and deep and stuff. Always. :eek: Occasionally, just occasionally mind :D, it occurs to me that others may not be all that interested in hearing/reading me pontificate. That’s why I didn’t post my answer.

What’s too deep? Is there such a thing? I always go deep. Honestly, I don’t know how to do anything else. I often wish I did. I can turn the volume down with effort, but it always seems to creep back up when I’m not looking.

As far as yesterday’s question being controversial, the thought hadn’t occurred…but I see how it could be so. Maybe that’s why I didn’t answer. Yesterday's "line" was a very personal thing. Everyone's is going to be different. What I think of as right or wrong is usually pretty clearly defined, really too much so, and to an unreasonable degree. It often makes life difficult, it’s hard to be happy, or even content, if you always feel you’re failing your inner moral compass. :eek:

No one else’s answer was quite the same as mine, though a couple touched on similar aspects. Maybe that’s why I didn’t answer. When younger I was always getting into trouble (pissing people off actually) by expressing opinions they found insulting. Entirely unintentional on my part, btw. Not that I’m above deliberately pissing people off! :D But, doing so unintentionally - a lot - does rather give one the feeling even casual conversation is set with mine fields. Now I’ll sometimes opt of of talk where I know my ideas will upset the status quo.

As usual, I’ve kinda lost my way in the question. See what I mean? :rolleyes:

Hmmm. I guess I don’t really think there is a “too” deep. Rather just questions we, individually, may not be interested in answering on a public forum.

Gosh! Almost 5000 posts! :eek:

I always enjoy hearing/reading others pontificate.

In so much that I actually torture myself with trying to read Freud and Nietzsche to absolutely no avail. :confused:

Papa Chained??
Deeper is better?
This is hardcore. :rolleyes:

I refuse to accept how fluffy I usually am around here..

I always enjoy hearing/reading others pontificate.

In so much that I actually torture myself with trying to read Freud and Nietzsche to absolutely no avail. :confused:

Freud is, mostly, unhelpful, at least compared with his later interpreters and interpolators. Nietzsche is, for me, irreplaceable.

Freud is, mostly, unhelpful, at least compared with his later interpreters and interpolators. Nietzsche is, for me, irreplaceable.

Agreed, Des. I adore Nietzsche. The man had a beautiful irreplaceable and brilliant mind. *sigh*

Holy Moly!

I hope I'm a little more comprehensible than that!!! :eek:

lol, of course you are, but you are a very bright and intelligent lady, indeed. :rose:

Pmann, really? Everyone is interesting because everyone is unique and different. I've always admired you for your rock hard...

Uh-hum...

Confidence.

But, you're getting a little carried away here, just sayin'. :rolleyes:

I was saying that tongue in cheek. Perhaps we DO need sarcasm font.

I'm obnoxious, but not that bad.

I was saying that tongue in cheek. Perhaps we DO need sarcasm font.

I'm obnoxious, but not that bad.

Yes, we do need sarcasm font because I was responding tongue in cheek, as well.

I knew you were just being Pmann.

ETA: I'm really sorry if that came off as rude or abrupt. I was really just joking, hence the "just sayin'" at the end. *hug*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back