Votes: 70 25.1%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 39 14.0%
  • > 10

Votes: 59 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have my Lit friends gotten soft? Preferring the fluff of Christmas vs the deeper question? I hope not, nothing wrong with fluff per se, but sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate much deeper. And we all like it deeper, don't we? :devil:

But how deep, no sense going too deep, because what's the fun in that. So, as everything, it's a balance. Keeping the balance is always harder than going too deep or too shallow. the question here is how deep is is deep enough? When is introspection no longer fun? What's the threshold where you say "not today" and go in search of fluff?

I search for fluff most days....because if I go too deep....:rolleyes:.....i start to feel conflicted. I know I can't have many things both ways so I simply accept what is and fluff on....

I as for liking it deeper....*silence*:eek:

Nerd note....according to unreliablepaedia...a backwards question mark denotes irony or sarcasm.....

problem solved...lol♡

Have my Lit friends gotten soft? Preferring the fluff of Christmas vs the deeper question? I hope not, nothing wrong with fluff per se, but sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate much deeper. And we all like it deeper, don't we? :devil:

But how deep, no sense going too deep, because what's the fun in that. So, as everything, it's a balance. Keeping the balance is always harder than going too deep or too shallow. the question here is how deep is is deep enough? When is introspection no longer fun? What's the threshold where you say "not today" and go in search of fluff?

The threshold is reached when I turn the same question around in my head over and over again without reaching a new insight. Then I deliberately have to push it to the background for a while with fluff.

I like it deep.

Wait, what are we talking about? I didn't read the question...

The obvious innuendo has been well and truly addressed. But not the issue of sharing. If we all like it deeper because sharing the thoughts that result from deep introspection can resonate with us....doesn't this suggested, Chained, that we might all benefit from such thoughts of yours? Would your own introspection be no longer fun if you found yourself sharing those thoughts?
Will I take any opportunity to encourage you to share your thoughts about the question of the day? Yes. :devil:

For me, being challenged to think introspectively is a good thing, but if those thoughts change my mood for the worse, I'm likely to go in search of fluff. I'm here as a distraction from my life, not for it to add to any perceived problems. If those thoughts help me gain an appreciation of another's situation, or give me a better perspective on the topic, then I'd most likely be happy to share, at least on this thread.

"Chained, answer your own question. We want to hear your thoughts" - 'tis music to my ears. I've heard that request countless times and countless times I respond with the prerogative of the OP clause. Nowhere does it say that this thread is of my views, my thoughts. I'm the provocateur, the facilitator, and at times the sheriff. Occasionally I might offer a nugget but the betting money is in me to not answer the questions.

Because the above paragraph was a bit on the arrogant side (who says I'm not self-aware) how do draw the line between confidence and arrogance? We all like confidence but it is also addicting. The more you have the more likely you are to display it and then all of a sudden you wake up realizing you're the arrogant ass in the room.

I've tried to be hideous, but I can't pull it off very well. :D
happy-to-see-you.jpg

"Chained, answer your own question. We want to hear your thoughts" - 'tis music to my ears. I've heard that request countless times and countless times I respond with the prerogative of the OP clause. Nowhere does it say that this thread is of my views, my thoughts. I'm the provocateur, the facilitator, and at times the sheriff. Occasionally I might offer a nugget but the betting money is in me to not answer the questions.

Because the above paragraph was a bit on the arrogant side (who says I'm not self-aware) how do draw the line between confidence and arrogance? We all like confidence but it is also addicting. The more you have the more likely you are to display it and then all of a sudden you wake up realizing you're the arrogant ass in the room.

I think confidence is what we do: arrogant is how we can be seen. I doubt anyone wishes to comes across as arrogant, since it is a purely negative trait. But I think it is hard, if not impossible, to perceive one's own arrogance. Moreover, it is so subjective. One person's confident man or woman is someone else's unbearable oaf, and with exactly the same data.

I don't know, is correcting someone's grammar when it doesn't need fixing arrogant, or is simply an error?

Addicting - technically a synonym of addictive. "The trend is to use addicting in reference to non addictive things that engender repeated indulgence" - grammarist.com

^Fixed.

:D (Was that arrogant?) LOL

Now me, I'm a timid lad. People are always telling me that I lack self confidence and I should be more assertive about shit. But that's just not me, ya know?

Well here is the deal... Self confidence is nice. I would say arrogance becomes a problem when you start to belittle people. Or when you think you're better than people.

It's sometimes hard to strike a balance between arrogance and self-confidence, especially when you are so much better than so many people.

Hi guys,

I'm closing this thread as it has over 5,000 posts. You can find the new thread here.

Cheers :rose:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back