If Roe v. Wade is overturned

I hope you all realize, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, that throws the whole issue into the legislatures -- which is the worst thing that could happen to the GOP electorally. A lot of people who now vote Pub in good conscience, as a gesture, knowing it won't really affect access to abortion, will stop doing so.

If I were a member of a party that was concerned about this, I'd probably try to rig things to make actual public opinion irrelevant, via unelected judges writing their personal beliefs into law, and via gaming of the electoral process. Anyone know whether these are taking place?

I hope you all realize, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, that throws the whole issue into the legislatures -- which is the worst thing that could happen to the GOP electorally. A lot of people who now vote Pub in good conscience, as a gesture, knowing it won't really affect access to abortion, will stop doing so.

...and the Federal government could always codify Roe.

Others will retreat from politics and resume their passive wait for the Second Coming of Christ.

It is worth remembering that before the 1970s, deeply and traditionally religious Americans tended to just avoid politics entirely, as an occasion of sin.

Every woman or girl who has an abortion is carrying a child she does not want to raise. If abortion becomes illegal in many states, what are we doing to do with all those unwanted children? I do not think there are a lot of people who want to adopt them.

Every woman or girl who has an abortion is carrying a child she does not want to raise. If abortion becomes illegal in many states, what are we doing to do with all those unwanted children? I do not think there are a lot of people who want to adopt them.

Overturning Roe will not end abortion. It will end safe abortion in large portions of the country, at least for the time being.

In my experience, whenever you say "Lie to yourself," it is you who is lying. And whenever you say "2+2=5!" it you who is saying 2+2=3. And whenever you say "War is peace!" it is you who is saying war is orange.

And whenever you post we know we're about to be gaslit and bloviated to death.:D

It is worth remembering that before the 1970s, deeply and traditionally religious Americans tended to just avoid politics entirely, as an occasion of sin.

Jesus H. Christ but you are ignorant of scripture
and in no position therefore to divine purpose.

Emobo lose face!

YDB said "absolutely no one" setting the standard.

Learn to read Texas. :D

He did NOT say that, you lying fuck.

He said "no one"....you ascribed "absolutely" to him to move the goalposts, found some obscure dingleberry who may or may not have said that, and then you declared "victory" becoz "teh exception proves the rule" like I indicated above.

Learn to debate Minnesota. :D

#AscriptionAgain
#IfOneThenAll

Jesus H. Christ but you are ignorant of scripture
and in no position therefore to divine purpose.

I'm not talking about scripture, I'm talking about American political history. What scripture sheds any light on this?

He said "no one"....you ascribed "absolutely" to him to move the goalposts, found some obscure dingleberry who may or may not have said that, and then you declared "victory" becoz "teh exception proves the rule" like I indicated above.

#AscriptionAgain
#IfOneThenAll

That doesn't move the goal post though. It doesn't alter his message meaning in the slightest.

That's not ascription either, that's what your #IfoneThenAll lie is.

Learn what your words and phrases mean Texas :D

Rob, revealing just how pathetic he is every time he tries to step up to me. :cool:

#AscriptionAgain
#IfOneThenAll

Oh my... such hyperbole. It's as if "absolutely no one" is any different than "no one" or even "no one at all."

I wonder if you can tell us how many people aren't included in "no one" so that you can rationalize your belief "no one" doesn't really mean "absolutely no one."

Oh my... such hyperbole. It's as if "absolutely no one" is any different than "no one" or even "no one at all."

I wonder if you can tell us how many people aren't included in "no one" so that you can rationalize your belief "no one" doesn't really mean "absolutely no one."

He thought he finally had a "Got-cha!!!" moment....LOL

And used it to dementated he doesn't have the slightest clue what ascription is or what "move the goalpost" means..... for the 10,000th time. You figured he would look these things up and figure them out at some point, but no....Rob insists on his ignorance. No wonder he never puts his money where his mouth is and moves to a "progressive" shit hole....even the wouldn't tolerate his ass and now poor Texas is stuck with him dragging their statistics as a state down. :D

He thought he finally had a "Got-cha!!!" moment....LOL

And used it to dementated he doesn't have the slightest clue what ascription is or what "move the goalpost" means..... for the 10,000th time. You figured he would look these things up and figure them out at some point, but no....Rob insists on his ignorance. No wonder he never puts his money where his mouth is and moves to a "progressive" shit hole....even the wouldn't tolerate his ass and now poor Texas is stuck with him dragging their statistics as a state down. :D

There are many people on this board who don't debate the points raised and instead debate personalities or linguistics and think they're "winning."

I am in favor of free abortion at any stage of pregnancy. I do not care about "a woman's right to choose." I like the eugenic benefits of abortion. Females who have abortions rarely have anything of value to contribute to the progress of human evolution.

I worry about an undergraduate at Vassar who aborts the results of an encounter with a Rhodes Scholar. Many childless married couples would love to adopt that child. Fortunately, young women like that rarely have abortions.

Last edited:
Once a sweet young lady called me on the telephone and asked, "Are you pro life, or pro choice?"

I replied, "Thank you for this call. I enjoy expressing my opinions. I am not really pro choice, because I believe that those who are biologically inferior should be sterilized."

At that point the phone line went dead. There must have been something wrong with the connection. I should have called the phone company about it. I was looking forward to explaining why I am not pro life either.

I am in favor of free abortion at any stage of pregnancy. I do not care about "a woman's right to choose." I like the eugenic benefits of abortion. Females who have abortions rarely have anything of value to contribute to the progress of human evolution.

You do realize, I hope, that at present, eugenics is not exactly a science. Not enough is known about human genetics.

If more were known . . . we might have a scenario like in David Weber's Honor Harrington novels. Check those out, focusing attention on the Mesan Alignment.

Last edited:
That doesn't move the goal post though. It doesn't alter his message meaning in the slightest.
That's not ascription either, that's what your #IfoneThenAll lie is.
Learn what your words and phrases mean Texas :D
Rob, revealing just how pathetic he is every time he tries to step up to me. :cool:

yes yes "Exception proves rule! Exception proves rule! I win! I WIN DAMMIT!" :rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that, Karean.

#IfOneThenAll

Poll this morning shows 60% of all Americans support keeping Roe v. Wade intact.

But as Conager sez, "that's less than half!"

#PatriotMaths
#2+2=5

You do realize, I hope, that at present, eugenics is not exactly a science. Not enough is known about human genetics.

If more were known . . . we might have a scenario like in David Weber's Honor Harrington novels. Check those out, focusing attention on the Mesan Alignment.

Those were good books until the scale got too big.

Back in the day Shockley's bonus incentive program would have paid folk with what is now called intellectual disability money to be sterilized.

Back