• 2. The Cooling

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 3. Handfull

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 4. Hands

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
#1 reminds me of a Modigliani painting..bold, stylized and passionate.
I found the tangent of the thumb to nose a bit distracting. I know that can happen when making very spontaneous works.
The title reaffirms my impression of the woman pressed to a plate of glass.. perhaps by an unseen lover behind. mmmm

#2 is yummy ... the two women full and soft... their entices me.I LOVE the way it is drawn...light and fly away.... their pussies totally inviting. the weight and softness of their breasts is tangible. the clothes being pulled away.... the multitude of hands of mysterious origin strike me with the idea of desire.. wishingto touch and feel every bit of these two. Tho' titled "The Cooling"... it is HOT!

#3 depicts a sureal passionate eroticism that is not too unlike that of #2... Does the man HAVE 6 arms? or does it just seem that way with his hands everywhere?
His Octopus tattoo gives a clue that perhaps he actually is some sort of 8 limbed being (discounting his insistent cock against the small of her back...and including his legs in the 8 count). I also lke that the woman is raised up on her toes. That there is bit of danger implied with his hand on her throat...but tempered with the fact that she licks his finger.

#4 I love this! The one I voted for. I enjoy the water color work.... loose but not too loose (lautrec heh heh..get i? ha). The feeling of feeling is there the anatomy good, but not slavishly "tight". The hands are nearly clenched...in a good way.. with intensity of the moment!

The corset along with the passionate red color adding to the sexuality of the scene.... perhaps a show for a lover? perhaps she is astride him....?
I wondered about taking a bit of the corset red to punctuate the nipples... not too heavily...? perhaps something to test in photoshop... I'd hate to ruin the simplicity of the bi-color painting.

What made your choice so clear?

I am always curious what moves people?

For me it was the passion and truthfully the roughness of the 3rd one. It's the way I like to be handled and it was conveyed so clearly through the drawing.

All the art is beautiful but I imagine most people would choose based on which one spoke to them the loudest.

And you are welcome :)

Yes, that is what I would expect. I like to hear what they heard when they were spoken to.

All the entries were great, this art jam just gets better and better!

1. had a special feeling to me, I know that pressed against the glass, wild abandoned , going at it passion. Very well communicated in this painting. The updated image is great!

2. was my vote in this challenge, the fly away style, anf the nice weight transfer, with the all surrounding hands really made this drawing move. I'm still a bit befuzzled by the title, hoping to hear from the artist when the challenge ends.

3. I thought had a raw roughness to it, the two lovers lost in there pleasure, awesome concept! The striking things that I really liked in the drawing was the octopus tattoo, quite telling, i'm thinking multi-armed being, and the woman's stance on her toes, really gave the hands force.

4. I liked the roughness of the hands embrace. I felt the intense red colour was a nice contrast to the skin tones, the woman's left hand is good, the right, well not so much.

Last edited:
Good convos, people...this is the kind of "erotic artists salon" that I love to be in!

Now, if only we were all actually at a table or bar with drinks and snacks and being hipster art snobs, like they used to do in the forties, fifties and sixties...:D

Good convos, people...this is the kind of "erotic artists salon" that I love to be in!

Now, if only we were all actually at a table or bar with drinks and snacks and being hipster art snobs, like they used to do in the forties, fifties and sixties...:D

hey Irezumi!

Isn't the *art world* still that way to some extent? I really like what's happening on the west and east coast art scene, lot's of young fresh artists emerging! very cool

That would be great!

1. The pressed-in-a-glass finger-in-the-nose look was too distracting for me.

2. The hair is wrong. A silly thing maybe, but that's what lost me.

3. This one has two things that took me out of it. First are the body shapes, including the feet. And the second is the spider tat on his arm.

4. Sensual and simple. This one got my vote.

My reasons might be lame, but there you have it. :)

1. The pressed-in-a-glass finger-in-the-nose look was too distracting for me.

2. The hair is wrong. A silly thing maybe, but that's what lost me.

3. This one has two things that took me out of it. First are the body shapes, including the feet. And the second is the spider tat on his arm.

4. Sensual and simple. This one got my vote.

My reasons might be lame, but there you have it. :)

Not "lame"...they are yours.. and that is good enough.:rose:
funny...the hair in #2 attracted me. it looked wind blown.

#3 the body shapes are a bit weird fer sure. as for the tat..I believe taht is an octopus, not as if that would make it more palatable.:rolleyes:

( i voted for #4 too)

Not "lame"...they are yours.. and that is good enough.:rose:
funny...the hair in #2 attracted me. it looked wind blown.

#3 the body shapes are a bit weird fer sure. as for the tat..I believe taht is an octopus, not as if that would make it more palatable.:rolleyes:

( i voted for #4 too)

I have no problem with tats, since I have them myself. But an octopus/spider doesn't go along with an erotic drawing, I guess. :confused:

The hair looks as if the wind is blowing at the moment, but nothing else in the drawing made me think they were outside. So it seemed out of place.

I have no problem with tats, since I have them myself. But an octopus/spider doesn't go along with an erotic drawing, I guess. :confused:

The hair looks as if the wind is blowing at the moment, but nothing else in the drawing made me think they were outside. So it seemed out of place.

Not even on a 6 armed dude? LOL

I think the window was open!
no..the title suggested cooling off...so perhaps been in the sun on the beach a breeze blowing...suits coming off...HEY..that just makes things HOTTER!:cool:

No Octopus? Lynn, have you ever seen the Japanese woodcut of the Dream of the Fisherman's Wife?

http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/1/3017.jpg

I liked them all, I narrowed it down bwetween 2 and 4. It was a difficult choice but i chose 4 just for the effect of the water color in the warm, fuzzy and a little sensual. Two first looked soft and flowing but the more I looked at it, it became starked and cool if that makes any sense.

No Octopus? Lynn, have you ever seen the Japanese woodcut of the Dream of the Fisherman's Wife?

or THROBBS dreams?
attachment.php

attachment.php

If it doesn't turn her on..or turns her off. That's ok.

Last edited:
Not even on a 6 armed dude? LOL

I think the window was open!
no..the title suggested cooling off...so perhaps been in the sun on the beach a breeze blowing...suits coming off...HEY..that just makes things HOTTER!:cool:
Oh, I was supposed to pay attention to the title as well as the drawing?? :eek:

Thankfully I can say I had not . . . before today. :rolleyes:

Oh, I was supposed to pay attention to the title as well as the drawing?? :eek:

Haha! yes! the title's an intregal part of the piece in some cases, however, Im poor at incorporating title and picture

Thankfully I can say I had not . . . before today. :rolleyes:

not a fan?

Back