2009 challenge V.1 "Pen"

Please vote for you favorite solution to the challenge word "Pen"

• 1. "Power of the Pen"

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 2. "Sharpie"

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 3. "Inspiration" (color & Mono count as one)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 4. "Harley Study"

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 5. "Saw, Conquered, Came"

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 6. "Literotica To Do List"

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 7. "1st snow / Parchment"

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 8. "Pen"

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 9. "Pen"

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have a WINNER!... #9 "Pen" by kinkikittyn.
I will reveal the Artists' names....on each posting.

Thanks to EVERYONE for Imaginative entries and voting participation!
Let's do more!

I Loved this!
It is so cool to see a glimpse of how people think and translate!

Big success!

Everyone wins!

Of course now kiki has to present the NEXT challenge word!:D

I Loved this!
It is so cool to see a glimpse of how people think and translate!

Big success!

Everyone wins!

Of course now kiki has to present the NEXT challenge word!:D

I totally agree, I was very excited to see the pieces go up, looking forward to cup also... what word will kiki pick... hmmm... curious...

Congratulations kinkikittyn , terrific work :rose:

And to everyone else as well , great job !

Thank you Throbbs, Neci, Austin & Chainzz.

Thank you to everyone who participated and voted!:rose::kiss:

this was fun. and a big :kiss: to Throbbs for getting the art challenges going again!

I loved seeing how everyone interpreted the word and the many different techniques!

xoxoxox

ok I have the "word" ready and will post that in a new thread. . . right here

Last edited:
Japanese for "Congratulations!"

Well, at least I got 2 votes, lol. Key sounds fun, when I was a kid I had a collection of weird keys which didn't fit any actual locks - wore the prettiest, a silver skeleton key, on a necklace for a while. :cattail:

1. The Power of the Pen ~ by neci_please_me
attachment.php

I think this solution is really great! You can see the spontaneity of neci's hand.
Although it is easy to dismiss this work as "crude" or "not accurate", there is more humanity here than in many "tighter" pieces. I see some sophistication beyond what might at 1st seem a very symmetrical design... the male figure having one arm up , gripping the table and one down holding her head? clutching his thigh?, his work set aside, and the hanging light glowing in the upper right balances the small red pencil cup in the lower left of the desk.

I like to think that the woman was compelled to suck the seated writer, because, perhaps he had been reading aloud some powerful erotic poetry?

The atmospheric scribbles surrounding the figures adds both energy and a darkened mystery to the rendering.

I am reminded of some pen and ink drawings that I have seen in the past.... but...grrr....I cannot recall by whom.

2. Sharpie ~ by xssve
attachment.php

3rd Place (tie) for this challenge!

xssve's solution is clever and at once subtle and blatant! Subtle use of the pen concept. The title, "Sharpie", helps the viewer see beyond the baltant sexuality of the scene... to the sharpie permanent marker in the male figure's hand writing "fuck hole" on the woman's lower back. This just heightens the humiliation aspect of the woman's situation.

I enjoy the intensity of the line work on the figures contrasting the subtle rendering of the contextual furniture.

cool!:cool:
&
hot.:devil:
:D

3. Inspiration ~ by pattydraws
attachment.php

attachment.php

I often find it difficult to choose between a color version and a monochrome one.
The concept here eluded me for a moment... though it is literally spelled out.....
"Writer's block"...leads to the writer to write with pee in the snow for "inspiration"
He sets aside his pen for his penis. ( I know I have doen taht more than once! :D )

In the monochrome, I feel the concept of peeing-writing in snow is not as obvious as in the color version.
Of course one's "handwriting" with pee is never so tight and legible!
Still a fun idea!
and no spanking!?:confused::eek:

4. Harley Study ~ by austin8
attachment.php

Just got a LARGE version:
attachment.php

This is quite fun!
I have a personal fondness (a soft....no a hard spot) for Batman characters... especially Harleyquinn....visually.:D
I dig the outrageous sexual costuming and the anatomical distortions for the sake of extra lewdness!:D

Though a fun graphic illustraion, I suppose this was the weakest solution to the challenge word...even as a PEN and ink illustration. The other solution that austin8 presented fit the challenge better.

Sleeeepy.....
I want to coment on all the work, but teh rest will hav eto wait until I am more "With it"

1. The Power of the Pen ~ by neci_please_me
attachment.php

Ok let me say first off I'm by no means an art crtic I just now what I like and how I feel about a work.

neci's piece really caught me off guard. Working in a much more precise medium myself, her work rattled me a bit, at first.
But for some inexplicable reason I was compelled to look at this rendering more closely.

The emotion and personal feelings I get from it are hard to explain.
It was well balanced and the pen and paper added even more visual interest erotic prose perhaps?
but I felt as though I could actually 'see' her creating and enjoying her creation very much.

I look forward to commenting on the other entries as time permits.

Last edited:
2. Sharpie ~ by xssve
attachment.php

3rd Place (tie) for this challenge!

On to the next entry,

I enjoyed xssve's interpretation of the challenge word 'pen'.

I was somewhat taken aback by the hard lines of the male figures in the drawing, opposing the accurate shape of the female figure. I really had to concentrate on the overall image to 'get' the pen connection. However the title of the piece was absolutely on point... (get it, pen, point?)(a key ingredient in some cases, just as important as the art work it describes) and something I struggle with.

It was a bit difficult to actually see the sharpie. Although I did like his execution of the human form, but overall I didn't care for the rigidity of the male figures.

3. Inspiration ~ by pattydraws
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm sorry but I have to say as much as I enjoy Patty's work, I just didn't get the connection in her illustration,
until I read Throbbs critique (Thanx T!).

4. Harley Study ~ by austin8
attachment.php

attachment.php

My second entry I believe,

this was my second entry, lame as a 'pen' themed entry. However I really wanted to get some work on the board. it was prior to me starting my sketch book thread. I do think in retrospect that it detracted heavily from my first entry. But although I think the illustration is technically good, it's not exactly what I was going for. Oh well, I think Harley's hot.

Last edited:
5. Saw, Conquered, Came ~ by sunandshadow
attachment.php

SunandShadow does awesome digital things, as do other artist that post here.

I still struggle with even the most basic features of digital art programs. The theme was recognizable immediately. It gives the illusion of being easy to create, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I would love to see her do some 'old school' art. I'm still not sure how I feel about the digital imaging movement. I'm torn.

9. Pen ~ by austin8
attachment.php

2nd Place for this challenge!
attachment.php

i'm going to start at the bottom and work my way up. :)

first off, austin, you have some mad talent. i love the clean lines, the curves, the pen strokes. the simplicity of the piece is also striking.

Back