REAL 2009 challenge V2.a "Blanket"

Which is your favorite erotic illustration solution for the word "Blanket"?

• 1. Blanket

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 2. Blanket me from the pain

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 3. Full moon under blanket of stars. or (up at the crack of Dawn)

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • 4. Hansel und Gretel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. cover me

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 6. Blanket

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok done with this one.. on to the next.

Congratulations on your win Throbbs, curious about the illustration, how did you paint it ?

and to neci for a nice second :D and also to all that participated. :D

Congratulations Throbbs!!!

hey, do i get that fancy golden cock?!?!?!?! man, i am so excited...

Congratulations Throbbs!!!

hey, do i get that fancy golden cock?!?!?!?! man, i am so excited...

[
attachment.php

Attachments

• willy_trophy.jpg
    willy_trophy.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 65
Congratulations on your win Throbbs, curious about the illustration, how did you paint it ?
Thank you, Austin.
I made a rough concept sketch of my idea on copier paper.
Then a pencil sketch on illustration Board. I made a bunch of water color washes..getting darker and more detailed each time. I adjusted the scan to match the original then used a Star shaped brush in photoshop to add stars on the comforter and to add a bit more shadowing.

I'm a bit bummed that the scans goofed... did not scan the entire image. Thi scanner has a bad habit of not always scanning the selection...grrrr. And I did not take the time to double check the scanned image.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
very cool! I was almost positive you had colored the picture with a brush, but the stars kinda threw me off I couldn't quite figure out how you created them, very nice work!

very cool! I was almost positive you had colored the picture with a brush, but the stars kinda threw me off I couldn't quite figure out how you created them, very nice work!

Thanks! There are times that photoshop is the right tool!
Though using some of that gouache, that we talked about before) might have been the thing.... for a less "regular look"

Thanks! There are times that photoshop is the right tool!
Though using some of that gouache, that we talked about before) might have been the thing.... for a less "regular look"

yeah, Ive been using titanium white soft body acrylic paint with some success

Ok rough sketch done on Hand!! :) you and neci have inspired me! going for color on this one!

yeah, Ive been using titanium white soft body acrylic paint with some success

Ok rough sketch done on Hand!! :) you and neci have inspired me! going for color on this one!

YEAH!!!
go go go Austin!

remember you have THREE weeks for this.

Congrats, Throbby! I really loved your entry! Nice, full, thick, meaty tan-lined erotic ass peeking out from the starry blanket...kinda touched my soul in certain ways...:D

Ok... how do we ID them?
by Date and name (vs the V1a etc)?
or........

eg
"duct tape" enter by 12-28-09
"duct tape" poll voting ends 1-14-10

or whatever

Here's my labeling option for the new year's joints:

2010 Erotic Art Challenge #X: "XXXXXX"

First X is the series number, followed by the word theme. You don't need the "version" v's or anything else and that thread will be the main thread. When doing a search, the hierarchy will always follow "2010 Erotic Art Challenge" and be listed in progression by the series number. Not really any diff from the titling of the writing challenges happening here. We can also substitute "Art" with "Illustration" if it makes better sense? I dunno. "Art" is a good and convenient catchall for what we're doing here under many mediums!

Last edited:
morning Irez, so ok, but what about the voting poll? separate thread? or within the body of the main thread? Art's a good word, I consider our work art.

morning Irez, so ok, but what about the voting poll? separate thread? or within the body of the main thread? Art's a good word, I consider our work art.

Polls HAVE to be stand alone. You only get oportunity to make it a poll when you start a thread.

I still prefer "illustration" over "art". To me "art" holds some pretentiousness...and illustration is specifically the goal, to illustrate the word.

I have no preference for this purpose between "art" and "illustration"

I like the title for threads to have the "word" listed and no "V0.0a" etc as I found the inclusion of the "V0.0a" to be confusing.

You da man!
Set up "package" how you think will work best.

You da man!
Set up "package" how you think will work best.

Hmm, I dont feel like Da man, I feel like a man sitting on one drawing.

Ok Im sticking with the original wording, then see where the new year takes us...

Last edited:
Hmm, I dont feel like Da man, I feel like a man sitting on one drawing.

um... stand up then!:D

I thunk you had at least two submissions for "package"?
And expecting a few more what with the extension.

Polls HAVE to be stand alone. You only get oportunity to make it a poll when you start a thread.

I still prefer "illustration" over "art". To me "art" holds some pretentiousness...and illustration is specifically the goal, to illustrate the word.

Because everything is time-based, there'll be enough of a gap between the word announcement and then the final gallery poll, which we can modify simply as thus:

2010 Erotic Art Challenge #X: "XXXXXX" to:

2010 Erotic Art Challenge #X Poll: "XXXXXX" or 2010 Erotic Art Challenge #X: "XXXXXX" Poll

This way, there'll only be two threads in our Artists' Section pertaining to the word, which will be upfront in the title of both, with the corresponding number hierarchy, to mitigate confusion and keep it clean. Throbby, you wouldn't have to stop link advertising the challenges or the polls in other sections of Lit. In fact, this might even make it more clearer for people to go to the threads in our section to participate or vote.

I have no preference for this purpose between "art" and "illustration"

I like the title for threads to have the "word" listed and no "V0.0a" etc as I found the inclusion of the "V0.0a" to be confusing.

kiki! sent you an e mail! good seeing you out and about!

Im out for a while be back this afternoon

...snip...

Throbby, you wouldn't have to stop link advertising the challenges or the polls in other sections of Lit. In fact, this might even make it more clearer for people to go to the threads in our section to participate or vote.

I am becoming increasingly disinterested in the advertising portion. If it had resulted in more particpants, including co9mmentary, that would be good. More votes... shrug...:rolleyes:

There are a couple of self proclaimed "artists" who frequent the GB. MAYBE using "art" in the thread titles would draw (ha ha) them out, but I reeally do not think so. They are either afraid (I think this is the case) or feel "above" this sort of "exercise". Frankly, I'd get as much out of just doing the challenge with no poll.

Back