When your story makes you emotional

This thread's problem is that many of its participants have messed up or undeveloped emotional mechanisms. It makes it hard for them to cry or show strong emotions, but they're not necessarily sociopaths. The cause is most likely due to a lack of motherly love and attention or exposure to alcohol as embryos. 😁
I think someone who casts aspersions on someone's mother, and her ability to love her child while also claiming that she did something as egregious as drinking during her pregnancy has stepped over the line. This has nothing to do with the thread, and just shows how far you'll go to insult other authors.

Which makes me think, you must be pretty insecure to stoop that low.

I have worked with children afflicted with fetal alcohol syndrome and their life-long plight is nothing to make light of.

I rarely get involved in your cat and mouse games, but I felt I had to say something because of how ridiculous low you've stooped with this comment.

Last edited:
Really, how very mature of you. You throw out something so outlandish, and that's your response? Typical.

They employed a lot more board manipulation/persona garbage that is blessedly far more infrequent these days.

Almost nobody of substance fixated on board metrics (most stories, H counts, ratings) to the total detriment of actual constructive contribution but that era was rife with the manipulator/you MUST look at me troll. Named trolls were the standard bearers but led to so so many copycats.

I had to take a lot more time away pauses b/c the board would go sideways either from their direct action, REaction to them, or INaction which let the misery spiral feed itself.

Good ol' days they were not.
When I think back on it, it was a shame JBJ wanted to keep playing up the Archie Bunker attitude and persona because when he did focus on writing he had good advice, and he helped me quite a bit behind the scenes because I could handle him telling me my work was trash and to get better and make him admit I did get better. When he started posting stories he had a raw and interesting style, but he wanted to be known more for being a dink.

Freddie and Scouries? It was the site's fault we dealt with them because both should have been banned over the Kitt baby thread. People never seem to think of it in that sense, that even now the site's MO is to protect the bad and treat the people who point it out as if they're the problem.

When I think back on it, it was a shame JBJ wanted to keep playing up the Archie Bunker attitude and persona because when he did focus on writing he had good advice, and he helped me quite a bit behind the scenes because I could handle him telling me my work was trash and to get better and make him admit I did get better. When he started posting stories he had a raw and interesting style, but he wanted to be known more for being a dink.
For each of us there is a point where talent cannot overcome lack of civility. There've been cliques of "well he/she is good to me so..." and it's been problematic.

Being decent within the framework of all that is allowed here is so kindergarten, I find it impossible to grade basic decency on a curve.
Freddie and Scouries? It was the site's fault we dealt with them because both should have been banned over the Kitt baby thread. People never seem to think of it in that sense, that even now the site's MO is to protect the bad and treat the people who point it out as if they're the problem.
Uninterested in revisiting that Pandora's other than to say there were plenty of preceding events, manipulations, and general F U attitude to both the site and the regular contributors on the forum (when we were a more insular group) that merited ouster.

Ugly times. Far more reactionary times. Don't miss it one iota. (though I do miss the posters whose goodness shinned especially brightly in the face of the nonsense. I sensed we lost a good few by letting a vocal troll minority run basically free.)

This thread's problem is that many of its participants have messed up or undeveloped emotional mechanisms. It makes it hard for them to cry or show strong emotions, but they're not necessarily sociopaths. The cause is most likely due to a lack of motherly love and attention or exposure to alcohol as embryos. 😁
Shame on you, Tilan! You owe us all an apology!!! 🤣🤣🤣
ZomboMeme 7404.jpg

I think someone who casts aspersions on someone's mother, and her ability to love her child while also claiming that she did something as egregious as drinking during her pregnancy has stepped over the line. This has nothing to do with the thread, and just shows how far you'll go to insult other authors.

Which makes me think, you must be pretty insecure to stoop that low.

I have worked with children afflicted with fetal alcohol syndrome and their life-long plight is nothing to make light of.

I rarely get involved in your cat and mouse games, but I felt I had to say something because of how ridiculous low you've stooped with this comment.
He is a troll who will say anything he can to get a response. Insulting your mother is pretty much guaranteed to get a reaction from someone.

Every time someone responds to him, it validates his posting strategy, because he is only looking for attention, and negative reactions are still attention.

He is a troll who will say anything he can to get a response. Insulting your mother is pretty much guaranteed to get a reaction from someone.

Every time someone responds to him, it validates his posting strategy, because he is only looking for attention, and negative reactions are still attention.
I do realize that. Still, it's funny how thin skinned he is, considering how he loves to fling garbage at everyone else. He's like the schoolyard bully who love to hit kids and then goes running home to his mommy crying when someone has finally had enough and hits him back.

Certain scenes in my stories move me to tears, also other authors stories, too. Death scenes particularly move me, and more poignant breakup can as well. Scenes where cheating/abusive/grossly neglectful partners lose their relationship, rather the other way; though I can be moved to tears by what the innocent partner suffered leading up to it.

Oooo... I forgot about all of them.

I'm thinking that Tilan would be more like Joe Besser, the stooge whose films barely made it to TV
View attachment 2256938
I'm starting to think this chucklefuck is a returning banned member with an alt and axe to grind. I don't remember the names, but he's reminding me of a user from a few years ago, that got his main and both alts banned in one year. A malformed peacock struting his balding feathers, like we really give a shit. And how he likes to go at it with Lovecraft, like he's trying to fill KeithD's shoes or something. Ain't nobody taking those antics to heart.

I'm starting to think this chucklefuck is a returning banned member with an alt and axe to grind. I don't remember the names, but he's reminding me of a user from a few years ago, that got his main and both alts banned in one year. A malformed peacock struting his balding feathers, like we really give a shit. And how he likes to go at it with Lovecraft, like he's trying to fill KeithD's shoes or something. Ain't nobody taking those antics to heart.
I don't think so. I reckon you're thinking of Black Noir aka James B Johnson, who was a cut above this guy. He went shooting fish in a barrel, because the same old same old couldn't help themselves, always rising to the bait.

I don't think so. I reckon you're thinking of Black Noir aka James B Johnson, who was a cut above this guy. He went shooting fish in a barrel, because the same old same old couldn't help themselves, always rising to the bait.
I could be, or this other user that was running around with him. I was unbothered by JBJ, I guess he seemed genuinely pompous, like Tilan is trying to be. Ah dunno, I was unbothered.

Generally no... But sometimes when the scene is evocative enough, and when I find the right words and build the story up just right... Yeah.

Moreso, and particularly I feel just in the past few years, my daydreams have been getting to me more. I'm writing a story based on one of them at the moment, and that's a rollercoaster of emotions.

He reminds me of a fellow from Sweden I had the distinct displeasure of meeting over a decade ago on a similar forum. Another petulant emotionally stunted child who took it as a personal insult that someone dare have an opinion that ran in opposition to his own. The ignore option makes life much nicer.

He reminds me of a fellow from Sweden I had the distinct displeasure of meeting over a decade ago on a similar forum. Another petulant emotionally stunted child who took it as a personal insult that someone dare have an opinion that ran in opposition to his own. The ignore option makes life much nicer.
So ANYWAY....

I got a little emotional near the end of Enchantress. Not sad enough to cry, more depressed when it looked like Nick was dead.

"If he leaves Nick dead, I'm gonna one-star this story!" 😉

Ook!

So ANYWAY....

I got a little emotional near the end of Enchantress. Not sad enough to cry, more depressed when it looked like Nick was dead.

"If he leaves Nick dead, I'm gonna one-star this story!" 😉

Ook!
I remember someone mentioning how my stories could be a bit darker... 😏

If anger is an emotion I once wrote a section to a story that needed to be written, but I'd been dreading if I could manage it, because the idea pissed me off. I got even more pissed off when I not only pulled it off, but it went even darker than I intended, and I was so pissed off thinking about it later, I punched a cabinet in the basement and put my hand through the door....and got it stuck which made me madder and I ended up having to yank the door off its hinges to get my hand out.

The next day, Wife: so, I was doing laundry and what the hell happened to the cabinet?

Well, you see, Mark and Megan went to....and then....and then, um...well...

"Whatever, replace the door or buy a new cabinet.

I'm editing my next story. I've gone from a single chapter of barely two pages (The Second Date) to 85k cut down from 110k where I still need to add some scenes. I cried my eyes out at some of the later scenes, and I'm absolutely dreading editing the last couple of chapters. I've given the characters a HEA but not until the Epilogue. The main story ends on a positive but bitter note, it's honestly currently really messing with me.

I cry at media relatively regularly. Anything involving strong female characters being badasses has me crying, and I've sat weeping leaning against the kitchen counter at a long running fantasy series before because one of my favorite charactesr died.

I miss these characters though. I want to be with them, be a part of their lives. They're so full of life, full of energy and love for each other, I just feel for them to such a degree that it was hard to keep my eyes dry as I was describing their wedding rings, or as I was writing a scene where two of the policule of four (throuple works in a way quople doesn't) were crying in each other's arms as they realized their vacation was coming to an end and they'd have to go back to their regular lives an their own apartments.

I've done long distance relationships in the past (6 fucking timezones, FML) and despite the characters living a couple blocks apart, it still felt the same to me. It just wrecks me when people who want to be together, can't.

Back