What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

I made Caribbean jerk chicken strips (just from a bottled marinade), rice, green beans, boiled yellow squash, and candied sweet potatoes, along with the last couple of slices of tomato I had left.

It was amazing, and I'm stuffed. No clue how I'm going to work this full, lol.

Hey everyone, I need some ideas.

I am having oral surgery in two weeks and will be on a liquid/soft foods diet for three weeks post-op. I'm looking for ideas of different things to make so it doesn't get too boring. I won't be able to eat anything with seeds in it.

I love smoothies, soups, and sweet potatoes. Does anyone have a favorite bisque? Smoothie? Something different?

I have made oxtail soup, mulligatawny soup, different kinds of veggie soup, shrimp soup, fish soup when cooking for someone with those restrictions.
Almost any soup thrown in the blender works really well and making ahead and freezing in portions works makes life easier.

The smoothie tip from Goldy is a good one and you can use coconut milk and or cream in smoothies too.
Beets are great in smoothies too and you can add carrots and spinach to fruit smoothies without changeing the taste too much.

Yummy dinner, both yesterday and today!

IMG_2251.jpeg
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyrlægens_natmad

IMG_2250.jpeg
Pork tenderloin filet dressed with garlic, onion, black pepper, lemon and sage with tzatziki, carrot yoghurt with lemon and curcumin and black bean yoghurt with cumin and coriandre.
Stole some fries too… Falls in the ”My wife’s not really hungry”- cathegory, I guess?

Last edited:
The whey from making tzatziki yesterday turned into scones for breakfast and afternoon snack today.
IMG_2275.jpeg
For dinner I finally got to do Sicilian lamb ragu with pasta and pecorino.
IMG_2276.jpeg

Back