What is your favorite souvenir from another state or country while traveling, and why?

sallysparrow23

Don't blink
I was given a small dish with a shamrock on it by a woman in Ireland after sitting down and talking to her one morning while having coffee. It was an unexpected and simple gesture of gratitude and I use it as a jewelry dish when I take out my earrings every day. It always makes me smile when I think about her. ☺️☘️

I recently bought myself a gorgeous bangle in Corfu, Greece. Does that count? 🤣

I’m not really a person that gets into souvenirs or who will attach a memory to an item but it might be a baseball that was given to me that we used on the Field of Dreams, Iowa, USA.

I brought back Scotch, Gin, beers and a couple t-shirts on my recent trip to Scotland. I dont know just depends. When other people travel they always bring me hot sauce.

A random shop keeper gave me a lucky cat ornament in Japan - takes pride of place at home. On my last day in Japan I got gifted a toy, but it was confiscated in departures.

My best momento is always the memories and stories though

The first time I went to Italy to meet my cousins and to see where my family is from I brought back some of the dirt and I have it in a little capsule necklace so it’s always close to my heart.

It's supposed to be bad luck, but I have a 6 inch by 4 inch lava rock from Kauai. Being from California, I never see them. I suppose if everyone took a rock home with them, the island landscape would start looking cannibalized, but it was very cool - and I wanted it. So FAR (knock on wood) I haven't had any bad luck and it's been on the display shelf for the last 7-8 years.

I went to China and brought back two small terra cotta warriors. They were heavy, and I had to carry them in my luggage.

Back