Vintage 40 Prime TWO!

I am two baker's dozens days short of hitting fitty, and I fear that the party my wife and sister are planning will have certain people attending, people that I don't want near me.

That is too bad, RJ. I was just able to stop a surprise party for my fiftieth a year ago!

That is too bad, RJ. I was just able to stop a surprise party for my fiftieth a year ago!

My son knows that if certain people are there, mostly the Klingons that hang around my brother, I'll up and leave.

Hi everyone,

Thank you Starry for the notice I put this in the wrong place. I did just send a PM to Laurel. When I got to this thread it looks like it is already back to the Playground. Whew!

I do admit it took me a bit of searching to find where the New Thread tab is. Perhaps I need to make a note of it as this wonderful active thread gets to the limit quickly.

With a DB (database) and engineering background I do understand why limiting the size of the active threads improves performance. With static "memory" being relatively cheap the early threads are archived. They are available. I have looked back years and I have a number of entries. That can be interesting.

Now if I can just remember and work out putting this link in my sig. The first time it didn't work.

Have a wonderful week.

Hi everyone,

Thank you Starry for the notice I put this in the wrong place. I did just send a PM to Laurel. When I got to this thread it looks like it is already back to the Playground. Whew!

I do admit it took me a bit of searching to find where the New Thread tab is. Perhaps I need to make a note of it as this wonderful active thread gets to the limit quickly.

With a DB (database) and engineering background I do understand why limiting the size of the active threads improves performance. With static "memory" being relatively cheap the early threads are archived. They are available. I have looked back years and I have a number of entries. That can be interesting.

Now if I can just remember and work out putting this link in my sig. The first time it didn't work.

Have a wonderful week.

Don't bring that nerd shit in here! I left it at work and don't have to deal with it until tomorrow morning!!

LOL

Thanks Starry for the link, I was actually looking and didn't see where the new home moved.
And as for over 40, I am 50 so it's all good naughtysweetman. They didn't ask for any I.D. from me but the handshake was a bit lower than I expected...:D
Most likely RJ's doing.:rolleyes:

It's not his friends, it's my brother's. My son knows who they are and has been in the ear of my sister and has told my brother NOT to bring them.

Yes, I did understand that, and, since he is in your sister's ear for a while about them, and told your brother not to bring them, he is busy weeding!

Why do some people think a party for someone else is an occasion to bring in their friends anyway?

Yes, I did understand that, and, since he is in your sister's ear for a while about them, and told your brother not to bring them, he is busy weeding!

Why do some people think a party for someone else is an occasion to bring in their friends anyway?

My brother will more than ignore what everyone else wants, because he feels he's being prosecuted, etc. 48 and still acts like we all owe him.

My son's working the phone as we speak, texting my brother to remind him to NOT bring anyone.

My brother has always been like that, thinks of himself and only himself. To our mother's 50th, he brought 6 people with him and they all were offended when my sister and I asked them to pony up money before they even sat.

The last party I was invited to ,which was hosted by my best friend, she encountered the same thing. Several people invited others to tag along. Come on people get some manners.

Just tell your brother that if he brings friends he will be told to take them and himself home.

Gruss Gott Dutchrain.
RJ, I hear ya, a birthday party, or any party is for guests. Tell your brother he needs to pay 8 bucks a head per guest, that may shut him down.

But REALLY? Who The Fuck brings strangers to a family party?

Peeks in to announce I got to sleep in AC last night!!!
First time in almost 9 years.
I am puppy sitting & get a 2nd night in AC while her mommy is in the hospital.
I am hitting the sack early & sleeping like a dead person again tonight!

Gruss Gott Dutchrain.
RJ, I hear ya, a birthday party, or any party is for guests. Tell your brother he needs to pay 8 bucks a head per guest, that may shut him down.

But REALLY? Who The Fuck brings strangers to a family party?

My brother the stoner. He's what I bring out when people say "you can't be addicted to pot." He is, medically documented for over 20 years, too!

My son and I just had a talk. He said the only non-family members that should be there are:

My nephew's girlfriend, a woman he's been with for the last 8 years
My aunt's friend/boyfriend/our de facto uncle
My nephew's best friend who we all call my sister's "Favorite Son" LOL

My brother the stoner. He's what I bring out when people say "you can't be addicted to pot." He is, medically documented for over 20 years, too!

My son and I just had a talk. He said the only non-family members that should be there are:

My nephew's girlfriend, a woman he's been with for the last 8 years
My aunt's friend/boyfriend/our de facto uncle
My nephew's best friend who we all call my sister's "Favorite Son" LOL

You need to show him the way or kick his ass, he will learn.

2 cups of coffee in me and now to take on the World or at least get the lawn mowed.

Last edited:
If I sign up for this group do I get a discount from AARP? :D

Back