Rambling Rosie's Retreat

As you know I slumped hard this month and you were there for me and I am eternally grateful.

But since I've done stuff completely different - just some unique things I've never tried before just because they are there. I also made a new friend who shares a lot of my nerdiness.

And suddenly, sometime around 6am last Saturday morning my drive went back through the roof.

I've also been lucky enough to spend the last few days outside with the sun on my face increasing my serotonin and vitamin D.

& Then one of my trusted readers told me how much they liked my story today and I've been unbearably buoyant.

Bipolar life - high highs; low lows.
I'll be there to catch you whenever you need me.

Last edited:
Hey we all have to look out for each other. I crash hard all the time and I always feel guilty for asking for help but we all need it ❤️

You might be on to something with doing different things and getting out of the comfort zone and I definitely need to get out and about more. Good advice, thank you 😊

Finding people who match our energy and just get us is such a great feeling isn't it?

I'm so glad things are better for you now. And that's great news too about your writing ❤️

Evening all.

The longest month in the history of the world is almost over! Woo hoo!
Hoping everyone is ok.

So I wanted to talk about something rubbish and completely inconvenient, especially when wandering the old Lit halls.

What do you all do when your get up and go actually gets up and goes? When the river of joy runs low? When the lead in your pencil turns to string? When the libido is a libino?

Mine has been on the decline for a few weeks. Probably a combination of rubbish physical and mental health, seasonal affected disorder, and just general "meh"

I'm working on all of those things but progress is slow and I'm kinda losing motivation.

Do you have any good tips for getting your groove back?
As you know I slumped hard this month and you were there for me and I am eternally grateful.

But since I've done stuff completely different - just some unique things I've never tried before just because they are there. I also made a new friend who shares a lot of my nerdiness.

And suddenly, sometime around 6am last Saturday morning my drive went back through the roof.

I've also been lucky enough to spend the last few days outside with the sun on my face increasing my serotonin and vitamin D.

& Then one of my trusted readers told me how much they liked my story today and I've been unbearably buoyant.

Bipolar life - high highs; low lows.
I'll be there to catch you whenever you need me.
For my seasonal affective disorder (SAD), I have found bright light therapy to be helpful. The type of light box used does play a role in it's effectiveness. PM me if you want any more information on that.

There are medications that can have a negative impact on libido and can even make it difficult to orgasm. If you're on any new medications or have had a dose increase in any meds that you have been on for a while, I'd recommend looking to see if they are known to have sexual side effects. If so, talk with your GP. They might be able to prescribe a different medication or adjust the dose of medication. They might also take a wait and see approach due to it being a somewhat crummy time of year. I've always felt that January and February are the worst months. It is rarely, if ever, the time of year at which I feel my best.

If I have those two issues under control and am still feeling like my libido is more of a libidon't, I look to how I am taking care of my body. When I am eating a healthier diet and getting some exercise, I tend to feel better physically and have a better attitude about myself and my body... and that can help me feel sexier.

For my seasonal affective disorder (SAD), I have found bright light therapy to be helpful. The type of light box used does play a role in it's effectiveness. PM me if you want any more information on that.

There are medications that can have a negative impact on libido and can even make it difficult to orgasm. If you're on any new medications or have had a dose increase in any meds that you have been on for a while, I'd recommend looking to see if they are known to have sexual side effects. If so, talk with your GP. They might be able to prescribe a different medication or adjust the dose of medication. They might also take a wait and see approach due to it being a somewhat crummy time of year. I've always felt that January and February are the worst months. It is rarely, if ever, the time of year at which I feel my best.

If I have those two issues under control and am still feeling like my libido is more of a libidon't, I look to how I am taking care of my body. When I am eating a healthier diet and getting some exercise, I tend to feel better physically and have a better attitude about myself and my body... and that can help me feel sexier.
That's all really good advice Ang. Thank you so much. ❤️

Evening all.

The longest month in the history of the world is almost over! Woo hoo!
Hoping everyone is ok.

So I wanted to talk about something rubbish and completely inconvenient, especially when wandering the old Lit halls.

What do you all do when your get up and go actually gets up and goes? When the river of joy runs low? When the lead in your pencil turns to string? When the libido is a libino?

Mine has been on the decline for a few weeks. Probably a combination of rubbish physical and mental health, seasonal affected disorder, and just general "meh"

I'm working on all of those things but progress is slow and I'm kinda losing motivation.

Do you have any good tips for getting your groove back?
I listen to what my body is telling me. This time of year I usually feel worse because of the lack of daylight, and generally cloudy/cold weather.

So, I do my best to focus on eating healthy and getting what exercise I can. Both are good for me physically, and it both brings a feeling of accomplishment and, with the exercise, boosts my endorphins, plus helps me sleep better. That’s huge for me.

I listen to what my body is telling me. This time of year I usually feel worse because of the lack of daylight, and generally cloudy/cold weather.

So, I do my best to focus on eating healthy and getting what exercise I can. Both are good for me physically, and it both brings a feeling of accomplishment and, with the exercise, boosts my endorphins, plus helps me sleep better. That’s huge for me.
Yeah I guess I've been caught in a cycle of not being able to get outside much because of dizziness or other health issues so then I've been stuck at home too much which has made my social anxiety issues spike and caused me to withdraw from seeing friends.
I just need to get out of my head and get back into the world. That should hopefully put me on the right track again

You know you've probably been single too long when your child invents a boyfriend for you!

Apparently he's called Tyler. Is tall with blonde hair. Is super thin so he can sneak in through my window. Has a motorbike and a broken leg 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't know anyone called Tyler 😂
It's impressive, riding a bike with a broken leg... I like him!

tumblr-lyh5aco-Cb01qgzdhjo2-500.jpg

Happy Valentines Day ❤️

Whether you're loved up, forever alone (like me) or somewhere in between I hope you all have a perfect day.

My plan was originally gonna be a date day for one where I was gonna enjoy all my favourite things but now my boy isn't away so I'm gonna try and change it up a little.

tumblr-lyh5aco-Cb01qgzdhjo2-500.jpg

Happy Valentines Day ❤️

Whether you're loved up, forever alone (like me) or somewhere in between I hope you all have a perfect day.

My plan was originally gonna be a date day for one where I was gonna enjoy all my favourite things but now my boy isn't away so I'm gonna try and change it up a little.
Hope you can make the best of it ... Happy Valentine's Day Sexy Lady! 💝💝

Yikes I have not been here for ages.
(Hastily sweeps the dust out of sight)

Hoping everyone is well ❤️

The start of Spring time has definitely had an impact on me. I've started to reconnect with friends after basically being a shut in all Winter. I'm spending more time outside and trying to find a path to make some positive changes. I'm being mindful not to do too much all at once though. Therapy is kicking my arse in a good way too.

Sad news though. Tyler (fake boyfriend my son invented) and I are no more. I ended it after he went to Hawaii for Valentines to have a break and didn't even get me a card. Rude 🙄😂

Last edited:
Back