๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’‹ Hair & Makeup Mavens ๐Ÿ’ˆโœ‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ง

good to know. My partner just got an Elta MD sunscreen that Iโ€™ve been using.

very good to know on the wash and lotion! I do feel like it feels okay when I first wash/lotion but then ends up feeling a little irritated.
This one also has Citric Acid. It could just be there to balance the pH of the product, however, I would still avoid it with your skin sensitivity

@Mr_bogey as a public service to the many fans and followers your lauded & prestigious foot modeling career has provided you, I give you the following tips:

1-Start with an excellent cuticle remover solution
2-gently push back the cuticle with your cuticle pusher
3-scrape away any remaining non living tissue, if the dry cuticle needs to be cut, do it gently with your Bogey approved cuticle snippers
4-wash away any remaing debris
5-dry off your feet & proceed to buff the nail
6-apply a thin coat of matte polish to protect the nail
7-finsh by nourishing the cuticle with some scented moisturizer

Et voila! Your feet are ready for their next close up! ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ž๐Ÿฉด

I have a questionโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m old and Iโ€™m starting to look it and Iโ€™m not happy about it! :D Is there anything I can do about this โ€œtextureโ€ Iโ€™m starting to see on my face? I currently have a few products Iโ€™m using to try to combat this and I have seen some improvement, but Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s something out there that will do a better job. What anti-aging secrets do you have?

I have a questionโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m old and Iโ€™m starting to look it and Iโ€™m not happy about it! :D Is there anything I can do about this โ€œtextureโ€ Iโ€™m starting to see on my face? I currently have a few products Iโ€™m using to try to combat this and I have seen some improvement, but Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s something out there that will do a better job. What anti-aging secrets do you have?
I hear a high protein, naturally generated moisturizer is good for that. I have some if you want to try it. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿคญ

I have a questionโ€ฆ
Great Question! Here's a routine, list of products & procedures you might want to try. Then below that I'll put the "why" you'll want to try them.

Morning:
-Gentle face wash, I've recently become a fan of Bioderma
-Eye Creme, Juice Beauty is fantastic, as well as Dr. Brandt
*good eye cream is like a good attorney, costly because it's worth it!
-Vitamin C Serums RoC is good, but Mary Kay's is my favorite
- Hyaluronic Acid serum
-SUNSCREEN, SPF 35 or higher, yes year round! Like Coola, but Neutrogena is good as well, if a touch oilier

Nighttime:
-Facewash with lactic acid, Murads is my current favorite
-Monday & Thursday, exfoliate with either a fine scrub or spray peel. You can aldo use a leave on acid like this. Your doctor or dermatologist can also give you a compound prescription for hydroquinone/tretinoin/kojic acid cream to be used once a week
-Nighttime Eye Cream
-Moisturizer with AHA, like CeraVe or a Calcium rich moisturizer for smoothing like Bioelements Sleepwear

*Everything you do to your face, make sure to do to your neck & decolletage as well
*Drink a ton of water, nothing will turn those fine lines into wrinkles faster than being dehydrated

Makeup:
After your skincare is on, use a silicone based primer, like E.L.F. or Pore Professional

I have a questionโ€ฆ

(The site made me bust it into two responses for some reason๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ)
Part 2

*if your comfortable, PM me a pic of your face & I can give you more detailed makeup recommendations, as well as hone in on exactly what skincare might work best.

A teenager gets completely new skin every 15 days, that same lady at 50 gets new skin every 45 days. We also tend to get discoloration from hormones & skin damage. Think of your pigment cells as a bunch of little guys holding umbrellas, and when the sun hits them, they pop up those umbrellas to protect your skin below. Over time some of those umbrellas get stuck open causing discoloration and spots.

The trick is to get your skin to act younger. You do that through encouraging cell turn over through exfoliation, both acid & mechanical. Once you have the dead skin sloughed off, it not only encourages cell turn
over, but also allows the Vitamin C serum serum to better penetrate the skin to feed the collagen & elastin underneath, giving your skin a plump boost. The Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant that pulls moisture to it, helping you get that luminous youthful glow.

(The site made me bust it into two responses for some reason๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ)
Part 2

*if your comfortable, PM me a pic of your face & I can give you more detailed makeup recommendations, as well as hone in on exactly what skincare might work best.

A teenager gets completely new skin every 15 days, that same lady at 50 gets new skin every 45 days. We also tend to get discoloration from hormones & skin damage. Think of your pigment cells as a bunch of little guys holding umbrellas, and when the sun hits them, they pop up those umbrellas to protect your skin below. Over time some of those umbrellas get stuck open causing discoloration and spots.

The trick is to get your skin to act younger. You do that through encouraging cell turn over through exfoliation, both acid & mechanical. Once you have the dead skin sloughed off, it not only encourages cell turn
over, but also allows the Vitamin C serum serum to better penetrate the skin to feed the collagen & elastin underneath, giving your skin a plump boost. The Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant that pulls moisture to it, helping you get that luminous youthful glow.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful advice and the explanations were very helpful. I am super busy at work right now and donโ€™t have time to share my whole routine, but I am curious about your opinion on a few products I am currently using.

Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel

And StriVectin Super C-Retinol

After your vitamin C recommendation I realized I had bought the StriVectin product above and hadnโ€™t really used it so I just tried it again and now I remember I think I stopped because it dried me out, but I just added my daily moisturizer on top so weโ€™ll see. I also use a few Il Makiage products I am curious of your opinions on.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful advice and the explanations were very helpful. I am super busy at work right now and donโ€™t have time to share my whole routine, but I am curious about your opinion on a few products I am currently using.

Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel

And StriVectin Super C-Retinol

After your vitamin C recommendation I realized I had bought the StriVectin product above and hadnโ€™t really used it so I just tried it again and now I remember I think I stopped because it dried me out, but I just added my daily moisturizer on top so weโ€™ll see. I also use a few Il Makiage products I am curious of your opinions on.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.
So sorry, somehow I missed your response!

StriVectin has a long standing reputation in the skincare world. Most of their products are excellent. The only caveat I would add to this one is to only use it at night as the retinol in makes your skin vulnerable to UV damage during the day.

I don't have experience with Dr. Gross's products. However, looking at the ingredients this is essentially a glycolic & salicylic acid exfoliator. These are pretty safe to use, and cause small flakes to occur, instead of large sheets of peeling skin like deeper peels. Like with anything that exfoliates & thins the outer layer, make sure you're moisturizing & wearing sunscreen

Stalk Talk: the hosiery, not the creepers that like all my posts ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿฅฟ๐Ÿ‘ก

I posted a few pics last week in Salty's Variations thread. While it garnered the typical interest I was surprised that I got a lot of questions from folks wanting to know more about Thigh Highs, how to wear them, and where to get them.

Here are my recommendations:

Pantyhose Style: Hanes in seamed, and unseamed. They're inexpensive, and great place to start to decide if you like the look & feel.
Pantyhose Style, High Quality: If you've cut your teeth on the cheap ones and are ready to invest, try ViennaMilano (the Priscillas are fun) or the Sherman Tank of hosiery, Wolford
Opaque Tights: You cannot beat Sheertex. They're costly, but indestructible.
Fishnets: I love the DreamGirls website for their styles & size inclusivity. These nude fishnets are my FAVORITE! Your girl is thicker than a snicker, and rides the cusp between sizes when it comes to stalkings, it's nice to have options.
Sock Style: You cannot beat the variety at Sock Dreams

I wear a lot of skirts & dresses, and no one should have to see my pasty white legs in the winter. So, etiquette demands I cover them.

However, I hate things squeezing my middle. So, it's either full on Spanx, or nothing at all.

Thigh Highs are the perfect solution, and they've come quite a ways toward comfort & practicality than they were in our mother's day. All the ones listed do not require a garter belt, though sometimes using one give that extra layer of confidence that you won't have a wardrobe malfunction!

Happy Hosiery!
-Tig

I havenโ€™t seen this thread before, but I use a number of the products or lines mentioned. Here are my sunscreen favorites since I have Snow White coloring and hope to continue not looking my age for decades ๐Ÿ˜‚

Fall and Winter sunscreen:

- Coola Dew Good Illuminating Serum SPF 30 - daily or running errands (it has a nice, subtle glow)

- RMS SuperNatural Radiance Serum SPF 30 - going into the office or out (I never wear foundation, but the hint of color and glow are great light alternatives)

Spring and Summer sunscreen:

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Face SPF 60 - daily (Iโ€™ve found it to be the lightest Iโ€™ve tried and you can get the 50 at Target)

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Light Tinted Face SPF 50 - special occasions/when I put makeup on (light and covers like light foundation)

I havenโ€™t seen this thread before, but I use a number of the products or lines mentioned. Here are my sunscreen favorites since I have Snow White coloring and hope to continue not looking my age for decades ๐Ÿ˜‚

Fall and Winter sunscreen:

- Coola Dew Good Illuminating Serum SPF 30 - daily or running errands (it has a nice, subtle glow)

- RMS SuperNatural Radiance Serum SPF 30 - going into the office or out (I never wear foundation, but the hint of color and glow are great light alternatives)

Spring and Summer sunscreen:

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Face SPF 60 - daily (Iโ€™ve found it to be the lightest Iโ€™ve tried and you can get the 50 at Target)

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Light Tinted Face SPF 50 - special occasions/when I put makeup on (light and covers like light foundation)
Excellent choices! I've not used La Roche before, I'll have to give them a try

So, don't know how to get that red lip not to bleed? ( @Photog1rl I'm lookin' at you, tell me how it works out)
This was so helpful! I don't wear lipstick that often but reds did bleed, your lip liner tip is a game changer!
Thank you for sharing!
๐Ÿ’‹

Back