๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’‹ Hair & Makeup Mavens ๐Ÿ’ˆโœ‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ง

Tigobitties98

WBPHD?
"In the factory, we make cosmetics. In the drugstore, we sell hope." -Charles Revson, founder of Revlon

Hi, call me Tig. I'm a licensed Cosmetologist & Esthetician, and it's come to my attention that the lovely ladies of Lit have all manner of beauty insecurities & questions, but are too self conscious to ask, or don't know where to go to find answers.

The reasons I went into the beauty industry were two fold: I love that hair & makeup is art that you wash down the drain each night, and I have an almost freakish amount of self confidence that I want to download into everyone I meet.

So, don't know how to get that red lip not to bleed? ( @Photog1rl I'm lookin' at you, tell me how it works out)

How to cut a framed fringe or thick bang so it doesn't look weird? ( yes, @crazychemgirl that one's for you๐Ÿ˜‰)

Don't wear much makeup, but still want to go out with flawless looking skin? ( @OrdinaryPerson try this with one or both of these)

Want to know the best eyeshadow technique for your eye shape...or want to know what your eye shape is? ( @Indie here ya go ๐Ÿ˜)

Want to keep your red hair vibrant? ( @morelikeasong I'm looking at you!)

I hope I haven't missed anyone!

If you have questions or need tips, feel free to post or PM me๐Ÿ˜

Want to keep your red hair vibrant? ( @morelikeasong I'm looking at you!)
Ok so on this topicโ€ฆ I wash with cold water, color protecting shampoo, and sometimes I use a color depositing shampoo. Iโ€™m not sure it does anything. Any recommendations for a good copper color depositing shampoo or conditioner?

Edit: I clearly didnโ€™t click the links ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks babe!!!! I'll be trying this the next time I do my face. So now what about foundation? Contour? Brows? Lips? Lol ๐Ÿ˜†

Ok so on this topicโ€ฆ I wash with cold water, color protecting shampoo, and sometimes I use a color depositing shampoo. Iโ€™m not sure it does anything. Any recommendations for a good copper color depositing shampoo or conditioner?
Red pigment has the largest molecule of any hair color. As a result, it's difficult to keep the color in the hair shaft. Using cool water keeps the cuticle smooth, therefor holdingvthe color better.

Color depositing shampoos can be tricky. I prefer a color conditioner over a shampoo. Conditioner is meant to stay on the hair a bit, where as with shampoo you're fighting the detergent's function to pull things out of the hair.

I really like Keracolor's copper conditioner to revitalize your color once orctwice a week & use a sulfate free shampoo in between time

Red pigment has the largest molecule of any hair color. As a result, it's difficult to keep the color in the hair shaft. Using cool water keeps the cuticle smooth, therefor holdingvthe color better.

Color depositing shampoos can be tricky. I prefer a color conditioner over a shampoo. Conditioner is meant to stay on the hair a bit, where as with shampoo you're fighting the detergent's function to pull things out of the hair.

I really like Keracolor's copper conditioner to revitalize your color once orctwice a week & use a sulfate free shampoo in between time
Youโ€™re the best! ๐Ÿ’‹

@RosewoodTulip you might like this info, too!

Thanks babe!!!! I'll be trying this the next time I do my face. So now what about foundation? Contour? Brows? Lips? Lol ๐Ÿ˜†
Sure, but first, we need to address @Bry1313 's beauty needs!
@Bry1313 you definitely need to add exfoliation to your routine. Use this before you shave, and if you are using an electric razor, stop it, use this. (That is, for any other reason than hyper sensitive skin) And, for the love, use a moisturizer with sunscreen!

tips for someone with a damaged skin barrier ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I have a face wash & lotion thatโ€™s supposed to be good for that, but on sunscreen most days. But it hasnโ€™t improved much. (Edited for links to products)

Last edited:
tips for someone with a damaged skin barrier ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I have a face wash & lotion thatโ€™s supposed to be good for that, but on sunscreen most days. But it hasnโ€™t improved much.
What was the cause of the damage? And, is it your entire body, or only your face?

I have something to ask actually.

I have white blonde eyebrows. Theyโ€™re also scant due to years of plucking. I havenโ€™t plucked them in about 10 years and they donโ€™t grow. Iโ€™ve researched brow growth serums but am skeptical.

Do you have knowledge and/or experience with serums that actually work?

You're not going to believe this, but I learned to contour from a drag queen in South Florida. Misty Eyez is the best! Your face shape doesn't require much contour. However, I would put a contour below your cheekbone, blush above, to really make your cheekbones pop. I'll see if I can't do it on a dummy page & send it your way

You're not going to believe this, but I learned to contour from a drag queen in South Florida. Misty Eyez is the best! Your face shape doesn't require much contour. However, I would put a contour below your cheekbone, blush above, to really make your cheekbones pop. I'll see if I can't do it on a dummy page & send it your way
Appreciate you!!

I have something to ask actually.

I have white blonde eyebrows. Theyโ€™re also scant due to years of plucking. I havenโ€™t plucked them in about 10 years and they donโ€™t grow. Iโ€™ve researched brow growth serums but am skeptical.

Do you have knowledge and/or experience with serums that actually work?
Well hello my friend, did you come from the 90's too? Oh, the good old days when we thought pencil thin eyebrows were absolutely neccessary, instead of the travesty they are!

Your hair follical has 3 stages: growth, transition and dormant. Most of the serums out there are going to encourage growth, and extend the active phase of the follicle.

However, your best bet for over-tweezed brows is good old fashioned Rogain. Get some generic minoxidil and some spoolies to work it into the base of the brows and over time you'll see an improvement.

Well hello my friend, did you come from the 90's too? Oh, the good old days when we thought pencil thin eyebrows were absolutely neccessary, instead of the travesty they are!

Your hair follical has 3 stages: growth, transition and dormant. Most of the serums out there are going to encourage growth, and extend the active phase of the follicle.

However, your best bet for over-tweezed brows is good old fashioned Rogain. Get some generic minoxidil and some spoolies to work it into the base of the brows and over time you'll see an improvement.
80โ€™s baby and a 90โ€™s teen!

The serum Iโ€™ve been looking at is $60 for 1mL, so your suggestion is definitely less painful if it doesnโ€™t work. Thank you!

Iโ€™m not sure on both. I think using too harsh of an exfoliates. I also think itโ€™s just my face but I never thought to ask.
For a damaged barrier I would start with Cetaphil's line of washes & moisturizers. They're very gentle and will not cause further irritation, hopefully it will give your skin a break.

Sunscreen will be your bestvfriend to orevent furthercdamage & irritation. I'm not sure if Cetaphil has an SPF over 35, so I would highly recommend Coola's sunscreen for face in SPF 50. It's pricy but worth it, because it doesn't feel oily when it goes on. Neutrogena has one as well, but it is a bit heavy & may irritate your skin.

Do you have any rosacia?

For a damaged barrier I would start with Cetaphil's line of washes & moisturizers. They're very gentle and will not cause further irritation, hopefully it will give your skin a break.

Sunscreen will be your bestvfriend to orevent furthercdamage & irritation. I'm not sure if Cetaphil has an SPF over 35, so I would highly recommend Coola's sunscreen for face in SPF 50. It's pricy but worth it, because it doesn't feel oily when it goes on. Neutrogena has one as well, but it is a bit heavy & may irritate your skin.

Do you have any rosacia?
I donโ€™t think so but my mom does pretty bad so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m prone to it. I also updated my original post with the wash and lotion Iโ€™m currently using. But Iโ€™m def checking this out. I think the Coola makes sense because I hate when stuff feels super heavy

I donโ€™t think so but my mom does pretty bad so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m prone to it. I also updated my original post with the wash and lotion Iโ€™m currently using. But Iโ€™m def checking this out. I think the Coola makes sense because I hate when stuff feels super heavy
Coola is also about as natural as a high SPF can get.

Research is leaning toward rosacia being caused by a bacteria in the gut of mites that live in our skin. I know it sounds gross, but literally every human on earth has them. Sunscreen will help, but iybstarts to get out of hand, getting doxycyclene from your doctor or dermatologist will shut down a flare up quickly.

The wash & lotion have citric acid in them, which is there for light exfoliation, but may be irritating to compromised skin.

Coola is also about as natural as a high SPF can get.

Research is leaning toward rosacia being caused by a bacteria in the gut of mites that live in our skin. I know it sounds gross, but literally every human on earth has them. Sunscreen will help, but iybstarts to get out of hand, getting doxycyclene from your doctor or dermatologist will shut down a flare up quickly.

The wash & lotion have citric acid in them, which is there for light exfoliation, but may be irritating to compromised skin.
good to know. My partner just got an Elta MD sunscreen that Iโ€™ve been using.

very good to know on the wash and lotion! I do feel like it feels okay when I first wash/lotion but then ends up feeling a little irritated.

Back