These women are full of crap.

Well, you know.....you put yourself in that situation by choosing to go to a space with no cc tv....
You could have chosen 100 different, equally out-of-earshot spaces, but you chose that one.

Are you beginning to see what my point is in my last post?

Next time, choose more wisely.

So what you're saying is that It's my job to not put myself in a position where I might be wrongly accused of sexual assault?

Yes I'm worried about the 5%. I also said the harassment is wrong. All I asked for was fairness and do things the right way. I asked to much. And shove your chickenshit violin.

I'm sure your generous donation would be appreciated by the other 95%.

Callisto

I appreciate your openness to self reflection.

I'd recommend a little anger management however. ;)

Yeah I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday. And reading these kinds of threads just makes me even angrier, but I still do it for some reason.

I think that I'm starting to see it. Even so, I'm still going to stick with constantly expecting everyone to try and ruin my life, because it's saved my ass more than once before. I'll just try not to trust people differently based on gender.

And if anyone does, I can always murder them in an extremely shocking and brutal manner. Because if I'm going down, I'm going down in a blaze of self destructive rage and glory that will leave people speaking my name in hushed whispers for centuries to come.

Uhhh, phycho much?

So how are you supporting the women (and men) who have been harassed, abused, and raped?

Most likely the same as you. I'm posting asking for the prosecution to be done fairly with due process. We can't change the past behavior of the abusers but we can choose to pursue this the right way or the wrong way. Most likely everyone accused is guilty but you don't know that. You assume that and to destroy these men without any form of due process is wrong. The end does not justify the means. With the exception of internet posting what have you done to support these victims? We give the most vicious murders due process. To deny due process is possibly the most unamerican act I can think of.

No, schizophrenia and anger issues. I was just in a really bad mood yesterday and took my anger out by writing that.

Jesus Christ richard, you started to get on my nerves really badly lately.

I understand having a go at Lance because he's purposefully being a shit stirrer and a dick.
But not at posters who are simply trying to tone down these 'gender wars' as someone said.
Bashing all men indiscriminately and colluding with the angry feminazis isn't going to get you more action.

This is what was posted:
And if anyone does, I can always murder them in an extremely shocking and brutal manner. Because if I'm going down, I'm going down in a blaze of self destructive rage and glory that will leave people speaking my name in hushed whispers for centuries to come.

Publicly posting that you're going to murder people in a shocking and brutal manner. Seems totally normal to you, huh dishrag?

Most likely the same as you. I'm posting asking for the prosecution to be done fairly with due process. We can't change the past behavior of the abusers but we can choose to pursue this the right way or the wrong way. Most likely everyone accused is guilty but you don't know that. You assume that and to destroy these men without any form of due process is wrong. The end does not justify the means. With the exception of internet posting what have you done to support these victims? We give the most vicious murders due process. To deny due process is possibly the most unamerican act I can think of.

Wrong. We can change the behavior of abusers, by holding them accountable and taking them to task, rather than by making excuses which allow their behavior to go unchecked and unchallenged.

You are defending a small, tiny fraction of men who are falsely accused, and spending 100% of your energy on that, while spending 0 energy defending women and men who have been raped, sexually assaulted, and abused.

That's the sign of a piss poor man in my opinion.

What have I done? I volunteer regularly with two groups that help rape and abuse survivors. I have had friends, lovers, and relatives who I have supported through their struggles with these issues, and I also donate money to worthwhile causes...

What have you done?

Jesus Christ richard, you started to get on my nerves really badly lately.

I understand having a go at Lance because he's purposefully being a shit stirrer and a dick.
But not at posters who are simply trying to tone down these 'gender wars' as someone said.
Bashing all men indiscriminately and colluding with the angry feminazis isn't going to get you more action.

No, he was perfectly justified in describing what I said in that way. One of my real life nicknames used to be Psycho so I'm pretty used to it.

"The most important response to #metoo is 'I believe you.'"

No. I do not believe every woman who is now standing up to "share her story" or "tell her truth." I owe no blind allegiance to any other woman simply because we share the same pronoun. Assertions are not truths until they are established as facts and corroborated with evidence. Timing, context, motives and manner all matter.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/268157/beware-rape-allegation-bandwagon-michelle-malkin

Great article, yes.

So what you're saying is that It's my job to not put myself in a position where I might be wrongly accused of sexual assault?

Well, yes!
If you never want have anything like that happen, don't put yourself in that position.
Women hardly ever have that choice - to not put themselves in the position where they can be assaulted - simply because the power structure in all its forms (physical strength, seniority in workplaces) is so heavily slanted toward men.

Well, yes!
If you never want have anything like that happen, don't put yourself in that position.
Women hardly ever have that choice - to not put themselves in the position where they can be assaulted - simply because the power structure in all its forms (physical strength, seniority in workplaces) is so heavily slanted toward men.

And to be fair that's the advice women are given - a lot. Don't want to be raped, taken advantage of, hit on at work? Well don't put yourself in that position!

And to be fair that's the advice women are given - a lot. Don't want to be raped, taken advantage of, hit on at work? Well don't put yourself in that position!

Well if you are not a virgin and wear lipstick and go to a job, you are kind of asking for it.

Well, yes!

Seems a bit unfair but then again, life is unfair.

If a person wants to succeed, they must adapt to the world, not try and force the world to adapt to them.

Seems a bit unfair but then again, life is unfair.

If a person wants to succeed, they must adapt to the world, not try and force the world to adapt to them.

Why is that unfair?
Women have been told the exact same thing since forever, and have had the onus on them to do whatever they could to minimise the chance of being assaulted.
Why shouldn't men who fear false accusations also minimise the chances of that happening?
Ironically, if men did avoid situations where they could be falsely accused, they would also be helping women because women would no longer be locked into men like Laurs office, or cornered in empty staffrooms by lecherous bosses, etc.

Why is that unfair?
Women have been told the exact same thing since forever, and have had the onus on them to do whatever they could to minimise the chance of being assaulted.
Why shouldn't men who fear false accusations also minimise the chances of that happening?
Ironically, if men did avoid situations where they could be falsely accused, they would also be helping women because women would no longer be locked into men like Laurs office, or cornered in empty staffrooms by lecherous bosses, etc.

Discrimination against one group of innocent people doesn't justify discrimination against another group of innocent people.

That last statement seems a bit off though. Men who don't want to rape or be accused of rape can avoid those situations all they like. But that won't stop those who want to rape from putting women in those situations.

I'm just an aging man recovering from a stroke. Between trying to get back to work, being entrenched in therapy, caring for my dogs, doing yard work at home, and living alone in a 100 year old house I'm trying to restore, I must be a major league threat.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Ever since I moved to Western countries I came across so many good men who went out of their way to help me. Nothing to do with sex since I'm not exactly great looking; they did it out of a desire to help the weak .
I came across far more women who were trying to drag each other down, and if I was ever bullied the person was was: Guess what? A Western woman.

I agree that rape and domestic abuse are rampant and severely underreported and that has to change, but stop trying to attack and emasculate the good men.

Discrimination against one group of innocent people doesn't justify discrimination against another group of innocent people.

That last statement seems a bit off though. Men who don't want to rape or be accused of rape can avoid those situations all they like. But that won't stop those who want to rape from putting women in those situations.

I really do not understand why some men don't want to make any changes to help stop this from happening?
We women cannot do this alone - goodness knows, we have tried everything, from the moment men and women came down from the trees - and we have not been able to make very much of a difference at all.
Men need to make a few simple changes, along with the ones women make ALL THE TIME to help stop this abuse!

I am not so stupid or naiive to think we will ever stop it completely..... there will always be men who exercise their superior strength to rape women...... but for goodness sake! working together we can reduce these horrendous numbers of women who are abused, harassed and raped every moment of every day!

If men won't change, then you can expect your daughters, grand-daughters, and so on to be assaulted. Not maybe assaulted, DEFINITELY ASSAULTED.
The thought of that alone should be enough to motivate changes!

I really do not understand why some men don't want to make any changes to help stop this from happening?
We women cannot do this alone - goodness knows, we have tried everything, from the moment men and women came down from the trees - and we have not been able to make very much of a difference at all.
Men need to make a few simple changes, along with the ones women make ALL THE TIME to help stop this abuse!

I am not so stupid or naiive to think we will ever stop it completely..... there will always be men who exercise their superior strength to rape women...... but for goodness sake! working together we can reduce these horrendous numbers of women who are abused, harassed and raped every moment of every day!

If men won't change, then you can expect your daughters, grand-daughters, and so on to be assaulted. Not maybe assaulted, DEFINITELY ASSAULTED.
The thought of that alone should be enough to motivate changes!

Okay then, what kind of changes would you like to see?

Back