The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Stood down.

SF, thank you but it was nothing to do with Russians. They have passed through the Channel in international waters but they've been shadowed by our colleagues in the Royal Navy not us. Ours was another matter.

Now us girls hope to have a restful weekend.

That is great news for you and HSG G G. always a sigh of relief when you get stood down. Well now time for a pint or two?

S F yes could be some snow over 2,000 ft. I live at 2,500ft. So perhaps S F.

Stood down.

SF, thank you but it was nothing to do with Russians. They have passed through the Channel in international waters but they've been shadowed by our colleagues in the Royal Navy not us. Ours was another matter.

Now us girls hope to have a restful weekend.

That is great news for you and HSG G G. always a sigh of relief when you get stood down. Well now time for a pint or two?

S F yes could be some snow over 2,000 ft. I live at 2,500ft. So perhaps S F.

I am glad you are standing down. Now you can relax over the weekend.

2500 feet? That is just a bump in the road. ;) The first snow always seems to me to be the prettiest, but it is also the most dangerous. All the drivers have to remember how to drive in the stuff.

Reminds me of a picture in my fifth grade history book of Knox with a bunch of oxen pulling the cannons from Fort Ticonderoga to New York during the Revolutionary War. It obviously made an impression on me since I still remember the picture. One of those crazy things people do that amaze me. :)

This is how I picture tanks and snow. Hopefully, they have figured out better traction since then.

http://www.popsci.com/watch-american-tanks-drift-in-norwegian-snow

I have always found out-of-control sliding to be scary, but then I have always been in a car. Maybe it is fun in a tank. Once I slid across a street into an oncoming semi truck. Luckily, it was a small street, we were both going slow, he saw me coming his way and stopped. Then we both watched as my car got closer and closer to his grill. The car finally stopped when I was less than two feet from his truck. I slowly back up, we both grinned and waved, and I drove around him and we went on our way. Another of those crazy amazing things I will never forget.

Have you ever gone skiing SF?

Nope. Never even been to a ski lodge. I don't do high or fast. I once thought cross country skiing might be fun, but knowing my balance, probably be more like cross county rear-end sliding. LOL I used to ice skate as long as I stuck close to the wall, I push on one foot though, so I am not sure it is actually skating. Tried roller skating once, spent the entire time sitting down hard. Rode skateboards when they first came out and were made of old roller skate wheels and 2x4 pieces of wood. I sat while I rode them, but I rode them. That worked best doing downhill. I crashed a lot, but didn't have far to fall since I was already sitting. Let me tell you, it isn't easy to sit on a four inch wide piece of wood. I went downhill on a sled, the old red ones with the controls at your feet and no brakes. Scared the heck out of me because it went so fast. I don't remember if I did it more than once. Rode pieces of cardboard down grass hills, but that was fast and scary too. Although my brothers were big skateboarders and surfers, I never even considered trying surfing since I can't swim well. But I was pretty good at walking along the tops of four foot high walls. :) Oh, I could pogo stick pretty well. Once almost landed on a rattlesnake, that scared us both. Rode a bike a lot but never raced. But I have always had problems with balance, agility and anything requiring hand-eye or foot-eye coordination. I have terrible vision. I was a big sports fan though of basketball, hockey, and especially baseball. Quit paying attention to baseball when they started changing all the rules and charging for everything. Went to a LOT of football games, didn't like football but I was in the marching band and they kind of went hand in hand. LOL

Last edited:
Speaking of football (grid iron, not FIFA) Rick is very happy the Cowboys are having a better season this year. Last year I had some leave and went home with him for Thanksgiving. We visited the Alamo and the Cowboy Stadium. I bought my nieces a cheerleader outfit each which they love. He even got me a practice session with a girl's team. They said if I'm ever back I can guest play for them.

This year he's in the UK for Thanksgiving and my parents are putting on a meal for him & Tom. My Mum and his Mum get on very well and Skype every week.

Ok we're planning a Halloween Party for next week to raise money for some Syrian orphans and a British TV Charity called 'Children in Need'. Then on 12 November we're presented to the Queen. Got to wear a girly gown, high heels (hate them) & have to re learn to curtsy. God help me!

You could always buy a tank CG. They drive well in the snow.

Nah HSG Skis much more enjoyable. ;)

Speaking of football (grid iron, not FIFA) Rick is very happy the Cowboys are having a better season this year. Last year I had some leave and went home with him for Thanksgiving. We visited the Alamo and the Cowboy Stadium. I bought my nieces a cheerleader outfit each which they love. He even got me a practice session with a girl's team. They said if I'm ever back I can guest play for them.

This year he's in the UK for Thanksgiving and my parents are putting on a meal for him & Tom. My Mum and his Mum get on very well and Skype every week.

Ok we're planning a Halloween Party for next week to raise money for some Syrian orphans and a British TV Charity called 'Children in Need'. Then on 12 November we're presented to the Queen. Got to wear a girly gown, high heels (hate them) & have to re learn to curtsy. God help me!

Sounds like you have a rather enjoyable month coming up G G . :)

Sounds busy, but a lot more fun than what you have been doing. Well except for the high heels, those aren't fun.

In 2014 when I was a W/O my unit was in Afghanistan in November. We took over many of the American duties at the tail end of November to allow them to celebrate Thanksgiving there.

This year I think we're on duty so the boys will be on their own with my parents. I bet me nieces are already planning trips to the toy store lol.

We've just been given tickets for Twickenham tomorrow to see a grid iron match. In the forces we often get freebies for major sports events. So we're off to see LA Rams v New York Giants.

In 2014 when I was a W/O my unit was in Afghanistan in November. We took over many of the American duties at the tail end of November to allow them to celebrate Thanksgiving there.

This year I think we're on duty so the boys will be on their own with my parents. I bet me nieces are already planning trips to the toy store lol.
Better warn the boys to leave their wallets in the States. LOL Maybe the boys will bring you some leftovers. They always taste better anyway.

We've just been given tickets for Twickenham tomorrow to see a grid iron match. In the forces we often get freebies for major sports events. So we're off to see LA Rams v New York Giants.

I don't follow them, but I just read something about the Rams maybe moving to Las Vegas. I don't know why LA has such a hard time keeping a football team. There are certainly enough people to support a team. Must have something to do with the venues. There was talk of the San Diego Chargers moving up to LA but that fell through and they are staying in San Diego. You would think a place that could keep two baseball teams, could keep one football team. LOL

I quite like American Football and as the Rams are Mr T's team I guess I'll have to shout for them.

Sitting CG down in his favorite Inn chair with a glass of his favorite drink.

1. The girls were on alert, but then told to stand down.

2. They got free tickets to a place where they could watch an American football game between the LA Rams (Mr. T's favorite team) and the NY Giants.

3. The girls are working at a charity event on Halloween to raise money for a children's charity that will also help children in Syria.

4. The girls meet the Queen in November which requires dress, heels and curtsying; none of which are on GG's list of favorite things.

5. The girls are working Thanksgiving (as far as they can tell at this time) but both guys will be at GG's parents' house for Thanksgiving, which means they will be making the required trip to Toys R Us with her nieces. Her nieces are known to do damage to one's wallet on these trips.

6. Rick's mother and GG's mother spend a lot of time on Skype with each other.

Now you are all caught up. :)

Poor CG, I know 'girl' talk confuses the male brain at times. But SF has caught you up with our soap opera. Today we've got a day off and as we've been given tickets by the US Embassy (because I'm marrying a US Marine) to see a game so we're going. If it's on TV in the States we'll give you a wave. Last year Rick was here and we went to Wembley and cheered opposing teams (mine lost :-().

But CG, you know we love you! :kiss::kiss::kiss: and HSG is blowing kisses too. :kiss:

Poor CG, I know 'girl' talk confuses the male brain at times. But SF has caught you up with our soap opera. Today we've got a day off and as we've been given tickets by the US Embassy (because I'm marrying a US Marine) to see a game so we're going. If it's on TV in the States we'll give you a wave. Last year Rick was here and we went to Wembley and cheered opposing teams (mine lost :-().

But CG, you know we love you! :kiss::kiss::kiss: and HSG is blowing kisses too. :kiss:

Have a good time. :)

Thank you SF, we will. I was given 4 tickets so we're picking up an old colleague (Sandi) on the way and HSG's friend Fiona (from LA - lecturing here at an Engineering course) is meeting us there. CYA

When CG wakes up give him a kiss from us :rose:

Thank you SF, we will. I was given 4 tickets so we're picking up an old colleague (Sandi) on the way and HSG's friend Fiona (from LA - lecturing here at an Engineering course) is meeting us there. CYA

When CG wakes up give him a kiss from us :rose:

Will do. You will probably see him before I do.

Sitting CG down in his favorite Inn chair with a glass of his favorite drink.

1. The girls were on alert, but then told to stand down.

2. They got free tickets to a place where they could watch an American football game between the LA Rams (Mr. T's favorite team) and the NY Giants.

3. The girls are working at a charity event on Halloween to raise money for a children's charity that will also help children in Syria.

4. The girls meet the Queen in November which requires dress, heels and curtsying; none of which are on GG's list of favorite things.

5. The girls are working Thanksgiving (as far as they can tell at this time) but both guys will be at GG's parents' house for Thanksgiving, which means they will be making the required trip to Toys R Us with her nieces. Her nieces are known to do damage to one's wallet on these trips.

6. Rick's mother and GG's mother spend a lot of time on Skype with each other.

Now you are all caught up. :)

S F I know all that and if you look back you can see that I had commented on all of the points that you have listed. I was caught up.

Thanks G G and thank HSG for all the sweet kisses.

We had snow last night 2 to 3 inches of it So My White Mountains are truely white to day.

So G G it was off to London for you and HSG to see American Football. I hope you enjoyed the game but must seem rather tame compared to rugby. ;)

You know ladies a guy could get lost in your conversations,:(

Ahh given this message, I thought you were lost, so I guess I was the one that was lost.

Anyway, here are the kisses from the girls. :kiss::kiss:

A snow blanket for the hills. Sounds pretty.

It is S F! I love winter the brisk air chilly days, cold nights, skiing, and a fire on the hearth, I love it. Then there are the holidays Thanksgiving, Christmas, friends and Family. :)

It is what makes living worth living:D

Enjoyed an amazing day - except for the result, Mr T will not be happy The Rams were 10-0 up then lost 17-10. But the best team won. I met my old uni friend and GG's former colleague. Good day, enjoyed a great meal now back at base ready for an eventful week.

CG I love the snow. Can't wait to go skiing again.

Back