The China Pearl Inn part 7

A warm hug and a soft kiss.

Moring Shiva it is good to see you. I trust you are well and looking forward to seeing you again.

Well I just opened up all my gifts and I'm about to have some cake. Here's to another year. Hopefully this one I'll make better choices :D

Shiva the past is the past, here is to a better and happier year ahead for you.:rose::kiss::rose:

Well I just opened up all my gifts and I'm about to have some cake. Here's to another year. Hopefully this one I'll make better choices :D

Take it it’s your birthday? Hope it’s great! And anyone bothers you I’ll send the girls round! Shiva, you’re one of us.

Now off to prepare the stuffing for Thursday!

Yes Happy Birthday Shiva! Sal joins me in sending greetings.

CG, drinks on us for our friend and honorary Lioness.

Thank you ladies and gents! I had a really nice birthday and I’m feeling very lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people.

CG, I know you’re right, but it’s so very difficult to just let it all go. But I try every day. It means a lot to me to know you and the ladies have my back. I appreciate all the love and support you’ve all shown to me in the last five months. It feels like forever since we’ve known each other. We come and go, but this place holds us together. I think that’s great and i cherish it. So thanks again for everything.

Your are most welcome Shiva.

I am glad to ghear that your had an enjoyable birthday surrounded by friends,/:rose::kiss:

Busy, busy, busy! Preparing for tomorrow! And already my ‘Mom’ (Mother in Law) is planning an outing for Friday to the shops to ‘look at nursery furniture!’

Strange! I never knew she was pregnant!

Busy, busy, busy! Preparing for tomorrow! And already my ‘Mom’ (Mother in Law) is planning an outing for Friday to the shops to ‘look at nursery furniture!’

Strange! I never knew she was pregnant!

Obviuosly anxious to see you swollen with her grandbaby. :eek:

Obviuosly anxious to see you swollen with her grandbaby. :eek:

After Sunday Rick and I won’t meet until March (we’ll even miss our first wedding anniversary) when we go on our skiing holiday. Maybe ... just maybe then????

Texans can have a one track mind at times G G and Luv2bfud never mind folks that have grandmother fever.;)

Today is a backing day for me.:rolleyes:

Previous posts from GG suggest that ‘grandmother fever’ is international, with her mother just as anxious for the big event.

Meanwhile, here in Texas, my Mom is looking forward to my sister and I sporting our baby bumps. She has recently reminded me of our tentative plans of me getting mine in a year or so.

On another note, we have most of our Christmas shopping done and I’ve been doing gift wrapping this morning. :eek:

After Sunday Rick and I won’t meet until March (we’ll even miss our first wedding anniversary) when we go on our skiing holiday. Maybe ... just maybe then????

It’s my understanding that certain types of tadpoles are just as active and potent all year long. :eek:

For those of you who do & don't know me, I have led a pretty hard life.
I have had more pain and suffering than a man can take without breaking at least a little.
I am finally getting a chance to return to Lit after almost 3 years, and for some strange reason I feel like sharing just a bit.
I was in a bad relationship that I didn't want to give up on and I finally walked away from it.
I figured I would need some time but the next one found me. I went to my first day of work at a new job on the same day that my mom had a major stroke. While I was in training and trying to find the money to go south to see her she passed. I spent a month down at my parents place trying to take care of everything and my girlfriend walked away from her job to go with me. Insisting that I not be alone trying to handle greedy relatives, take care of burial arrangements, figure out what to do with the property and belongings. 2 years ago we got married. I made her set a date and the next day we found out she was expecting. Unfortunately she did not get to carry to term(he passed 4 months in). And we began putting the pieces back together. A few months later we found out that she was pregnant again. You cannot imagine the mental battles that comes with what if, not unless you have had to live it. For a man who is not afraid of anything on this earth, I was damn near terrified. But now we have a little girl who will hopefully not be just like me.

My normally painful life has paid off. And for or to what ever powers I am thankful.
So you all of you and those you hold dear I say may you have a truly happy Thanksgiving, no matter where you are.

Last edited:
Raven_Timothy, I hope I can call you RT.

As you can guess I’m very busy today, a Brit surrounded by Americans preparing for Thanksgiving (I hasten to add I’m a US Citizen as well as a Brit and very proud to be one).

I had to find the time to reply and say you are very brave to share all this with us because it must have been tough. Although I have fallen out with the Church I do believe in God and I pray he or she will be with your princess throughout her life.

Here in the inn we are all friends, more like family and in CG we have a champion who holds it together. You are valued here.

Luv2bfkd, before I have a child I need to get permission from the army and arrange leave etc. I think I’ll set my Mum and Mom the task of contacting NRR High Command. The alliance will surrender! Lol

Now ... back to the turkey!

Previous posts from GG suggest that ‘grandmother fever’ is international, with her mother just as anxious for the big event.

Meanwhile, here in Texas, my Mom is looking forward to my sister and I sporting our baby bumps. She has recently reminded me of our tentative plans of me getting mine in a year or so.

On another note, we have most of our Christmas shopping done and I’ve been doing gift wrapping this morning. :eek:

See grandmother fever is closing in on us all luv2bfkd and very strongly in Texas, :eek:

Raven all the best to you and yours.

G G enjoy your time with Rick and your in laws and don't eat to much tomorrow.;)

My mother was never one to harass her daughters for grandchildren, she still had a bunch of her own kids to raise. In my family, kids come expected or not, birth control or not, as far as I can tell, male involvement or not. LOL

RT, I am sure there are some wonderful cliches that fit all you have been through. What it great is that you have come through it and life is looking up. You will always find support and listeners (readers) here for the rough times and the great times in your life.

GG, I hope all your dishes turn out to perfection tomorrow. Good luck.

I'm very new to Lit RT but as a soldier (I'm Robyn's room mate at the academy) I recognise courage when I see it. And what you wrote took courage. You are among friends here, they made me welcome, and we care.

Also Shiva and Luv2bfkd, I don't know you but any friend of Robyn is a friend of mine. CG I've known since I arrived. I plant a warm kiss on his forehead.

I want to wish all our American friends a great Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Wanders into the Inn and sits down at the bar heavily. Been working on a turkey farm this last week, which is a busy, and somewhat bloody, place this time of year. But finally done and in need of a strong drink. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Wanders into the Inn and sits down at the bar heavily. Been working on a turkey farm this last week, which is a busy, and somewhat bloody, place this time of year. But finally done and in need of a strong drink. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

I've heard about you from Robyn so I just say hi & Happy Thanksgiving. For us Brits tomorrow is a normal day but we are invited to an American bar tomorrow night.

*Slinks in*

Hiya all,

anyone feel like a drinking game? I'm bored

:rose:

not much happening in here tonight :( Oh well!

*slinks back out again (but leaves alittle something at the bar:rose:)*

I'm very new to Lit RT but as a soldier (I'm Robyn's room mate at the academy) I recognise courage when I see it. And what you wrote took courage. You are among friends here, they made me welcome, and we care.

Also Shiva and Luv2bfkd, I don't know you but any friend of Robyn is a friend of mine. CG I've known since I arrived. I plant a warm kiss on his forehead.

I want to wish all our American friends a great Thanksgiving.

Evening Sal. I smile at the warm kiss on my forehead then sweeping the sensual young trooper into my arms I give her a darkly sweet sensual kiss to curl Sal's toes.

Uggg I don't believe I have met you. Can I get you something to drink.

My name is C G Raven but you can call me C G .

Back