Pending Stories

Any luck anyone?

I have just realised I have 11 pending, time between varying from 7 to 1 day so far for review. Most of these were rejected for AI. The one I have published was not put through grammarly.

Hey guys, I have a question. I think I made a mistake in my... No, I know I made a mistake in trying to publish some poems. I didn't realize that there was a separate tab for poetry because of the way the initial publication part of it is set up, And I put three poems there to be published before I realized I was attempting to publish the poems on the story side. On the 4th poem I actually did it on the Poetry tab and I put a note to the administrators or whoever it is that reviews it to ask them about adjusting the other three that were requested. But I don't know if this is going to create issues with the first three getting published. Can you let me know what I can expect as far as them publishing those three poems? Am I going to have to Re-admit them them after the delay of the time it takes for them to review stuff? Or will it go through just as is?

Hey guys, I have a question. I think I made a mistake in my... No, I know I made a mistake in trying to publish some poems. I didn't realize that there was a separate tab for poetry because of the way the initial publication part of it is set up, And I put three poems there to be published before I realized I was attempting to publish the poems on the story side. On the 4th poem I actually did it on the Poetry tab and I put a note to the administrators or whoever it is that reviews it to ask them about adjusting the other three that were requested. But I don't know if this is going to create issues with the first three getting published. Can you let me know what I can expect as far as them publishing those three poems? Am I going to have to Re-admit them them after the delay of the time it takes for them to review stuff? Or will it go through just as is?
No idea quite honestly, it seems really random between different people how long it takes something to be reviewed and published.

No idea quite honestly, it seems really random between different people how long it takes something to be reviewed and published.
I'm not so much worried about how much time it takes, I'm more concerned about if my mistakingly putting poems on the story publishing request part is going to make it so they don't get published until I re-admit them under the Poetry side

I'm not so much worried about how much time it takes, I'm more concerned about if my mistakingly putting poems on the story publishing request part is going to make it so they don't get published until I re-admit them under the Poetry side
Again no idea, sorry. I think though you’d be better off putting the story ones in draft and resubmitting the poems under the poetry tab.

I got this back from Laurel. A non-answer xD

"We appreciate the effort you put into your work. We've checked this work several times and it is still coming back as being composed largely of AI-generated prose."

This confirms they use some kind of checker. Those are so flawed, that is so annoying.

They're contradicting themselves with the rejections and then we're not getting responses to our issues.

And there are people here who think this kind of thing is completely acceptable ....

Resubmit them as poems. Otherwise you'll probably get an auto-rejection for being under 750 words or for formatting. Submitting as poetry bypasses those two restrictions..

I'm on day 7 of pending with mine today. I'm not holding out much hope, to be honest
Fingers crossed for you all the same.

I am increasingly thinking this one off publication of mine may become a “one and out” sort of deal, none of the others have “new” attached as yet. Uber frustrating.

Again no idea, sorry. I think though you’d be better off putting the story ones in draft and resubmitting the poems under the poetry tab.
But I already submitted the poems. I submitted them before I realized what was happening. So how am I supposed to put them in draft now? They were already submitted. I don't understand how this works. This is why I'm confused.

But I already submitted the poems. I submitted them before I realized what was happening. So how am I supposed to put them in draft now? They were already submitted. I don't understand how this works. This is why I'm confused.

Why don't you just resubmit them in the poetry-tab, then?

If you go to your user panel and access the pending-page for stories, you can click on the little gear-icon to the right of each submission and simply delete it, can you not? Then you go to the poetry-tab and submit them properly.

Less work for Laurel, who now doesn't have to move your poems from the story-side to the poetry-side, and less reason for you to worry about it.

Why don't you just resubmit them in the poetry-tab, then?

If you go to your user panel and access the pending-page for stories, you can click on the little gear-icon to the right of each submission and simply delete it, can you not? Then you go to the poetry-tab and submit them properly.

Less work for Laurel, who now doesn't have to move your poems from the story-side to the poetry-side, and less reason for you to worry about it.
Okay, I'll try it. I just hadn't made this mistake before, so I didn't know how to fix it.

So I got them rejected because they should have been put on the Poetry side. However, I'm trying to repost them on the Poetry side, And I keep getting the message that they're already on the story side but I can't delete the ones that were rejected or something along those lines. And so I don't know how to get them republished on the Poetry side where I should have had them. I'm getting the little orange. It's rejected thing and I can't get rid of what is there so that I can turn around and resubmit them on the proper side. I don't know how this works. I'm confused.

Go to your Works list. Click on the submission and bring it back to Draft. Copy the content, then start a New Poem. Paste your content into the text box, do the tags, add your title, then Save, Preview, Submit. You can edit in the text box, if you need to.

Once the Poem is in Pending, delete the old story submission.

The poem will stay in Pending, possibly for a while, because I think poetry gets processed in batches, maybe every couple of weeks (not sure). Once Laurel has reviewed and approved it, the status will change to New, and it will publish 24 hours later. Be patient, don't touch it, or it will come back to Draft and you start all over again, at the tail end of the queue.

What is insanely irritating is just quoting the guideline without any kind of example as to why I am falling foul. I don’t believe the quotation mark issue is actually an issue - it’s a different and acceptable stylistic choice in the real world.

Absolutely demoralising.
This sounds like Amazon-levels of bullshit. Literally. I've published a lot of erotica through Amazon KDP and what you're describing is disturbingly reminiscent of my experiences dealing with Amazon's content review team.

One of my stories was once removed for allegedly violating the content guidelines. When I emailed back to ask which part of the story violated the guidelines, the Amazon content review team had the following to say: "As stated in our content guidelines, we reserve the right to determine what content we consider to be appropriate. This content includes both the cover art image and the content within the book. For more details about KDPs Content Guidelines, visit Help: [LINK TO CONTENT GUIDELINES]".

Amazon's content reviewers aren't worth the oxygen they breathe. I can honestly that say I have yet to experience anything like this on Literotica, but reading your accounts of your repeated rejections, I have serious concerns.

5th AI rejection! Is there a medal? Do I get a reward?
I mean you’re not up to 23 yet, like me…!

But yes, I hereby bestow on you a medal for perseverance.

I am going to put together a PM to you tomorrow with some notes I’ve taken and a good chap on here, @CalebZhass produced for me. It may help.

Hang in there. I know how frustrating it is.

I think I'm beyond the frustrated mark now and I'm ready to give up. I have done everything they ask and, aside from selling my soul, there is nothing else for me to do. I don't want to leave this story unfinished, but I might have to. This isn't worth it.
I understand. Let me know if you’d like me to reach out with the notes another day, I know it is likely raw right now.

I went for a 5km run after rejection no.23, don’t think I’ve run that fast since I was in my 20s!

Portly, my ole friend, don't get too aggressive in your defense of your work. Remember, your talking to Laural, she who must be obeyed. Why? Because it's her site. She'll come to a medium ground at some point. A thread with the information will benefit you much better than sending her PMs about what others think of the tool she's using.
There are also so many articles about getting false-positive AI reads which seems to be the case here. I might compile some of the articles and put together a larger piece about false positive reads to send to Laurel or post in the other thread.

Have to be honest everyone, but I am starting to think the AI software is complete bunkum.

I’m up to 27 rejections and the stories that get through and those that don’t are really not that different from each other, besides the the story themselves.

Written by the same person, put through the same software, grammarly, all of the dialogue now conforms to the house style - I really don’t get this AI thing, and tbh we need a better idea of what is setting this off than the seriously vague “this is coming up as AI still” email we keep getting.

I want to keep going - but I’ve had over 45,000 words rejected this afternoon in a 20minute session by whoever was doing the checking at the time.

That’s not long enough to have read the words, so we have to assume that the only checks being done are through an AI o some form - literal copy/paste/check/reject, because I can guarantee you reading the thematic content of these stories could not be generated from an AI.

Now I get it, it’s Laurels site, Laurel’s rules, but dammit if I don’t want a bit more information and some consistency being applied. There’s been some absolute howlers published today in some of the new stories from today and yet I have five full rejections.

I’ve never had a response to any of my PMs from Laurel so I assume she probably gets so many it’s not possible. But there surely, given the issues that are really quite public now, needs to be a steer on what we can do to get through this system, because from my POV and that of others, it’s clearly not working.

I use Grammarly for grammar checks, haven't had an issue, but I have a small number of stories posted.

I wonder if it is how you use it that matters? I don't have a paid account, I just use the online "demo document", accept or reject their suggestions (it's usually about 50/50), then copy and paste the whole thing back into my plain text editor (basically notepad). I wonder if that prevents any of the tell-tale signs that are getting flagged?

Back