Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not crying over spilled milk, but

I always wondered if it would have made a difference to have had a dad who loved me, made me feel protected, supported my decisions, and raised me with a strong sense of self. Would it have mattered at all.

Happy Father's Day to those men who make their daughters feel special and loved. Those Fathers who make their little girls know for sure that there is one man in their life on whom they can depend.

bobsgirl said:
You can't tell the difference between your face and your ass? ;) :D

Just kidding...

I think it's that thing that's in between his legs that's throwing him off...I wouldn't know which end was up either.

bobsgirl said:
It's awfully quiet in here...quiet in here...quiet in here...
everyone's out celebrating paul's birthday. didn't you get your invitation?

Scalywag said:
I certainly hope so, because I spend so much time and energy trying to be the type of guy of which you speak. I don't always succeed, but I do try. It saddens me to know you did not get to experience these things; that you feel the way you do.

I'm going step up, accept this wish, and say thank you. Although I love both my boys very much, I have to admit I have a special bond with my daughter. I think it started the day she was born when the doctor asked me if I wanted to deliver the baby, and my wife answered yes for me. She was born the evening before father's day, and just turned 16 friday.

Today I spent the afternoon in the pool with my daughter, hitting a beach ball around. Then we sat outside on the gliding loveseat, working on the sunday crossword puzzle together. I had a great day today :) .

I realize that in 2 years she'll be going off to college and i'll have to let go, but I hope we can still have some moments like the one we had today.

See Scaly--that is so cool. Your daughter is going to have those memories forever and you will too. I'm jealous, but in a good way. There are some great dads out there and I'm very happy for those ladies who grow up with a dad who is involved in their life.

Scalywag said:
I've been trying to look around quickly to see if there were any jabs made about me while I was out. :eek:
nah... i don't think we'd talk about you behind your back.

*swiftly runs around HT cafe with white out and eraser*

EJFan said:
nah... i don't think we'd talk about you behind your back.

*swiftly runs around HT cafe with white out and eraser*

Too late, I already copied the photos that were in the Scaly's Closet Corset thread that you started earlier.

That's what I get for playing at the GB. :(

I certainly hope so, because I spend so much time and energy trying to be the type of guy of which you speak. I don't always succeed, but I do try. It saddens me to know you did not get to experience these things; that you feel the way you do.

I'm going step up, accept this wish, and say thank you. Although I love both my boys very much, I have to admit I have a special bond with my daughter. I think it started the day she was born when the doctor asked me if I wanted to deliver the baby, and my wife answered yes for me. She was born the evening before father's day, and just turned 16 friday.

MrWag, you are quite a guy. {{{{MrWag}}}} :rose:

Scalywag said:
Thanks Denae. It was not my intention to make you or anyone else feel bad, so I hope I didn't. Moreso it was to say that I believe a person can make a difference.

Oh yeah, my daughter and I have a date at Fenway Park on wednesday too! Just the two of us.

You didn't make me feel bad at all. Quite the contrary, it makes me very happy to know that there are good fathers out there. There's something ultra sexy about a man who is actively involved, and not for show, in his children's lives. Being a part of the raising, going to ball games, helping with homework & doing a crossword puzzle together. She's 16, so many would rather be with their friends, but she obviously wanted to spend the day with her dad. Very cool.

Scalywag said:
Thanks {{{{{BG}}}}}

How are things in your neck of the woods?

edit: I spelled BG wrong :rolleyes:

It's a day of great joy in bobsgirl's world because 1. It's sirPaul's birthday and 2. I got my stupid e-mail to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back